first time looking for some advice

Dolf

Cottage cheese is excellent before bed. Packed full of slow digesting casein protein. I used to go with greek yogurt which is also full of casein, but lactose intolerance prevents that now.

JdDaniel01

Greek yogurt is my #1 treat. I usually stir some granola or grape nuts in it for extra carbs if I need to bump up the cals a little. I keep some in the freezer too and that's my "ice cream" when I'm jonesing. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't have dairy, I go through so much cheese it's not even funny. 

swolesam

Dude, sounds like you have a fast metabolism, and youre body lets you get away with high Fat right before bed time. My body on the contrary doesnt. Im an easy/quick gainer. Eating alot of Carbs / Fats right before bed triggers my body into Storage mode bigtime.

I have to stick to lean high protein , low fat, no carb right before bed in order to stay anabolic overnight, keep growing & NOT enter Storage mode.

Only exception is when im on HIGH amounts of gear, then i see my body is less opt to get into storage mode, but again even then if i push my luck, ill be gaining dirty mass.

comquick

you know, I really want to say how much I appreciate all the people on here. first and for most I expected a bunch of juice heads that just wanted take anabolics and get huge. Everyone so far seems to be nice and all about safety. I respect the fact that you guys care about one another doing things right and I am proud to have met all of you. I never thought it would be this hard to get started, but I'm glad it is. I have learned so much on here and ii still cant wait to see some results. how ever I am def going to slow down and take my time. I really want to get things right.

Dolf

I'm a hard gainer. Now that I'm a little older it's easier for me to put on fat, but I have to eat really dirty. To me personally weighing in at 155 at 6'2" I didn't care how I gained weight as long as I gained it. Now at 225lbs I'm a little more conscious of what goes in, but I eat super clean throughout the day, and imo I don't consider pb a dirty food especially when bulking. Now when cutting it's a different story.

JdDaniel01

It's been really Good having you aboard! You have been really active and that is going to go a long way towards you achieving the success that you want. There's plenty of open seats on the gain train! 

Dolf

That's how we role at MG brotha! Safety and doing it right is imperative plus it's a marathon and not a sprint. Glad you decided to hang your hat here!

swolesam

pb is def not dirty. its awesome as a matter of fact.

Its the body's glucose sensitivity and the Timing of the food that makes or breaks it for me (or my body metabolism type). I finish a tub of organic natural pb every week, but i make damn sure its anywhere between waking up and 4 pm or so OR around weight sessions (preferably pre workout to give me energy). After 4 pm, its time to slowdown/shutdown on carbs & fats. Pre-bed is straight up lean protein either food like tuna or lean chicken breast naked on a plate with some lettuce/salad OR a lean protein shake fast acting & caesin mix.

Dolf

You're exactly right brotha. Timing for many plays a huge role. You're one of those guys that can put an inch on his bicep by curling 12oz beers lol. Wish I had that problem sometimes. The grass is always greener though.

swolesam

nooo brother , i wish i had your problem so:

1) i can eat anything i want whenever. man i MISS PIZZA!!!!!!

2) stop wasting my time doing cardio, and instead double up on the weight sessions! Granted cardio does have its benefits to sweat toxins, and keep the cardiovascular system (heart muscule,...etc) healthy, but still its too much time on the stair master for me!!

swolesam

Another BIG advantage of Ecto & Mesomorphs is they reap so much more benefits from using Insulin. Yes, Insulin is to be used ONLY by the most savvy bodybuilders cause the shit is lethal, but for me it will only bloat the fuk out of me making me look like a buffalo, and not in a good way ! lol   Ecto & Endo can use Insulin (wisely) and not get bloated since most of the nutrient uptake will be utilized by muscle tissues, not fat cells.  Scientifically speaking its an advantage.

Note: I do not condone Insulin usage obviously, the shit is LETHAL if misused. Even if you think you know what you're doing, a simple mistake in the dosage (draw wrong amount in insulin syringe) or timing can be deadly. NOTHING TO TOY AROUND WITH.

strong

Nice job recognizing and being thankful brother.. We are all Juice heads : )  However, The members are grown ups and respectful. The way you just commented shows your respect...  Sending you friend request, any questions just ask..