Heartburn

Standingup

Ok guys up front Im going to tell you I have my answer to this problem , and no Im not one of the guys that after one night has decided its fixed, I went back and forth to repeat my experiment before thinking I found the answer. Still Heartburn is an issue I frequently hear guys complaining about, but more to the point the answer to this dilemma is also a point I want to make here................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(because admin took away my right to make paragraphs I have to make space this way )......................................................................................... It started about 6 months ago , I was getting heartburn at night after I was in bed for a while and Id wake up from it. It became worse and worse. At first Zantac helped, but then it stopped helping, I went to prilosec and it helped but then not as much. My heartburn worsened and worsened. I tried changing my diet, me eating times and everything relating to food. Some things seemed to help, one time but then not the next, so just when I thought I might have the answer I was wrong. It got to where I started having heartburn even during the day at times. And then about 2 months ago I started puking in my sleep and waking up choking on it. Things were getting worse and worse . Eventually one night I woke up and literally could not breath because I had filled my windpipe with acid and liquid from my stomach.............................................................................. .......................................................................................................................... Does anyone have any ideas or cures ?

D

Dont_trip

and first thing in the morning and sometimes throughout the day....its the oral I am taking(Var) its brutal

Standingup

Damn it you are just too good !! Well close enough . I did try the pillows but it didn't work because I flip and thrash in my sleep . I decided to spend 2 nights on the couch and had no heartburn, so then I used a 4 foot level and measured the bed, it was oh so slightly lower at the head end, so I cut a 2X4 to 82 inches and slid it under the back legs. Could not even feel a difference but no heart burn ! So I took the wood back out, heart burn returned, now its been a week with the wood under the bed legs and no heartburn for 1 whole week. ............................................................................................................................
The point or points I wanted to make are first that I was looking at drugs, and dosages as my answers but that was not really the cure, the second thing is how I thought I was on to the cure a few times but it wasn't until I reversed and then repeated my experiment that I knew. Lastly how something so minor I couldn't even feel it slowly created a problem in my body that grew worse and worse. Im quite sure if I went to the Dr he would have diagnosed me with GERD and put me on medication or even surgery to fix my broken flapper valve LOL.

D

Dont_trip

We done got R Selves a scientist =).....had the same thing with heart palps first time it was caused by lack or carbs second time was caused by var....I looked at it like an equation and would minus different variables until the problem ceased....Advice online can really be shitty.....so you need 2 put in work instead of being a google scholar and parroting the same sludge LOL thats why you are so refreshing standing you think out of the box and your ideas are from your own conclusions(trial&error)...not just what you read off so and so's board or what ever the herd is repeating at the time.....

Standingup

Thank you my friend . I really just want everyone to know we are all scientists conducting experiments here , so like Ive said to a few members do not jump to conclusions so fast and if you can repeat the experiment a few times. Through these methods we can fix a whole lot of our troubles.

D

dolfanshan

Godamn stand you are a thinking man for sure. I love how you methodically think things out. Its definitely a gift and a great trait to have!

Bigstick_00

See...some times a little ingenuity will go a long way! The problem with the society we live in now is go to the doc and get meds! Sometimes they help but don't actually fix the problem. In this case you experimented and modified your bed and it worked! I've never had a problem like this but if I did, I would've tried sleeping in my recliner if the pillows didn't work. It's comfy and you can't really thrash around in it. I love it when I'm having lower back pain!

milkin

Standingup said:
because admin took away my right to make paragraphs I have to make space this way ?

I was not intentional and will return. Good job creating your won paragraphing though.

Standingup

Eye wuz just tryin to get some oil on that squaky wheel !! LOL . What you never knew pragraphs were a God given right ? LOL