Deer season

Bigstick_00

Sorry guys, I have been off the boards for a few days. It's deer season in my neck of the woods! Gotta get some of that high protein lean venison for my diet! Ive got an 8pt so far, need at least one more deer to hold me thru the winter! Good luck fellow hunters!

siegmund

Grew up with am30-30 and 30-06  and 12 gauge remington ,, can remember being 12 in the woods , I got plenty of trophy racks , but------- no more , had to give it up because of felonies ,,but------i dont miss it ,, now open season on assholes , im in ::)))

milkin

You ever hunt bear bro ? I got one several years back and I'll tell you what, they stink when you skin them.

obama8mychikn

Damn, I sure miss the early cold morning, hunting the majestic white tail.down south. And sieg you are right awesome meat from a bear, stink like a big foots dick but great hunting them and meat..... good luck

Bigstick_00

It's tough In my area, you have to pull a permit thru a lottery system, but yes I have, don't care for the meat tho, so I haven't bear hunted in years!

milkin

Bear meat is very greasy and the actual nutritional value I am Not sure of. I haven't had any in years but what I do remember about it was it really didn't jump out and grab me as far as taste. Deer is always good eating but most of my kin ruin it by dropping it in stew and salting the shit out of it. Nothing, IMO,  beats a nice lean steak or a fresh tuna steak on the grill !! 

siegmund

We had one  big roast we kept , what we did was ,season , add carrots potatoes , onion etc . And if I remeber right , we simmered it on low for like 36-48 hour and , it meltrd in your mouth, one of the secrets , with deer and bear was to soak in a italian dressing , like zesty with the seasoning etc.  

K

krisbr

I do a decent amount of back porch hunting. Benefit of protecting my peach trees is some good tenderloin. 

D

dolfanshan

I like shooting a wild hog and using it with deer to make sausage

siegmund

Got to go eat agion , All this meat talk got.me drooling ,, and the.eq , isnt helpinging , the wifes screaming because I got the fridge door open all the time

siegmund

:)) my first run of eq , and.if you want to eat , eq is the.ticket, im eating like a  race horse ,, hmm funny , race horse eq , some how theres a connection. :)))