How much time do you spend working out?

Mitch321

I know people who practically live at the gym but I'm sure several of you know that working out longer than an hour can cause your body to start producing more lactic acid, cortisol, along with other things...

Personally speaking, once I get going - it's hard to stop. How much time do you spend working out?

bbmonster

I usually work out for about an hour and a half on most days. Although I am only working out 3-4 days a week, so it higher intensity with more recovery time for me. I think 45-1hr would be sufficient for most if they arent on cycle.

I think for fat burning purposes that doing cardio after a workout is the best way. Your metabolism is already through the roof from the actual workout, so you would be amplifying those effects. Doing it before is a great way to warm up and get everything heated and loose for the training. Especially with it being winter time. Your chances of hurting yourself will go up then so its a really good idea to do it. I do it every time on leg days because my legs are the hardest muscles to get loose.

CrazyMonkey

I do my cardio first as a warm up.
For fat loss it may be a better idea to do it after your workout as your metabolism will be utilizing fat stores at that point and it will be more beneficial that way.

...just read bbmonster post. I see hes got tye exact same idea as me haha

Eric22

Im usually there for 1.5hrs (in and out), when I plan to train longer then that, I always will drink/sip on a protein drink with high carbs though the entire workout w/extra 2 caps of BCAA's, I spread the caps out during the workout and when needed extra shot of energy drink. (I dont drink a "shake" its just too thick, I drink the "drink" the more watery protein drinks so I can mix 1/3 of gatorade with it). Still have my PWO protein as well, just instead of water I drink the protein/gatorade mix, yes....I am VERY bloated after too and I still have to fit in my serving of Cell-Tech/L-glut PWO in

hayabusa

i workout 4 nights a wk, workouts last about an hour ish....probably about up to 6hrs exercise each week inc. warm-ups....but i also have a busy schedule wiv work so 4 days is about all i can handle training with any moderate volume and decent intensity....

Achilles

10-15 min. cardio.. the rest depends on # of sets.. but always intense.. if youre in the gym longer than 75 mins, good chance youre doing something wrong.

N

noveskeelite

typical session for me and my training partner is around 2 hours.