How old is too old?

Thebigugly

Personal experience Im 54. Be 55 in a month and a half. Old school cycle user. 3 months on 3 months off. Been using PED for probably 20 years or so. I’ve only recently backed off adding orals to my cycles at Least ABOMB and DBOL due to HBP and pounding heart at night. Still stack Deca and Test Mostly, during spring I add Winstrol. Because i love the hardness it produces. Anyways. I’ve read a few that stopped cycling because they were older.  For me, I have annual physicals. Doc knows I use gear, have full blood work done and numbers look good, except for my AST/SOGT which was high, but that’s another issue. creatine is the culpri.. anyways, is there a time when you should just stop? I’m pretty much 2 cycles a year. fall/winter bulk and spring density. (No 10% BF for me. I love beer and good food too much. I run about 15% BF) what are your thoughts and when does it become a hazard to ones health? Or if you take care in what you’re doing you could cycle till the dirt nap?!? 

SemperFi

I chose to stop at 51. I am currently on TRT. My reasons for quitting are longevity, choosing a lifestyle change and reaccessing  long term goals. I realized that as I was aging many priorities needed to be shuffled around because I was no longer content with my old goals.

Making the decision to quit is on the individual but to answer the question about steroids being hazardous to your health... That is not age dependent. Steroid use is hazordous and posses health risks no matter what your age.

SEMPER FI

Thebigugly

thanks for your thoughts. I kind of knew the answer but wondered how many “old” crew were still pinning... I think my last year is 55. the off cycle part has me hurting to much. Deca is a hell of a drug!! 

SemperFi

What is your total T and free T post PCT?

If it is low TRT might be a very good option to consider at this stage of your life.

SEMPER FI

THE MOOSE

Albert Beckles competed into his 60's & was taking tons of gear! Placed 8th in his last show 1992 & was 62 years old! Does that help you out?

strong

I'm close to 48 YO and feel I have a 5 year plan as of now. I'm constantly checking in with myself a d tweaking things. I've only been using for a little over 3 years and only abused 1 cycle as far as mgs and amount of compounds used. I still currently PCT but that may change soon.

I think it may depend on the individual as well. Someone like me who has no kids, has not used for a long time and has lofty fitness goals. I'm all in as of now...

siegmund

Personal i dont believe age is a factor ,when cycling. ( for us older heads )  i believe  if your in good health and making good decisions and veing responsable. There is bo age limit.  ,   a person knows there personal limits. 

Myself for example , due to midigating circumstances. ,i wont be running a cycle for some time , IF EVER. ,  time will tell. , also blood work will tell. ,but. That dont mean my passion for the life style changes.   I love this board , i have more ppl here i consider family. ...  they are part of me ,of my life ,and i love them all. ...

SIG. 

SemperFi

Albert is legendary as well as exceptional. When we are comparing ourselves to some of the legends of the past, which is absurd since 99.9% of us are gym rats, we have to remember the era that they came from. The doses and combinations that are being used over the past decade far exceed what, how much and for how long was being used in preceding years. The average joe's of today are using much higher doses and combinations that would have not even be considered or even available in the past.

As the popularity and the increasing availability becomes more prevalent we will continue to push the limits of irresponsibility because of a desire to be something that we are not. Understanding that desire and our ability to be content with ourselves is the only way we can maintain a healthy lifestyle and potentially avoid being an abuser.

As an active part of the industry, in a small way, I believe I have a responsibility to promote the responsible use of PED's and be an example  of a healthy lifestyle. The negative stigma of steroid use already has enough fuel without me being part of the problem and it is my hope that people like ourselves can prove that PED's can be taken responsibly to promote positive lifestyle changes and performance. Part of that positive message is knowing when it is time to stop their use and be content with what they have provided.

Online communities, such as we have here, gives us a great opportunity that can go beyond this simple platform if we choose it to. We can remain self absorbed (not necessarily a bad thing) or we can take what we learn and share it with others in the hopes that it promotes a better understanding of steroids while embracing the responsible implementation of those tools.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.” -Sun Tzu

SEMPER FI

SenseiMiagi

This individual dependent.  Goals, health, risk acceptance, etc.....no right or wrong decision, only risk factors...more for some, less for others.  Good luck whichever direction you go.  You can still be big and muscular without anabolics.  Harder, but doable at any age.