Im having a pain in my side. Details and Questions included inside.

JymBody

Its like right below my ribs on my right side (not under them) below them. Idk if it is my liver, or if i over worked a side-abdominal-muscle, i cant tell the depth perception whether its an internal organ or a surface muscle.. i just know its under the 2 inches of surface fat. It hurts when i breath, it hurts when i slouch, or crunch, and it also hurts when i bend over to pick something up or hit a bump while driving.

It has been a persisting pain for 3 days and counting now, discontinuing any ab workouts, and im starting to get pissed at it.

I am 17 years old, 6 ft. 200 pounds, and im taking lipo 6, and NO2 for fat loss and muscle gain.

Im kind of afraid it could be a lung problem or a liver problem do to the recent (past 3 weeks) use of lipo 6 and NO2.

If anyone knows that it is possible that my supplements are putting toxins into my liver, and my liver just cant take it, i would definatly want to know.

I dont remember doing too many Intense abdominal workouts so im not sure if it is the muscle.

Anyone have any ideas? cus im starting worry.

fly12

Just a thought bro....have ya been sick lately, reason i am asking is because sometimes you can cough or sneeze and crack a rib, i have done it, and it sounds like the same kinda pain you have is what i have felt from a cracked rib, had a trauma to that area? maybe bumped it hard enough to crack something? just wondering.

JymBody

I have been told that could be the case, but while doing some research im leaning more towards the thought that i could very well have appendicitus. Im headed to the ER tonight, and the pains keep getting worst and worst, this is day 4 with the pain, and i was told by my step mother (that is a registered nurse) that it sounds like appendicitus and that if i dont get it treated and it reptures i have a good chance of dying.

Acute Appendicitis: The main symptom of acute appendicitis is abdominal pain or abdominal sensitivity. However, abdominal pain occurs with many conditions and only an estimated 5% of cases of abdominal pain are actually appendicitis. Although uncommon, appendicitis is very serious, and difficulty in diagnosing appendicitis in the emergency department makes appendicitis the 3rd leading cause of malpractice lawsuits. Misdiagnosis of appendicitis is particularly common in children and infants with abdominal pain with estimates of initial misdiagnosis rates from 28% to 57% for under age 2-12 and almost 100% misdiagnosis for appendicitis in infants.

Acute Appendicitis: Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix, a small portion of the large intestine that hangs down from the lower right side. Although the appendix does not seem to serve any purpose, it can still become diseased. If untreated, an inflamed appendix can burst, causing infection and even death. About 1 in 500 people has appendicitis each year.

Appendicitis may occur after a viral infection in the digestive tract or when the tube connecting the large intestine and appendix is blocked by trapped stool. The inflammation can cause infection, a blood clot, or rupture of the appendix. Because of the risk of rupture, appendicitis is considered an emergency. Anyone with symptoms needs to see a doctor immediately.

My main concern is that the doctors are going to blame it on me taking supplements and working out, and that they are going to tell me i need to "tone it down"

Shit if i care, if they wanna stick a blade in my side and take out one of my organs, im all game for that, but ive been so motivated by my fitness, and they better not tell me to tone it down.

Eric22

if your not on a cycle and just taking supps then I dont think its liver problems,are you drinking enough water? you can take milk thristle or liv52(better choice) or cranberry extract, it will help with detox, If the pain continues for another couple days then I would advise you to see a physician, not worth taking a chance, your health is #1

JymBody

Your right man, my health is number one. Im not gonna take any chances. Im going to the doctor tonight.

And your probably right, i havnt been drinking as much water as i should be.

This is when the pain throbs the most:
When i yawn,
When i gasp for air,
When i cough,
When i sneeze,
When i stretch,
When i bend over to pick something up,
And when i walk,

Matrix

you have appendicitis i had and they had to remove it but it is better that way what did the doc say?

JymBody

i am on a hospital computer right now, and ive been to 3 hospitals so far, no one could quit diagnose it, but i went to the best hospital in the state in this doctor says that he belevies my appendix has already ruptured and that im going to need to be on anti-biotics and pain medicine until it clears up where there from, they would need to remove my appendix.

Man its pissing me off, these damn doctors wont let me eat. and ive lost 3 pounds in the last 17 hours. My last weigh in was 197.3 Lbs. And the one before it was 200.2 Lbs.

Im afraid the starvation is eating away my muscle tissue. This whole situation has kinda blowed other than getting shot up with dillodin and morphine.

Eric22

Bro, dont worry about you weight right now, that you can always be gain it back. Right now you need to concentrate on healing, listen to the doctors they know whats best for you. Lots of people get there appendex taken out, you'll be fine bro. Stay positive and get lots of rest. If you get bord login here and we'll keep you company brutha
We here at MG wish you well and fast healing, we'll be here waiting for you when you get back Keep us posted bro.

fly12

Yeah Bro.... dont sweat the weight loss get right with yourself first and take care of the problem at hand(YOU) anyway good luck my prayers are with ya bro, keep us posted.

Matrix

I am with you i had my appendix taken out if your burst forget the wieght loss wieght lifting sheer concetration on healing is what you need
here is a article to keep you busy and update you and the appenditic valve: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158806.php

JymBody

Well good news brothas, i dont have appendicitis. The pain of it though is that it took 15 different doctors and 3 hospitals later to finally diagnose me. What is wrong is that i have an ommendum infarction within some fat tissue just outside of my large intestine. Somehow the fat tissue got caught and twisted on itself (maybe in a workout) and cut itself off from the circulation where it sat and rotted, and infected inside of me, causing a great deal of pain.

The good news is however that im feeling much better after the saline treatments and all of the pain medication they have given me. Ive done a great deal of healing, and hopefully within a couple of days ill be back to lifting.

Btw, they are letting me eat now (now knowing i wont need surgery), so hopefully i can feed my muscles a bit. The first thing im going to eat is a mushroom swiss burger from chilis. Anyone ever seen a burger from Chilis? They are like 2lbs, and mann their tastey.

fly12

WOW that sounds terrible but in short a blessing i guess instead of the appendix thing, im glad to hear you are OK bro, and as far as the burger goes... you enjoy it, you deserve it after all that (LOL)...