How Long Between Cycles?

ducatidave

Hello fellow MG'ers... I have been scouring the forums looking for a post about this and I cannot find an answer. So please excuse me upfront if I missed an obvious post on this topic.

How long do I need to wait between cycles?

I'm 30 days into my first multi-compound cycle and I am seeing products in different threads I want to try, but I know the rule...one new compound per cycle.

Now that I have a reliable source with great products (from this site), I can't wait to try Proviron, dbol, Anadrol, and Tren.

Currently I am using 500 Test-E per week, Armidex .5 EOD, HGH 5/2, just finished Anavar 75mg ED

Dolf

Typical protocol is time off should equal time on. If your a pct guy time off starts after pct.

Say you ran a 12 week cycle. If after 8 weeks you decide to get bloodwork and all comes back within normal ranges then starting early is no issue. 

ducatidave

Thank you.

If your a pct guy time off starts after pct 

What factors determine whether or not to do PCT? I thought it was considered the holy grail of the cycle. I will not stop test all together, I will still do my TRT just a lot less test. If I'm doing TRT, can I forego the Nolva and Clomid?

Dolf

Yea bro...if you're trt pct isn't necessary. Just go straight from cycling to your doctor prescribed trt dose. If you're running short ester test you'll wanna start you prescribed trt dose sooner. 

I

icdeadlifters

Dolf said:
</p><p>Typical protocol is time off should equal time on. If your a pct guy time off starts after pct.</p><p>Say you ran a 12 week cycle. If after 8 weeks you decide to get bloodwork and all comes back within normal ranges then starting early is no issue. </p><p>
. </p><p> </p><p>X2.... If I'm running a 12 week.... I'm off for 12</p>

Gear2Go

For me..... I TRT.  

But this is not for everyone, year round test inj. 

Even though I stay TRT, I have blood draws 1 time a year with my TRT Doc, which is an urologist. Then I do my own blood draws post cycle when I blast heavy gear or orals. Often, I cycle  very long times. An example is when I run primo, I may do 18 -20 weeks and kick start with NPP and Tail with TBol or Vise Versa. So post cycle I will stay at TRT dose and wait 5-6 weeks and take bloods. A full male panel along with Prolactin and Estrogen, metabolic panel, and chemistry. Its the same panel my TRT doc does. this lets me know where I stand so I know when I want to start again.

M

Mister A

X2 G2G and +1.

It has a lot to do with your goals. Experienced competition bodybuilders don't follow time on equals time off. Their cycles are a bit different from the ones you may see in our cycle log section, as well. But they're far from conservative.

A lot of guys can only see results while on cycle. They are lacking in their training and nutrition. So they're eager to get back on. They shouldn't be cycling to begin with.

Time on equals time off is a good rule if you want to be safe and healthy throughout this AAS journey. It is definitely a must for any beginner. However, if you have some big ambitions in bodybuilding, whether it be competing or just for yourself, you may come to find that achieving such goals while following a conservative rule like time on equals time off is simply not possible. If that's the case then you better get used to getting frequent blood tests and stay in touch with your health as much as possible or you will be putting yourself at great risk through an irresponsible approach to AAS use.

Dolf

Very true MrA. I read an article from a pro bb and most those guys say 8 months total on gear, and 4 months total off. This guy cycled 8 week on 4 weeks off year around which comes to 8 months on 4 months off. 

The pro's are also using hgh and insulin which besides great genetics, discipline, and hard work really puts those guys over the top. 

I

icdeadlifters

Dolf said:
</p><p>Very true MrA. I read an article from a pro bb and most those guys say 8 months total on gear, and 4 months total off. This guy cycled 8 week on 4 weeks off year around which comes to 8 months on 4 months off. </p><p>The pro's are also using hgh and insulin which besides great genetics, discipline, and hard work really puts those guys over the top. </p><p>
.  </p><p> </p><p>X2.... Most of the pros are runnin insane cycles.</p>

Gear2Go

The truth is its not just the pros any longer. I'd probably blow your mind with some cycles I see from mid level to mid upper level competitors. 

I am talking five grand plus just in drugs for preps. 

I am considered a minimalist. And my personal cycles aren't always light.

TestraChemist

Like G2G said, there are so many Amateur level guys doing more, even more than Pros these days.  You cannot defeat good genetics, period.  The fact that people stay on year-round or close to CONTINUOUSLY it is ludicrous.  For myself, My cycles will usually last 12-16 weeks.  For the past few years, they've been up 16 weeks straight.  From there, I have a "Protocol" that allows me to rebound back to what I would say "Normal" for me.  From my last shot, up to my next cycle's beginning shot, I'm looking at 12-13 weeks.  Before cycling back on, I always check my bloods making sure I am good to go.  I will also draw my bloods 6 weeks into my cycle, and after 12 weeks to keep check that everything is working the way it should.  So, essentially, I am cycling 6-8 months out of the year depending on how my PCT falls within the year, if that makes sense.  But, I never go over any 16 week period when cycling full.  If I know that I am getting ready for a show.  I will also time my PCT with the cycle that I will be running all the way into a show.  That requires precision with strategy ... and a completely different amount of time cycling with different compounds and protocols.

So, with everything just mentioned, know what you are doing before jumping on your next cycle.  What are your goals?  Why are you using certain compounds?  Do you still want to have kids?  Do I want to be a pro bodybuilder?  Do I want to live to be 90?  Do I want to be a freak?  Do I even have the genetics to be a freak?  Am I a fuckin' Retard? ... and the list goes on ...  Remember, less is better.  Minimize what you need for the goals you are trying to reach.  It's only your body we're talking about ;)

Dolf

X2...PPP=PPP...Piss Poor Planning = Piss Poor Performance 

Don't just throw compounds in the mix for the fuck of it. Every cycle should have a clear and concise goal, and the compounds used should fit those goals.  

TonyMark

The idea is that you can go from a cycle to another, but generally is better to take a break and this way you avoid side effects.

To answer to your question: If you take PCT(which is recommended) you should take at least 6 weeks break after PCT ended. Is not good to start another cycle right after you ended the PCT because you will make your body confuse. If you really are curios about other steroids and want to start another cycle very soon, then is better to not take PCT.

And exactly how other colleagues said before me, every cycle should have a goal, a purpose. Taking Test E after Anavar don't sounds too good for me because with Anavar you took some quality mass and now you damage it with TEst E and water retention.

My point of view...