First post injury cycle...

JdDaniel01

I've discussed with a few of you guys that I am about 2 years post dual level spinal fusion surgery. Ramping up to get started on my first cycle since really finding my stroke in the gym again. My diet is excellent, very clean, easy to adjust if needed. Been destroying myself in the gym since I was around 16 (35 now). My number one focus by far is packing back on at least most if not all and then some of the 15+ pounds I lost,  not going to be going apeshit anymore but I refuse to just say screw it and not at least dedicate myself 100% to recouping my losses. The cycle I'm looking at at least at this point is super simple, obviously centered around a long estered test. Ive also started trying to talk myself into maybe adding in a little bit of deca to get the positive effects on my chronic joint pain post surgery, that would be a major plus. All that said, what do you guys think about my basic outline (with full pct obviously)? Any better substitutions for the deca? Would you even add in anything on top of the test in the first place? Totally open to input and have the means to give 100% to whichever route is chosen. Thanks Bros!

someguy_78

Just started my cycle with Test E, Deca, Dbol. First week, second pin was tonight. Too early to give you any feedback yet. You can see my cycle in thar section and there's a lot of comments. 

calmb4dastorm

A long ester Test is ALL you really need for a first cycle. And like you said,  PCT. Stacking compounds will come down the line after you get a few cycles under your belt. Deca is known to aromatize, so if you were to cycle it,you would need to have either a SERM OR AI on hand in case of gyro sides. There are other  considerations before adding 19-nors to a cycle. Go to the forums and read up on first cycles, great info there, and consider the test only for now. I run NPP and it is the short ester nandrolone, and I have OA and get no joint pain relief with it.

JdDaniel01

Thanks tons for input y'all. I have run several cycles, off and on throughout my twenties. Took a good bit of time away from gear while in the military. My main thing right now is catching myself back up on how things have changed over the last 5-7 years. I have undergone multiple cycles of test and deca,  and would probably consider that my old standby. I've always been kinda blessed in that I very rarely suffer many sides, from aromatization or other. About the only problem I usually run into with test is that little bit of water weight. I can live with that. I just figure that things have evolved since I've been out of the game, hell I hadn't even really heard of tren until the last year or so. Now that shit seems to be everywhere, lol. Thanks again!

APL

Yea brother lots of things have changed in that amount of time...even way more advanced compounds out there than tren! On the water weight, if you have your AI (aromasin is the best choice for an AI) on point the water retention should be minimal. Of course if you have any questions on anything just ask brother! 

APL

JD I didn't see the original question as I was just clicking thru but to answer it a long ester test would be a great starting point (say 500mg of test enanthate or cypionate), then aromasin to combat aromatization once the compound is given a chance to build up in the body, and yes you could throw in a lower dose of deca as you are more looking for the joint benefits of it 200mg a week should cover you there. That is a very mild dose of deca so shouldn't be lots of sides or anything but should be enough to help you some in the joints dept. I would run this one 12 weeks too. Basically this 500mg cycle with aromasin is the go to cycle for lots of guys and a great starting point. There are a few cycle logs here from guys who ran this (minus the small deca dose) to give you an idea of effects if needed (Scandal done a great week by week write up)

JdDaniel01

Thank you kindly bro! I think that is going to be about as much of a slam dunk as I could ask for at this point and time...

APL

No problem brother! If you ever need any advice on the cycle or on the back just give me a shout! I will tell you that the back will get better and as long as you train around it but strengthen the core and supporting muscles you will make more improvements in that area than you probably think is possible at this point brother...I know I did when I was in the position you are. Only exercise I don't do is squats as I didn't get a fusion (they wanted to and have off and on said I had to) but I even deadlift and everything else. I know you got this tho as you seem to be on track with the recovery and your mind is set on recovering which is a huge part of it!!!!

SenseiMiagi

Be cautious assuming you still have high afinity for side effects.  The older you get, the more risk you have experiencing sides.  I learned this recently after taking 10 yrs off and coming back to it.  Hope for best, but plan for worst.

Dolf

My suggestion is to leave deca or npp out of this one. Both compounds can mask joint pain which at this point in your recovery could be dangerous. If it hurts you want to know. Especially if you start adding the weight on the bar. If you're looking to add something an oral kickstart would be good.

F

Frankie-knuckels

calmb4dastorm said:
</p><p>A long ester Test is ALL you really need for a first cycle. And like you said,  PCT. Stacking compounds will come down the line after you get a few cycles under your belt. Deca is known to aromatize, so if you were to cycle it,you would need to have either a SERM OR AI on hand in case of gyro sides. There are other  considerations before adding 19-nors to a cycle. Go to the forums and read up on first cycles, great info there, and consider the test only for now. I run NPP and it is the short ester nandrolone, and I have OA and get no joint pain relief with it.</p><p>
Giving advice that is always on point and Sincere ..You gotta love her...!!</p><p> </p><p> </p>

