Holy shit… how much water weight?

dohcsvt

I took my third dose of 250 test-e today and this evening I jumped on the scale. I won’t know for sure until I weigh at my standard time tomorrow, but I think I may be retaining 12 pounds or more of water weight… WTF?!

Is this outside of normal? I have heard a few pounds… but more than 10 in a week?

Twizted

Your probably holding some water. Your also looking at your muscles being filled up with glycogen storage. I know I absolutely blew up on my first test cycle. Something like 40-50lbs and I kept it. But I was a walking skeleton when I started.

dohcsvt

Holy crap. I am not a walking skeleton. At 220, I could stand to lose about 10 pounds. I will have to see how this plays out over the next week or so. If I blow up 30 pionds and it ain’t muscle I am going to be PISSED!

Gokupwr62

Holy crap. I am not a walking skeleton. At 220, I could stand to lose about 10 pounds. I will have to see how this plays out over the next week or so. If I blow up 30 pionds and it ain’t muscle I am going to be PISSED!
Why would you be pissed? Diet and estrogen control will help combat water weight. Third shot is extremely fast to put on any muscle so I'm leaning towards water. Also glycogen will do this. I can gain 9 pounds over night in water and glycogen when carb cycling. 3 days low carb and then a high carb day blows me up. More glycogen and water inside the muscle makes it a better environment to help feed the broken down fibers.

suppsforlife

yep, @Gokupwr62 is right.
moreover, out of those 12 pounds, around 5 of them could be lean muscles.
but in the end, diet is one of the most important factor to combat water weight. reduce sodium intake, for example.

D

Deleted member 45086

Let's see 12 lbs water per week.
12 week cycle.
144 lbs of water.
That's only 18 gallons.

Gokupwr62

Let's see 12 lbs water per week.
12 week cycle.
144 lbs of water.
That's only 18 gallons.
🤣 I'd be 2 tons if this held up... All jokes aside diet diet diet. Some ppl blow up like balloons on cycle some not so much. If I control diet and estrogen I can fight water off on a high dose cycle of test deca and dbol. Just something you'll have to play around with because everyone is different.

dohcsvt

Did some research. Going to get on some vitamin E, magnesium, potassium and a natural diaretic. I drank 1.5 gallons of water today and lost a couple pounds. This is a steep learning curve for all the different stuff you can experience.

D

Deleted member 45086

I get
Your probably holding some water. Your also looking at your muscles being filled up with glycogen storage. I know I absolutely blew up on my first test cycle. Something like 40-50lbs and I kept it. But I was a walking skeleton when I started.
Yeah but twisted, he said this was just his 3rd shot.

Twizted

3rd shot? Oh wow that's alot of water and glycogen storage for sure then. I didn't really notice any physical changes that fast.

Gainz.

Are you holding the water low? Like in your ankles? Are you noticing white lines after you take off your socks?
But as stated above sodium and potassium levels can really affect this.
I know this shit because I spent 12 years with a diabetic. (FML)
But I literally just got done reading a article about how test e in older men (not sure your age) tends to lead to dependent edema (water retention towards the ground)

dohcsvt

Are you holding the water low? Like in your ankles? Are you noticing white lines after you take off your socks?
But as stated above sodium and potassium levels can really affect this.
I know this shit because I spent 12 years with a diabetic. (FML)
But I literally just got done reading a article about how test e in older men (not sure your age) tends to lead to dependent edema (water retention towards the ground)
No, it is not readily apparent where it all is, but it does not appear to be in my calves and feet. I am a few months shy of 48, so older, but not old… at least in my opinion😁

I have vegan drink large volumes of water, almost 2 gallons yesterday and we’ll into a gallon already today. Yesterday I was down a couple pounds, we’ll see what this evening scale says.

Gainz.

Vegan drink? Theres your problem right there! 🤣🤣
Well as long as its not in your feet it shouldn't cause health issues. That's the only part I was worried about. If it happens for too long it can cause blood flow issues then infections.

dohcsvt

Vegan drink? Theres your problem right there! 🤣🤣
Well as long as its not in your feet it shouldn't cause health issues. That's the only part I was worried about. If it happens for too long it can cause blood flow issues then infections.
Wow, that should have said “been drinking”🤦‍♂️

Also, I am concerned about the water retention as I have varicose veins, so my blood flow is already not the best. If I don’t workout my calves swell from the veins.

Gainz.

Wow, that should have said “been drinking”🤦‍♂️

Also, I am concerned about the water retention as I have varicose veins, so my blood flow is already not the best. If I don’t workout my calves swell from the veins.
Haha, I figured it was a typo. I can't see many vegans on here. (I have my views about that... they are similar to my view on crossfit and guys arching their back 90° on a bench)
But you should try compression socks. They can greatly increase blood flow and stop the swelling