Gear for longtime lifter 55+

Gainz.

Appreciate it. Figured it wasn't as easy as popin a half dozen dbol with my morning coffee. Be nice if it was. Looking for a test kit I can order online. Don't really have the coin for a clinic.

Yeah the blood work... it sucks but its important.
Lots of people just hop on test... then a few months later end up fucking something up. With no base line... it's hard to find out what went wrong.

The biggest thing is cancer... if you have cancer and don't know... test can drastically increase the growth.

But once you get that blood work done... you can get going.

I'd start with 10-12 weeks of "trt"
125-150mg per week
75mg on Monday and 75mg on Thursday.
This will be your introduction to test. You'll know if you're prone to sides, and at such a low dose they will be extremely easy to manage. (Need to have Arimidex on hand for this reason)
Then after your 10-12 weeks you can do a blast.
10 weeks of 300mg per week
150mg on Monday and 150mg on Thursday.
This may cause more sides, or new sides. But it's all a learning experience.
After those 10 weeks drop back down to the 150mg per week... your trt or cruise dose. Hence blasting and cruising. Cruising at 150mg and blasting at a much higher dose.
Run that cruise dosage for 12 weeks, then you can do another blast.
You can up the dosage to 500mg if you want (higher doses means more sides)
Or you can add a compound.
Like, mast (my favorite), deca, primo... or you can add some orals.

Yeah the blood work... it sucks but its important.
Lots of people just hop on test... then a few months later end up fucking something up. With no base line... it's hard to find out what went wrong.

The biggest thing is cancer... if you have cancer and don't know... test can drastically increase the growth.

But once you get that blood work done... you can get going.

I'd start with 10-12 weeks of "trt"
125-150mg per week
75mg on Monday and 75mg on Thursday.
This will be your introduction to test. You'll know if you're prone to sides, and at such a low dose they will be extremely easy to manage. (Need to have Arimidex on hand for this reason)
Then after your 10-12 weeks you can do a blast.
10 weeks of 300mg per week
150mg on Monday and 150mg on Thursday.
This may cause more sides, or new sides. But it's all a learning experience.
After those 10 weeks drop back down to the 150mg per week... your trt or cruise dose. Hence blasting and cruising. Cruising at 150mg and blasting at a much higher dose.
Run that cruise dosage for 12 weeks, then you can do another blast.
You can up the dosage to 500mg if you want (higher doses means more sides)
Or you can add a compound.
Like, mast (my favorite), deca, primo... or you can add some orals.
Thanks for the detailed information. Will write that down. Glad you brought up the subject of cancer. I have a type of leukemia which is slow in progression and am taking methotrexate for. Have had it for 10-11years. Guessing I'd better look into what boosting test levels might do to aggravate the decease before I do anything.

unclem

Thanks for the detailed information. Will write that down. Glad you brought up the subject of cancer. I have a type of leukemia which is slow in progression and am taking methotrexate for. Have had it for 10-11years. Guessing I'd better look into what boosting test levels might do to aggravate the decease before I do anything.
i think your not going to be able as if you have leukemia, to use gear brother as i think from nursing school i read it quickens the disease. maybe someone that knows more then me can chime in brothers.

Gainz.

@Parameddog
Any input here?

suppsforlife

then again... bloodwork. If it reveals you have low T levels, a doctor would likely tell you if it's safe to add a low T dosage or not with your condition. what I would surely recommend is to stay away from growth hormone.

Yes. Have asked her about prescribing me some anabolics so she knows I'm looking into it. Will let her know at next visit I'm taking steps towards boosting my test levels. Always best to be upfront with our healthcare providers. Worse she can say is I need to find another Dr.

Parameddog

Anabolic steroids have the ability to cause hepatocellular changes.

AAS are known to increase the risk of testicular cancer (winstril from memory), and so it is not too far fetched to state that AAS can interfere with treatment regimes for various forms of cancer.

I'm by far no expert in this field, and my suggestion would be to write down what you plan to take and have a frank and honest chat with your oncologist.

Have a read of the link as an example if some studies which are out there.

AAS are known to increase the risk of testicular cancer (winstril from memory), and so it is not too far fetched to state that AAS can interfere with treatment regimes for various forms of cancer.

I'm by far no expert in this field, and my suggestion would be to write down what you plan to take and have a frank and honest chat with your oncologist.

Thanks for that. Wondering if the individuals mentioned in the article kept up with preventative blood work? Also, would like to know the particulars regarding the patients preferred anabolics. As I understand it, orals are much more problematic for the liver than injectables. But you're right. To leave my oncologist in the dark about my self treatment would be crazy. Thanks for your input.

Blood work and stay on testosterone the rest of your life 👍. Check your psa because of age. 30 lbs of muscle is not modest gains brother. You will look like a different person. I’m 52 and getting better every fucking day. Just remember your age when choosing your weight to lift. Testosterone is going to make u feel like you’re 20 again but I wouldn’t go for crazy pr’s. You will be on gear so you can use the pump to your advantage. You will also recover so much quicker than ever before. Your body will not hold 30 extra pounds of muscle at your age and that’s the truth. If you cycle you can just say goodbye to any gains you made while on cycle. You will just be wasting your time and money. So think this through and remember trt or blast and cruise is for the rest of your life. It will change your life for the better and might even extend your life. I’m watching everyone around me looking old and suffering from age related decline while I’m getting better and better.