F

Frankie-knuckels

Allow me me to say that here on this forum what you will find is that you have a at your disposal the most honest and sincere advice you could possibly get in ref to your goals . You have a wealth of knowledge , wisdom , and experience here on MG but best of all we are like family here and that goes out of there way to make you feel at home so don't look back my dude. I for one am a Newbie if there ever was one and I came on board at the end of Nov seeking advice and I will tell you that all I received the best advice out there in Ref to diet , training , and gear. Mr Outlaw aka Sniper Kitty set me up with my diet Mister A hooked me up with training . I was pointed in the right direction to a very smart and stand up guy that helped me with the rest. But let's never forget the love and support that I received from the rest of the MG family. Let me get to the point and that is my current and first cycle I am running 500 mg of Test-Cyp a week with a 2 day split Mon/Thurs . I am currently 6 weeks in and I am seeing some very nice changes in body composition and my work capacity has increased which in turn is translating into strength gains . I am putting in the work and eating right and it's all paying off with simply some Test-Cyp my friend. I have an AI on hand for just in case but have not found a need for it yet ( Aromasin ) that said I feel you'll find that for starters you should just give the Test a shot and see where that takes you for your first cycle. I see you have spoken with APL give him a shout out he could probably get you dialed in.. Once again welcome aboard my friend    

JdDaniel01

I agree! think it would be a good idea to stretch my run out a little so that I can taper up? I know 500mg isn't super high or anything. I can't get off the deca angle though, so I was wondering if maybe I should run straight test for a month or so before starting just to see how I still tolerate it. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling its gonna be like a cool drink of water on a hot day. 

strong

JD, I have already welcomed you in. I have an enormous amount of back problems. I have had a few accidents. Motorcycle, Fell off roof while working and a tree falling on me while cutting down. ( that one made the newspapers) I suffered in those accidents 2 Transverse fractures in my lower back and blown out disks. A shattered ankle from the motorcycle accident. A prosthetic elbow due to falling off the roof and on and an.

I have had many surgeries to put me back together. Well, at 40 I started to fall apart and went to doctors. I got 3 different opinions from 3 different drs. I decided to take it in my own hands. I have a brother that is a personal trainer, chiropractor and believes in western medicine philosophy. I went through many injuries just trying to get back in shape.

The only thing I can say to you is go slow. Set 3 month goals at a time and meet them. All the sudden a year passes (too fast) and you will look and feel better. I recommend staying away from deca now as well. I know you want that 15 lbs back fast. Just follow your body. You will most likely have small injuries. My advice is if your back or whatever is hurting, That doesn't mean take off from the gym. It means today go light or just walk on the treadmill. Go slow brother. I don't know you too well but am willing to help. I have a pic up that shows me at 287 and a crooked body from my back. There is an updated pic of me around 240 and looking better. This year I am focused on Ankle strengthening and core. Make sure you stretch. all stretching should be on the floor. Knee to chest and I'm sure you know if you had these back probs. You NEED to stretch.. I was a fuckin mess last year and got myself all the way down to 232 lbs. I am now 252 and leaner that 232. Get to know your body. this will take time. Doctors are scientists and that's it. Don't listen to everything they say. If you ever need anything PM me....

JdDaniel01

Thank you so much guys! I will freely admit that patience has always been sorely lacking in my makeup. I know that can be a very good thing, as well as a very dangerous thing when it comes to my body. One thing I can say though is that I like to measure twice and cut once, if you know what I mean, when it comes to details. In the last week, I have realized how out of the loop I have become since being out of the game for the last few years. It is such a luxury having guys that actually have experience with all the tiny print. I've never had anything close to that. I think you're right though, in that I need to take this first cycle nice and easy. If I go with just the slow test, should I keep it at 500? If it is going really well, would it be ok to maybe stretch it out a little longer time wise? I already have all my support.Plenty of aromasin, clomid and nolvadex. i don't wanna give you guys the impression that I'm throwing caution to the wind and going at this thing half cocked, I'm just going to squeeze you guys for all I can since I have ya. Much love bros, thanks again!

strong

Brother, IMO you should stick to 500 mgs a week for this particular cycle. Pin 250mgs on mon & thurs =500 mgs per week.  12 weeks. I have no problems with a max first cycle going 14/16 weeks. Say you stick to the 12 weeks. You want a boost mid way. at that point you are looking for clean bulk like Tbol oral 30 mgs x 2 a day. Max 75mgs. That will help the mid cycle plateau. Really man, Eat clean 3500+ calories and follow that protocol and you should have no prob. putting on 25 lbs and keeping 15 of it through PCT if you continue to keep diet and training in check...

JdDaniel01

Thank you so much Strong, I came back and read your reply again this morning and it sounded even more reasonable than it did last night. i have zero experience with the tbol, so I may not even mess with that. My eyes have always been bigger than my stomach, I guess that holds true in this area too sometimes. 

strong

Tbol is an oral that is on the mild side of orals. Will build lean muscle, harden you up and give a little added strength. Its a great oral to add mid cycle. IMO... I cant tell you how fucked up my body was. I am now back to being an animal in the gym at 45. I feel great. The thing is commitment. That's it.. Look forward to hearing about your progress...