Injection Infection OR ?

TKC432

Ok.  Here I am again putting this out there to the incredibly helpful MG Family.  First off ... I realize that this is in no way a substitute for proper medical attention.  Only trying to gain some perspective on this.  If the problem persists / worsens I WILL seek medical attention.

That being said, here goes.

Last injection was Tuesday evening in the left quad.  As soon as I pushed the needle in I hit a mother of a nerve.  My entire quad muscle seized up tight as hell and I quickly removed the needle.  That wasn't fun.  So I moved up an inch and pinned just fine.  Except .... perhaps due to my flustered demeanor after hitting the nerve I made a rookie mistake in how I removed the needle once the oil was all injected.  I pulled out at a harsh angle instead of directly back the way it went in so I know I caused some trauma with that.  With all that I was surprised to not really have any serious PIP ... no more so than I have usually been getting in the quads.

Fast forward to today.  I trained legs today .... very heavy, very hard.  When I got home about an hour later I noticed significant PIP type pain in the left quad .... upon inspection I noticed a very very slight reddish discoloration in the area.  I can't tell but my lady says it is also slightly warmer to the touch in the area. 

My long winded question is ... could this be the beginning of infection or is it possible this is the result of the injection trauma exasperated by a brutal leg workout?  I am very anal about being sterile with my injection protocol.  Wipe the area down 3-4 times with alcohol pads after thoroughly washing my hands and then dousing them with alcohol.  Aside from a potential pathogen being in the vial after pinning from it 7 times prior I can think of no other possible reason for infection.   

There is no pain to the touch in the area and no swelling of any sort.  And it is a very faint red area that is difficult to actually identify as such. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  And again, if I wake up tomorrow and this is worse I will go to the clinic.  No health coverage at the moment so trying to avoid that if its not entirely necessary. 

Thanks

SemperFi

Dang Brother sorry for the experience but also glad you are seeing what can go wrong early in your cycle for future reference and knowledge.

No medical advice here but it sounds like you are experiencing delayed post injection trauma due to poor technique. If you feel the need, even slightly, to seek professional advice than I recommend you do that. Infection is nothing to mess with but do not be alarmed until you know for sure. Worrying about it will not help but being smart will.

Please keep us posted.

SEMPER FI

TKC432

SemperFi said:
</p><p>Dang Brother sorry for the experience but also glad you are seeing what can go wrong early in your cycle for future reference and knowledge.</p><p>No medical advice here but it sounds like you are experiencing delayed post injection trauma due to poor technique. If you feel the need, even slightly, to seek professional advice than I recommend you do that. Infection is nothing to mess with but do not be alarmed until you know for sure. Worrying about it will not help but being smart will.</p><p>Please keep us posted.</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p>
</p><p>Yeah .... I'm leaning towards the delayed onset PIP.  Between hitting the nerve and the muscle seizing up and my otherwise poor removal technique I am quite sure I caused significant trauma to the area.  Just the extreme tightening of the quad muscle while the needle was inside can likely cause trauma ... I just looked at it again and its not red at all right now.  Just gonna keep an eye on it and go from there.  I am pinning again tomorrow morning but its left delt this time ....   Thanks for your response.  I will keep you all posted.</p>

blastthru23

My quads don't take to certain oilsl to well. I often get long term pip when i hit the quad with swelling. I've also hit a nerve, that muscle twitched like crazy! 

One method to ensure careful technique is z-tracking. If you're not familiar with the method, you pull/stretch the skin tight, push the pin in keep the skin stretched, inject the oil, remove the needle, the release the skin. I find that i can only use this with the quad for obvious reasons. 

Another thing comes to mind... Dull pin. Before i knew better, would use the same needle to draw with, sometimes drawing from two different vials, then using it to inject. I'm not assuming you did or do this by the way. At any rate, the pip was really bad after doing this. Needles dull easily, so draw with one, pin with another. Just trying to cover all the bases :)

John69

I agree with everyone's advice here. Defintely do like Semper Fi said and keep a close eye on it and if the need arises seek medical attention. Now, that being said, it doesn't sound like an infection to me. Typically if an infection is brewing you're going to be experiencing quite a bit of pain in the area. I have had injections swell up, get warm to the touch, red, and itch like crazy. Sometimes the oil can cause somewhat of an allergic reaction, it does in me. I apply hydrocortisone cream and warm compresses when this happens . And usually within 4-5 days it's pretty well healed up. I had one of these pesky ones pop up yesterday and have a huge knot on my butt cheek right now lol. Keep an eye on it, but I think you will be just fine.

B

Burrr

Quads can be a little finicky. I've had gear that is otherwise pipless leave my quad sore fore days. 

I've got it going on right now from injecting too close to a nerve. I wouldnt worry until it feels really infected, hot and red. 

quad pip is pretty standard.

And it's leg day too. time to man up

Update: leg day sucked. I've got a nice little knot on my leg a couple inches up from where I pinned. 