Remember steroids were made to help your health from stuff like wasting disease and many other things that you can read about. They are good for you if not abused and used correctly. Ibuprofen is bad for you if abused and that goes for any medication. Steroids are so health promoting but you have to live the healthy lifestyle with them.
Took a while but finally got around to getting blood work done. PSA total is 1.08
Testosterone, total is ms 917
Testosterone, free is 80.6
Haven't started any type of gear or ever been on gear. These are the beginning numbers. Everything seems to be within normal range with total testosterone almost looking like it's on the high side. Any suggestions?

Appreciate it. Figured it wasn't as easy as popin a half dozen dbol with my morning coffee. Be nice if it was. Looking for a test kit I can order online. Don't really have the coin for a clinic.
Finally got some blood work done. PSA total is 1.08
Testosterone, total MS 917
Testosterone, free 80.6
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Appreciate you brother. Here's what initial blood results are before starting anything.
PSA total is 1.08
Testosterone, free 80.6
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Just turned 60. Been lifting since highschool. 5'7" 150lb . Have always struggled to gain weight. Feel best around 170lb. Looking to add about 20-25 lbs. Only catch is I have a mild form of leukemia which is manageable and won't kill me according to the oncologist.

Lee.the.Demi.Human

Just turned 60. Been lifting since highschool. 5'7" 150lb . Have always struggled to gain weight. Feel best around 170lb. Looking to add about 20-25 lbs. Only catch is I have a mild form of leukemia which is manageable and won't kill me according to the oncologist.
Probably won't be mild once your full of steroids my G

Gainz.

Finally got some blood work done. PSA total is 1.08
Testosterone, free 80.6
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Your 60 and your test levels are 917ng/dl?
If that's the case I wouldn't touch gear.
You're test levels are at the very high end naturally.
A decent cycle is gonna bring you up to 1,500
And then you're going to crash after. Unless you trt... But most people cruise around 900-1100 anyway.

You don't need gear... You need food.
Take it from someone who always had a hard time gaining weight... YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH!!
gear won't put on weight without food.
If you aren't eating over 3,000 calories per day and at least 5 meals... Gear is pointless for you.
I'm not trying to sound like a dick.
But too many people think gear is a cure all... When most of the time people's diets are what's holding them back.

Now... If your test was 300... Then yes I would definitely be recommending gear. But in your case... Food... Good quality chicken and rice.
3,500cals 300g of protein per day. Eat 5 or 6 500+ cal meals every day

Your 60 and your test levels are 917ng/dl?
If that's the case I wouldn't touch gear.
You're test levels are at the very high end naturally.
A decent cycle is gonna bring you up to 1,500
And then you're going to crash after. Unless you trt... But most people cruise around 900-1100 anyway.

You don't need gear... You need food.
Take it from someone who always had a hard time gaining weight... YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH!!
gear won't put on weight without food.
If you aren't eating over 3,000 calories per day and at least 5 meals... Gear is pointless for you.
I'm not trying to sound like a dick.
But too many people think gear is a cure all... When most of the time people's diets are what's holding them back.

Now... If your test was 300... Then yes I would definitely be recommending gear. But in your case... Food... Good quality chicken and rice.
3,500cals 300g of protein per day. Eat 5 or 6 500+ cal meals every day
Appreciate the honesty and straight talk. I know you're probably right but a lot of times I don't have much of a appetite and/or am too busy to eat. Guess I was looking for an easier way. With the thousands of different medications out there it seems there would be something to help synthesize the food I am already consuming. Thanks for the feedback.

Gainz.

Nope... No easy way... No magic pill brother.
And if you're not working out daily... I highly recommend it. Lifting is a great way to stimulate your hunger drive.
Also Mass gainer shakes, a quick easy way to add 1,000 cals to your daily diet. 1 a day over 2 months will definitely put some size on you.
Also... The slower you put it on, the longer it stays on. Lots of guys eat like crazy for a few months, put on 15lbs... Then go back to the normal routine. Then before they know it, that 15lbs is long gone.
It's about making small lifestyle changes... And maintaining those changes.

My recommendation is get a calorie counting app. Track your daily diet for a week. Figure out what your average daily calorie intake and protein intake is. Once you have that information, add 500-800 calories and 100g of protein to that number. You will absolutely start to put on weight

lineman1007

Appreciate the honesty and straight talk. I know you're probably right but a lot of times I don't have much of a appetite and/or am too busy to eat. Guess I was looking for an easier way. With the thousands of different medications out there it seems there would be something to help synthesize the food I am already consuming. Thanks for the feedback.
Hey man. I'm 64 and your natural test is el perfecto. Like Gainz stated, diet, diet, diet. Love chicken and rice and I would try to make time to eat 3 to 5 meals a day to add on some lbs. For me it is in my daily routine. I am retired, so easy for me to eat like that. I also just maintain a nice trt for my test levels. I'm 5'10" 210 lbs