E2 Levels

Gibson222

I've been on 60 mg a day of Androgel for about 8 weeks, had a blood test and I am waiting for the testosterone results to come back, I did get the E2 level and it was 49, seems a little on the high side.

Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks

Dolf

If my memory serves me right I believe up to 50 is normal range. You're right on the edge of that. 

Is your doc a family doc or an endo?

GS9902

What time of day did you take your test? Our E2 levels spike later in the day so I would always take all bloods during the early part of the day. your level of 49 isn't too bad it and not worth "worrying" a simple Ai regimen can solve that Pretty quick. 

GS9902

Well it would all depend on his experience with an AI. If he hasn't dabbled in any AI yet I would hesitate until he's researched them. 

I have used both Adex and Aromasin for E2 control. I respond well to Aromasin so it's what I use. It is a bit more stable in terms of overall sides for me. Less impact on lipids and I just love the science behind it being a Suicidal AI. Less chance of fluctuating E2 and zero chance at an E2 rebound. 

The key is to always start very low and work your way up let's see what homie has to say and we can dial him in pretty easy and quick. 

Gibson222

1-28-15 Total test 363 free test 57

2-6-15 Started Androgel 2 pumps per day

3-6-15 total test 178 free test 28 increased Androgel to 3 pumps per day

3-25-15 total test 242 free test 28

LH 0.1, FSH 0.5, prolactin 4.8

Have to go back to the Urologist, NOT Endo, do I ask for Test Cyp to get the level as high as I can?

If so can I blast on purchased test and cruise on script test from Dr?

UPDATE 5-19-15

Ive continued the 3 pumps per day of androgel and Tesosterone test came back today
TOTAL 1319
FREE 373
Holy Crap! I wanted to blast and cruise, but I'm on blast now, should i keep the 3 pumps for the next
8-10 weeks and go back to 2 pumps? not sure if I need to change to Test E.
Thoughts?
PS looking bigger and lifts are going up, dead lifted 350lbs last night and I'm 53 years old, happy with that

having a test level this high I'm sure an AI is needed, should I wait a month and test again?, doc says it may not have spiked quite yet.

THANKS

Gibson222

1-28-15 Total test 363 free test 57

2-6-15 Started Androgel 2 pumps per day

3-6-15 total test 178 free test 28 increased Androgel to 3 pumps per day

3-25-15 total test 242 free test 28

LH 0.1, FSH 0.5, prolactin 4.8

Have to go back to the Urologist, NOT Endo, do I ask for Test Cyp to get the level as high as I can?

If so can I blast on purchased test and cruise on script test from Dr?

UPDATE 5-19-15

Ive continued the 3 pumps per day of androgel and Tesosterone test came back today
TOTAL 1319
FREE 373
Holy Crap! I wanted to blast and cruise, but I'm on blast now, should i keep the 3 pumps for the next
8-10 weeks and go back to 2 pumps? not sure if I need to change to Test E.
Thoughts?
PS looking bigger and lifts are going up, dead lifted 350lbs last night and I'm 53 years old, happy with that

having a test level this high I'm sure an AI is needed, should I wait a month and test again?, doc says it may not have spiked quite yet.

THANKS

GS9902

You should get bloods on your estradiol just to know for a fact what to dose your Ai. At that level of Total Test I would imagine you are aromatizing fairly well. I would try and keep my E2 levels between 30-40. you don't want crashed estrogen or spiked estro. So blood tests are the safest way to find a dose that will put you in a good pocket. 

Gibson222

E2 was checked at the same time and came back 49, but Doc says it may start to go up, I asked him when I need to re test 

to catch any aromatization, and waiting to hear back from him. 

Gibson222

Does the Ai slow down and stop aromatization or can it reverse the effects?, how long before it becomes a problem, I 

imagine ANY is a problem.

Thanks

GS9902

It's not too bad at 49. So were you running the same dose of the gel at the time of the test where you're e2 came back at 49? 

have you ever run an AI? Adex  or Aromasin?

Dolf

AI stands for aromatase inhibitor. Your two best choices are arimidex and aromasin.

Adex binds to the aromatase enzyme and prevents it from being converted into estrogen. Once stopped adex unbinds from the aromatase enzyme which is then allowed to be converted to estro. This is known as rebound. This can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Aromasin is a suicide inhibitor which means it binds to the aromatase enzyme and basically kills it.

Here's a pretty good thread for you to look over https://musclegurus.to/forum/anabolic-steroids/post-cycle-therapy/90679-adex-vs-aro

Gibson222

GS,

I have never run any AI as this is my first experience with high test, I did run a couple of short test cycles back in the day, (15 years ago)

and didn't have problem but wasn't told about AI's either.

GS9902

Well brother I think you should definitely purchase some. It's time bro. When running enough test to get your levels over 1k you will have some aromatization case in point you tested at 49. It's not real high but you also don't want it any higher. 

Gibson222

I have an apt with the doc today, I'm going to ask for an AI, if that fails I'll have to go UGL, have a concern he will dial back my

amount of Androgel and say I'll be OK.

Thanks for all the help Brothers

Dolf

GS I had to give it to you! Another silver member now. Thanks brother for sharing your knowledge, and all the contributions you've made to MG over the short time that you've been here. Its greatly appreciated my friend!

GS9902

Brother no need to thank me I have few true selfless joys in this life. One of them is my love for helping people achieve what they once thought was unachievable. A few people did the same for me some years ago and all they ever asked in return was that I pay it forward.