Improving Insulin Sensitivity

Dolf

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/5-ways-to-improve-insulin-sensitivity

We all know how important the role insulin plays in our chosen lifestyle. Here's an article on improving insulin sensitivity. For all you fruit and table sugar guys (blast lol) that think fructose will spike insulin this is a must read! Think I'm headed out to the grocery store to get myself some green tea, and cinnamon to go along with my glucose sugar!

Dolf

Blast I'm eventually gonna get your hard headed ass to start using glucose sugar or at least white rice for post wo insulin spiking rather than fructose type sugars like fruit, honey, and table sugar! :/\)"

blastthru23

Yeah, I know. I'm using table sugar for the protein mostly because its whats in the cupboard. Alright, you twisted my arm, Dolf, I'll go get some damn glucose tabs then LOL. Where do yo get those things?  I may even try to procure sucralose too.  Gulping down white rice in a shake might be a little strange, but hey, we do some strange shit around here anyways!

I read that article last night when I got up to piss (I read that instead of sneaking a cig, had only 2 yesterday), got me thinking about adding cinnamon to the protein shake.

blastthru23

Goddamn it! How did I forget this??? Thanks Dolf for the reminder by the way. So much info to keep straight in the old noggin. Glucose tabs it is. Oh, and for all of us, pure, organic, cool and groovy, fair trade, harvested and processed by angels and demons alike, cane sugar is still the same as table sugar.

From wikipedia:

Sucrose is a common, naturally occurring saccharide found in many plants and plant parts. Saccharose is an obsolete name for sugars in general, especially sucrose.[6] The molecule is a disaccharide combination of the monosaccharides glucose and fructose with the formula C12H22O11

Dolf

At the pharmacy. They're for hypoglycemic individuals. Dex4 is the brand my wife uses (she's hypoglycemic) it says fast acting glucose on the bottle. Me I just use Dr Jim Stoppani's advice and eat the gummy's, pixi sticks, or botyle caps post workout.

I'm not insinuating you put rice in a shake lol. Eat you some before your post wo shake. Grizz get rice flour and puts it in his shake. The issue I have with the protein you purchased is now you're having to find ways to sweeten it. Rather than table sugar I'd go get you the bakers size bag of stevia which is a natural fructose free sweetner or rice malt syrup which is also fructose free for all your shakes that are not post workout. BTW spiking insulin upon waking is good too.

blastthru23

I put this in another thread, but, it seems fitting to put it here as well. Bag of Dextrose/glucose from nuts.com

https://nuts.com/cookingbaking/sweeteners/natural-sugar-replacements/dextrose.html?gdffi=cba1373f46e24488a01a219eb4b7b202&gdfms=039AC261FBE9423E86C451AA99C4DA21&gclid=CLy6_rr91tECFUtNfgoddfwOfA