Exercises At Home

skyfall

Raising 3 young children, it’s not always easy to get to the gym. What are some high cardio, intense workouts that I can do at home (without the need for equipment)?

CrazyMonkey

High intensity cardio is going to be tough with the limited space of a house and no equipment. A treadmill may be your best option, otherwise you'll have to head outside to the park or something. Could go biking, roller blading, running, etc. As for actually INSIDE the house, you could go up and down the stairs over and over, jumping jacks and similar exercises in a circuit. youtube things like body weight circuits a at home wortkouts

skyfall

Nice, I didn't even think about youtube. I've been running outside with the kids but I live in South Dakota and let me tell you.. it's REALLY getting cold LOL!

Mitch321

I have a sick home gym, definitely makes it easier with a busy schedule.

My gym includes:
Dumbells
curl bars
hyper extension machine
roman chair
power rack
bench w/leg curl
Leg press/hack squat machine
olympic bar plus about 600-700lbs in olympic weights plus abother 200 or so in regular plates
cable cross over machine (varios cable attachments)
heavy bag
speed bag
Treadmill

It wasn`t cheap and it took a while but it rocks just going down stairs and having all of this, I also installed a black rubber floor.

CrazyMonkey

Nice! That a hell of an investment right there. I was just starting up mine and had to move 2 years ago and had to get rid of nearly everything.

Mitch321

Yeah it took me quite a while to collect all of this and I still want to get a decling sit up bench but I don`t know where I will put it lol. I`m pretty much out of room.

bronze

well i don't feel nice to work at home firstly at home there is no atmosphere of exercising.
when you look other body you get motivated and there is a good atmosphere there.

RRHood

jumping rope will get your heart going. No one realy said anything about the clasic pushups. You get your self to where you can bust out 100 you will be in good shape. My little one likes to sit on my back while i do them (not 100 with the extra wieght) burpies and a full sit up to stand up and repeat will kick your ass to.

milkin

As mentioned by the brothers above, push-ups, pull-ups, jumping rope will all get the job done. Most treadmills fold up making storage easier. When I am away on travel, I carry a jump rope, resistance bands, and utilize the good old push-up. I will jump rope for 15 min, then immediately drop and do push-ups to complete failure. You will find a way to get to that target heart rate if you want it bad enough, come back and fill us in on what works for you.