First cycle help in mid thirties

deluxe

All right. So here it goes. I'm mid thirties, 6'3", 215lbs, 15% BF (working on lowering it to 10-12) and now considering my first cycle. Looking for lean gains in mass, strength and stamina.

From all around it seems that first cycle should be Test only. Consensus seems to be Test E/C only for 12 weeks. Since the long esters take time to kick in people kick-start with an oral (but that seems to be the way to go of you've got at least one cycle under your belt). 

I was thinking the following alternatives:

Alternative 1

10 weeks of Test E, 500 mg/w
1-2 weeks Test P 250 mg/w (to kick start)
11-12 weeks Test P 250 mg/w to keep Test levels up, but get the long esters out of the system so I could start PCT earlier

Alternative 2

10 weeks of Sust 250, 500 mg/w
11-12 Test P (again taper the long esters out)

For both plans, I'd run 0.5 adex eod. PCT Clomid/nolva.

Any/all suggestions welcome! Thanks.

siegmund

dont look bad , but for a first cycle.it seems like.alot. Of of pinning ,are you going to be alright with this , ? and.prop can.packa punch ,espicially to a virgin.muscle ...also if you are going to kick with prop I feel you should run a minium of 3 -4 week .its going to take,4 weeks to start getting the benefits of your e ...alsowhat does your taper look like ??

Dolf

X2 with sieg kick longer with the prop, and with sust the taper will need to be a bit longer. 3 weeks is a good number for a sust taper with prop.

Dolf

I'd also suggest having the adex on hand, but not using it to gauge how estro sensitive you are. Unfortunately I'm very sensitive and have to run it with every cycle, but you might do fine without it. However even if your not sensitive never run a cycle without having it on hand.

deluxe

Thanks for the reply. I haven't really thought about taper as I've read conflicting posts about it. And that's why I'm here, trying to get some advice so I wouldn't screw up the first one ever. Some say taper don't mater especially if you are running a long ester alone. Adding prop in of course changes things and I was concerned about the "punch" as well. Never pinned anything before so it'll be interesting. I was also thinking of a third alternative for Test E, in that I would only run prop (or phenylporp) only in the beginning (4 weeks) and then let Test E naturally taper off in the end.

deluxe

I kind of like the idea of Sust with prop taper in the end better because then the muscle is already used to pinning for 10 weeks (not nearly as virgin as it would be in the beginning of the cycle). But I have no idea how it'll respond. What would you suggest for dosages? If I went with Sust, would 500 ew pinning twice a week 1-10 be ok? or should I ease in and out with the mg-s? What would be a good dosage for prop taper for weeks 11-13 (three times a week 100 mg each pin)?

I was gonna run adex from day one eod at 0.5 mg. I have no desire to find out if I am sensitive or not... although I've again read about "keeping it at hand" while you gauge if you need it or not. Should I get caber as well because I don't know how I'll respond?

siegmund

ill be honest , I like.test e or.c.. 500 mg.week for.12 weeks .. Then propper pct .. My reason for this ,if I had it.to do over agion ... I would want a journal from day 1 .. I would want.to go by the suggestions of all the vets(which I didn't.of course ,but.i also didn't have these sites). Tbisway you see how.your body reacts ,and when it does react you know its the test ...you use.this.as.a base to all future.cycles , you know.ittakes 4-6 weeks.for.bloods to bit the peak., but.it.dosent mean you wont reap the benefits earlier ... We are all different ... And keep propper logs ,add your Ai.as.needed.and.log. Then on next cycle add a compound ,and any new sides ,boom its the new.compound ECT. But. Your.cycles look good.

Dolf

Sust should be pinned 3 times a week. M/W/F. To me you should stay away from the sust. That shit packs a punch to a vet. Not sure a first timer can handle that much pinning and the pip. If it were me I'd say run test e or c at 500mg per week for 12 weeks. If you feel you must kick with prop run 100mg eod for 5 weeks. If its too much pinning or the pip is too much you can abort the prop and continue with the test e or c. Forget the taper and begin your pct 11 to 14 days after your last pin. Me personally with test e I liked starting pct after 11 days.

Like sieg said keep a good log book. It'll pay off in the future. Its good to keep training logs too.

Outlawthing

I agree with seig first cycle just test e  you will be surprised what it will do being first time for you  I wouldn't recommend prop or sust cause sometimes it has a nasty bite and it could turn your first cycle into your last if that was first thing I tried I would have never used aas again use an app like my fitness pal to chart macros and calorie intake  based upon your goals imo pct for you will be most important you don't wanna loose gains 

Predator

Test E or C as rest of the group suggested. Also, I would highly recommend baseline bloodwork so you are using exact science post PCT instead of guessing like a lot of other folks do. Just remember Blood never lies.

Dolf

Ahhh yes Predator...if I could go back in time my first cycle I would have gotten pre, during, and post cycle bloods.

deluxe

Because it is just Test, I was thinking 100 clomid first day and then 50 ed for 4 weeks. First week 40 mg nolva and then remaining three weeks 20 mg ed. I thought of getting HCG as well just to have it at hand should I not respond to the SERMs.

Dolf

Pct is very important and determines how much you keep or lose. Typically pct protocols call for nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 100/100/50/50. Run your adex up to the day you start pct.

Also keep in mind that clomid can have some side affects, so take it before bedtime.

deluxe

Thanks! I've read a bunch of literature on Clomid lately and it seems that some fertility docs are swithcing to Clomid as an alternative for TRT for hypogonadism. Long term effects seem to be safe based on studies up to 3 years with 25 mg eod. So with that in mind, I have extra clomid at hand as well to keep it on for another month at a low dose after I'm done with PCT. And yes, I agree, logging is important. I'll get some prop for the end of the cycle to see how it feels, but start out with E or C and wait for the 4+ weeks to kick in. I'm in no hurry :)

deluxe

I've actually wondered about this for a while. So how do you approach a doc about this? It seems even getting regular blood work done is a hassle and I had to wait for 2 weeks to get that done with my PCP. When I told, well I'd like to get my hormone panel as well, I was told to wait and see what the doc says after regular blood work, and I would need to be referred to an endocrinologist first. Do you guys use a special service or something? 

Dolf

I'm impressed brother. Its obvious you did quite a bit of research, and came in here with a decent plan. Kudos my friend!

Dolf

Check out this post by a great member about bloods.

https://musclegurus.to/forum/anabolic-steroids/steroid-cycles/91082-bloodwork-for-steroid-users