Cycle advice

the doc

Hello everyone, I'm Dan. Been on a little while this is first post here.

I'm 29yo  6'2", 200lbs, and somewhere in the 13-15% bf range (ab definition visible but not super cut).

My cycle history:

1- Var 80mg ed, winny 50mg ed 8 weeks (foolish I know, but I was a young punk and thought I knew best at the time)

2-Test E 500/wk 10 weeks, adex for support during and clomid for pct

3-test p 300/wk, tren a 300/wk, mast p 300/wk, 6 weeks adex/caber during cycle clomid pct

Current cycle:

wks 1-20 Test E 500/wk

wks 1-6 Dbol 60mg ed (kicker)

wks 4-13 Deca 300/wk

adex .5mg e3d throughout

caber .5 eod during deca

planned pct

clomid 100/100/50/50

nolva 20/20/20/20 (assuming no residual deca issues by end of cycle)

Diet is on point (above maintenance and macro intensive to get most out of cycle)

My question is, with my goal to be to put on 10-15lbs and harden up (get more definition) at the end, is my cycle complete as is or should I be adding something in at the end to help? If so what and how much? Not looking to break the bank either, so the simpler the better.

SemperFi

Hey Brother,

When you have time post an introduction - https://musclegurus.to/forum/general/introduce-yourself

More definition can be achieved through diet & training if you so desire. It is not necessary to add additional gear when it can all be done with diet & training.

Why did you choose week 4 to start deca? Just want to get an idea behind your reasoning. Most will start it day 1 because of the large deconoate ester associated with it. 300mg is also typically considered a very mild dose but I like it. ;) It is always worthwhile to find the minimum dose to produce results.

SEMPER FI

the doc

Deca took longer to arrive, got cycle from a few different sources. Otherwise I would have started it day 1. So would you recommend getting some more Deca and extending that run? How much longer? And I'll take a look at the other forum sections to see if my diet needs some altering at the end when I want some more definition. 

M

Mister A

Deca should be ran a minimum of 16 Weeks. 20 is more favorable due to the long ester. I would drop the Deca completely if you're not starting it Day 1 and running for the full 20 weeks. 10 weeks of Deca is a waste of money just as the 300mg a week of Masteron was.

Like SF said, your diet and training are going to determine your results much more than your gear. Wouldn't mind taking a look at your nutrition and giving a hand if necessary. What do you mean by "macro intensive?" I've never heard that term before and would like to learn more about it. Thank you.

SemperFi

We have all been on a macro intensive diet our entire lives. Is there any other kind of food consumption? ;)

SEMPER FI

Dolf

This is an old school bulking stack, and is ran for one reason...to add mass and strength. Long esters cause bloating and so does dbol. Bloat is not a bad thing if your goal is strength and mass. How much bloat is determined by diet and e2 control. A test p/npp/tbol cycle would've been a better choice for your goals with even mast p or winny as a taper.

And like the guys above stated...deca needs minimum 16 weeks to shine through. Anything less is really a waste. It's also a good idea to give blood regularly while cycling deca. Helps keep the bp down.

the doc

So following the assumed consensus, could I just extend the cycle out, pickup another test e and some more deca and run the deca 20 weeks? Or is it better to just leave for another cycle?

the doc

Daily intake: 160g protein, 80g fat, 650g carbs. hopefully that isn't too far off or I may have been doing this wrong the whole time 

blastthru23

Check this link out. Imo, protein is too low

https://musclegurus.to/forum/training-nutrition-and-diet/diet-and-nutrition/116861-my-current-cycle-clean-bulk-diet

M

Mister A

650g of carbs sounds like a fun diet. Although if you're eating clean, maybe not. 650g of carbs via brown rice, yams or oatmeal is a lot of chewing.

6'2" 195 29 years old. Training a few times a week. I'm gonna peg your TDEE somewhere in the 2900-3000 range.

My recommendation is to start with 260g of Protein, 300g of carbs and 100g of fats. That's 3140 calories which is a good place to start your bulk. From there you can add 25g of carbs a day every 4 weeks throughout the cycle. You won't put on 40 pounds, but the 10-15 pounds you do gain should be pretty clean. Assuming you're eating clean bro foods.

the doc

Yeah I do a lot of brown rice, quinoa etc, so not the best if I were to choose myself, but for what I want to do a diet is a diet. Thanks for the advice, I'll switch to that starting today. I wasn't including 75g protein, it's by means of a shake (only included food intake in the previous post)

M

Mister A

650g of rice is a lot. 1 Cup of rice is 40g of carbs. That's over 16 cups of rice in a day. Even if you ate every 2 hours you'd have to eat 2 Cups of rice at each meal. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just questioning if you're measuring correctly.

Also the macro breakdown of your current diet, with the 75g of protein from shakes exceed 4000 calories. Over 1000 past your TDEE. That's quite a lot in excess. You must have an elite type of metabolism for your body to process that amount of carbs and calories and still be 15% BF and under 200 pounds. Either you're a true freak of nature or something isn't adding up properly. Not trying to bash you, but trying to understand so we can help you or so I can learn from you.

the doc

I must be calculating it incorrectly (the label on the rice is worn, it's a giant bag so we've had it for a while), I do about 6 cups a day (equivalent, meaning some carbs are not from rice but for calc purposes we'll just stick with it). so that would put me somewhere around 240g carbs....so up carbs. Thanks for the help, and yeah I've got a really good metabolism for my weight/age but I don't think freakish so I must have used the wrong numbers to calculate.

M

Mister A

So then your diet has been pretty good. If you're getting good results then no need to change anything. We're here if you need something tweaked. Good luck with the cycle.

turnupthegas

My 2 cents is 50mg of dbol is suffice, heck i run 40 with great results and and thats 1/3 less strain on your liver! Think about because dbol will be great up front, but the gains don't stick and don't feel like 60 vs even 50 is going to make much a difference.

Risk vs reward, anything above 50 and you substantially increase the risk of adverse effects, unless your 250 and built like a cow id save the extra 10mg a day and run 50 or even at 40mg in the 4-6 week range. Let your long esters do the work. Remeber its typically just for quick size and strength up front and not a miracle drug

Dolf

I've extensively ran dbol. IMO anything less than 50mg you might as well be eating Flintstone vitamins lol. 50 is a good dose, 75 is great, and anything over 75 for me sides start to become a pain in the ass. primarily back pumps and bp, and taurine doesn't really help at 100mg and up.

turnupthegas

thanks D, so 50 is the way to go ya think? I only ask because i'll be doing it next cycle as a kicker and i have enough to do 50 over the 40 if you think it will make a difference

M

Mister A

Not all DBol is created equal in the UGL world. Properly dosed DBol at 50mg can be great. But if it's underdosed, you'll need to use more obviously. I've heard that, when you could still get legit Danabol, 30mg a day was a sufficient dose. Any old school guys who can confirm this?

SenseiMiagi

Yes, properly dosed DBol is effective at sub 50mg dosages.  50mg was top end dose for most, and was the most I had/have ever used.  Russian, Naposim, Thai's, BD ( argument to be made this was UGL as well from Ret).  Modern UGL's have largely watered down mgs in both DBol and Anavar IMO...not all of course, but there seemes do have been a streak of many years that all UGL DBol and anavar was crapola.  maybe an underground marketing agreement lol