Elbow Health and Tricep Development

SemperFi

Short and informative... Start thinking about elbow health now because it will become an issue at some point.... Just ask us ol' dogs! ;)

[[{"fid":"36343","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"3 Tips to get Monster Triceps fast","height":165,"width":220,"class":"media-element file-default"}}]]

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Gotta love the Mountain Dog! I use the handles made of webbing for other exercises, and I will be using them for presses downs. I have noticed, while using a bar, or otherwise rigid handles, that there is a discomfort in the wrists, and maybe even the elbows. Good find SF :)

JARHEAD2

Nice video bro & yes my elbows have become an issue along with my shoulders ... my rotator cuffs are trashed

SemperFi

Don't mention the rotators. I am dealing with my right shoulder now. Muscle atrophy is obvious at this point but I am making a slow turn around. ;)

At the end of the day we have to pay to play. The bill comes due at some point. I hope some of the younger members listen up and take the advice to train smart. Heck.... I thought I was bulletproof so I sure as heck didn't listen many years ago.

SEMPER FI

JARHEAD2

I know you & your discipline & I have no doubts you will recover just fine! 

I hope they listen as well. My workout partner is always poking fun at me cause he wants to lift so heavy he busts a blood vessel ed & I’m nonchalantly changing weight. I do heavy at times, but I focus on time under tension & I don’t go light but I’d say medium with higher reps. He’s just one move away from a torn rotator cuff Or something. It’s not worth it to me anymore. I also stretch & since I work out around 4:30-5:00 am I believe it’s worth the extra time to stretch.

strong

I have no doubts that you will turn this around...  You can do anything my brother.... You helped me realize that.... Its just a blip in the radar... 

SemperFi

The benefit is that my right side is my dominant side and by body analysis has more lean muscle. Maybe this will give me a more balanced symmetry and satisfy my OCD nature. ;)

SEMPER FI

strong

I blew my radial head to pieces at 28 yo. I fell off a roof. It was rebuilt with a titanium radial head... Needless to say, I don't do skull crushers anymore ...  I figured out a way to keep going. There was a point where my left arm was an inch smaller.. Now, 1/4"....  We can do anything we want.. Put the old mind to it : )    This is when stubborn is good...

strong

+2 for a positive spin.... As you know It took me 1-1/2 years to fix myself back up... A lot of wanting to just quit working out but didn't give in. I've never been more proud...

SemperFi

Hey MG... Strong is Ironman! ;)))) 

Just for you Strong.....

[[{"fid":"36353","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"IRON MAN TRIBUTE: Black Sabbath","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

SEMPER FI

Gill-The-Gainer

I have noticed, while using a bar, or otherwise rigid handles, that there is a discomfort in the wrists, and maybe even the elbows. Good find SF :)