Getting creative with your protein

Anabol-Steroids

Ok so I know that a lot of people can get pretty bored with cooking their chicken breast 18 different ways just to have a little variety so I wanted to talk about some outside of the box, and maybe a little more exotic type thinking when it comes to heavy protein intake.  

Just a couple examples...I love octopus!  As sashimi, in different types of salads, whatever it may be, and nutritionally octopus kicks chicken's ass, so there's that little chestnut.  Another awesome food that are packed with protein are clams...steamed, sauteed, BBQ'ed, with pasta...there are tons of different ways to eat em but sauteed with olive oil, garlic, lemon, basil and white wine...the shit! 

So let's hear some creative protein foods and tasty ways to get em down.

Dolf

I love most any type seafood. Living on the coast makes it a lot cheaper to attain. I've also noticed that the grocery stores are starting to carry bison in the form of ground meat and steaks. Bison is very lean and full of protein. I've been grilling some on the pit weekly here lately. Medium rare helps prevent it from drying out. Bison is very delicious. 

SemperFi

Look at the "freeze by date" on the back of the Bison burger at your local grocer. If you go back the day before or the day of the "freeze by date" you can usually find it on sale. My grocer discounts it by 30%.

SEMPER FI

ramdisck

I have them shuck a half dozen or so at the grocery store. I'll eat them on the way home right in my truck. 8g of protein a piece. 

JdDaniel01

I was stationed on Oahu for 6+ years. You could buy world class poke and lomi lomi salmon etc at the base commisary. FRESH.They had a spicy ahi poke that I still see in my dreams. I must have eaten a couple hundred pounds of that sh*t in my time there. I think that will always be one of my favorite ways to treat myself. You guys made my mouth water just mentioning it...

Anabol-Steroids

Oh hell to the f'ing yes!  Oysters with lemon, tobasco and cocktail sauce...I could kill a couple dozen of those.  But I didn't know they were 8 grams of protein per oyster!  Not that needed any more reason to eat those suckers! lol

Anabol-Steroids

Got any creative dishes?  Gimme some recipes KY!  After seeing those healthy snacks you posted the other day I can only imagine what you can do with some fresh seafood!

Anabol-Steroids

Sh*t, good call!  I totally forgot about things like Bison, moose, buffalo...if done properly a lot of these kind of "gamey" meats can be pretty damned amazing.  Have you ever hador heard of Biltong?  It's from South Africa and it's like beef jerkey on steroids!  Hands down the best snacking food in the world!  If you haven't had it, do yourself a favor and order some to be delivered online.  You'll thank me for it later!  Epic stuff!

SharonKY

I can do that....I thought that maybe I was posting too much food. (I will always be a fat girl mentally) LOL 

I am shopping for meal prep today and I usually make stuff up on the fly with deals that I find at the store.  I will post some photos if you want with the recipe (this time I will write it down!). 

Anabol-Steroids

That was actually my intention with this post.  Just some simple (or even not simple as long as it's delicious!) ways to spice up how we can get that protein we need!  ;-)

Dolf

I love snatching that good meat up that's about to hit the freeze by date. I gotta be frugal with the amounts I eat and my oldest being 14 eating like a human garbage disposal lol

SharonKY

I personally think everyone here are absolute smarty tarty-s!! There are doctors that couldnt figure out some of the stuff that you guys do with the AAS, dosing, reactions from the body, etc.  And I should know...I have worked with them for 25 years....

The recipe is for avocado butter :)