Do they KNow??

csancheezy

As in was sitting reveling in the glory that is my first meal of the day, my shake, I thought do my brothers on MG know of this glory? Have they partaken? I must tell them, I must let them know. So like an evangelical messenger I am here to preach to you the good word of this holy morning shake. I have this everyday as first meal as part of my current diet. It contains:

1 cup of fresh spinach

10 frozen blueberries

5 large strawberries fresh or frozen

1 banana (can use half if carbs need to stay lower)

1 cup of egg whites

1 or 1 1/4 tsp of cinnamon

1/2 cup of easy oats ( like the ones you buy in the individual packets that take like 90 secs in the microwave)

1/4-1/2 cup of water depending on how thick or loose you like

Just use your Ninja or whatever blender ya got and pulverize these things until they are completely destroyed and you have a beautiful mostly purple shake (the blueberries).

So lets here your best shake recipes ITT (in this thread), and also yo make it fun you can use no more than one pre-made product like a protein powder, more points if you use no powders, and bonus points if you give macros ;)

Dolf

What are the macros on this shake?.

I'm a simpleton...

Unsweetened almond milk

2 scoops ON Gold Standard whey or Dymatize whey

1 cup oats bulking 1/4 cup cutting 

2tbs peanut butter bulking 2tbs PB2 cutting

I personally try to stay away from the fruits because of the sugars.

Big Nasty

I do use powder

- ON Vanilla or Beverly International Vanilla 1 scoop 24g protein

- 1 cup of strawberries frozen

- 1 cup of ice cubes

- 2 cups of fair life milk (2% or skim) 26 g protein

- 1 cup of plain Greek Yogurt 25g protein

I mostly do this one for a post workout. Its a great smothie taste and its awesome

Dolf

Actually both those powders are very clean powders. Low on sugars and carbs. You start talking about monster milk and syntha 6 then you're looking at a lot of garbage in your protein.

I eat fruit it's just not an everyday thing. 

Samh121

I used to like doing a morning shake about 45 mins before the gym that was

- 1 scoop ON protein

- half banana

- 1/4-1/2 cup rolled oats

-unsweetened vanilla almond milk

- tbsp almond butter

- ice

- and a couple teaspoons of either ground coffee or instant coffee (unflavored) 

good pre workout shake with a kick from the coffee

blastthru23

Man, I like that instant coffee idea there. I'm putting instant coffee on the grocery list, then in my morning protein slurry 

Big Nasty

I used to use instant coffee grounds (MRE packets) like it was tobacco dip when I was a field soldier and had to stay up for hours on end. It helped but absolutely tastes like shit. 

Dolf

Every grunt is a mre gourmet chef lol.

I'd mix cocoa, instant coffee, pb, creamer, and sugar. Hest it up with a heat tab and enjoy. 

I'd also open the creamer, put a little bit of instant coffee, and sugar to make a creamy like coffee candy.

Big Nasty

Hell yes, sometimes I  believed some of those concoctions were actually tasty. Coffee, cocoa and PB were a classic 

SemperFi

Jarheads learn through trial and error. There is no field manual for "How to avoid starvation through MRE's".

Remember that gross sausage patty? I had a three days supply of that crap and couldn't finish one. Had to starve the entire three days.

SEMPER FI