I

icdeadlifters

SemperFi said:
Dang Brother sorry for the experience but also glad you are seeing what can go wrong early in your cycle for future reference and knowledge.No medical advice here but it sounds like you are experiencing delayed post injection trauma due to poor technique. If you feel the need, even slightly, to seek professional advice than I recommend you do that. Infection is nothing to mess with but do not be alarmed until you know for sure. Worrying about it will not help but being smart will.Please keep us posted.SEMPER FI
 X2 semp..... Had a couple over the years. Lmao... Bro you playing with fire. And the shit will burn you. ALWAYS...... ALWAYS.... FUK ALWAYS research. I see this all the time and all the vets here can contest, ppl come in here "donate" and ooooops. My ol lady "sticks" me cause I'm a sis... Kinda ironic (I've seen worse). Learn alllllllllllll there is to know about injections and rotation of sites. We're here for you bro don't get me wrong. Me and another bro was just discussing this.  </p><p> </p><p>X2 semp</p>

siegmund

You can never be to careful ,id suggest if you have insurance take a visit ..

Now i have experienced this first hand ,many times :((( iended up in the er , getting fucking lanced , that literaly put me through the roof (pain ) like 4x  

This is why i say , why wait.,could be nothing more than a pip , but as i said 

Not trying to scare you , also see a while back , i caught like 3 bullets ,buttocks and back of legs (mother fucking right i was running , no bullets left ) but that was my inner city  crazy days.  Smh 

But i didnt go to a er , as is expected , i did my own surgery on the buttocks and got a staff infection , (almost died ,was icu for a minute )   so i say this because im prone to these , sists now due to the infection 

How is the leg now ??? If it increases in redness , and espicially if it , develops a head (like a pimple ) go get on somestrong antibiodics , at your local er or family dr

I stock antibiodics now.... 

John69

Wow Sieg, it sounds like you've had some crazy days lol. Glad you made it through all that brother. I need to find a source where I can get antibiotics too. That is a great idea to keep them on hand.

turnupthegas

Been there many times before, Your body is most likely reaction to the injection of a foreign material in the muscle. Similar to why a bee sting remains sore. I would not worry about it unless it worsens, but typically it clears within a day or two in regards to the redness and warm to the touch feeling. Quad pip can be crippling for 5-7 days in my experience, but again is typically a virgin muscle situation and by the 2nd to 3rd jab is almost non existent. I had infections in both my delts from a ED pinning. Even though it was a low quantity of oil daily with  alternating shoulders, I ended up with a pocket of fluid that got infected. The doc driained about 7-8 ml of pinkish green bloody puss from my delt and gave me an antibiotic and a steroid shot (ironic) Initially i had PIP and this worsened over 5-7 days so i knew something was up, so in closing if soreness doesn't peek by day 2 and start to progressivelly get better, then be a tad more concerned, but if i went to a doc everytime i had bad PIP i'd be in the docs office a half dozen times per year if not more. Keep an eye on it and go from there. Last bit of advice, blast your shot after the gym, when i used to hit tren in the delt before a shoulder workout i would get pip 6 inches away from the injection site. I think by exercising to soon after a shot, he amount of blood flow in the muscle during exercise tends to make the oil move around to a broader area or get displaced in the muscle rather then contained in a nice m&m sized depot of oil in one spot. Again only my opinion and my experience, but feel there is some sense to this. Don't blast quads on leg day or delts on shoulder day etc. Make small adjustments and you'll see a big difference. Keep us updated. Turm

TKC432

Hey everyone.  Thanks so much for all the input.  Sorry to have been AWOL the past two days.  Busy busy weekend.  My lady and I are trying to get our house ready to put on the market so we can high tail it out of California.  Spent the entire weekend going up and down a ladder trimming a huge oak tree in the back yard.  (I am a certified Arborist).  Probably not the best thing to do with a sore quad ... climbing up and down and then pressing my quads against the ladder to hold myself steady while pruning with a gas powered pole saw. 

Anyway .... update.  Leg still hurts fairly bad.  Bad Pip sorta thing.  No redness at all and no swelling and not hot to the touch.  There is pain when I touch the area of the injection and it hurts pretty much all the time.  The initial injection was last Tuesday but as I said in the beginning of this post, all of this started an hour or so after a brutal leg day on Friday.  S

So.  Not sure how to handle this from this point.  Could this just be really bad Pip from hitting the nerve and crappy technique?  Would it last this long .... or maybe its lasting this long because I keep aggravating it ?  No real signs of infection ... just hurts like hell. 

siegmund

If theres no redness , or swelling , id say you have ,bad pip , and i say this because if it was infected and this long , you would 100% know it ....so take it as bad technic , and i believe you initionally said you hit a nerve ???? 

At this stage almost a week later and no more red , or hot to the touch or swelling , your good :)))

A infection would have you layed up right now ,i garantee you wouldnt be climbing latters and cutting trees :))

blastthru23

X2 seig with respect to technique. I used to get REALLY bad pip in the quads, i changed locations a few times and for some reason Z-tracking made a difference. As an aside, i first pinned the quad using spellwins example, well i hit a fucking nerve both times! Lesson learned: every body is different.  There's the cookie cutter approach then there's what works for you.

TKC432

Thanks guys.

Well .... here we are exactly one week since I pinned the left quad.  No change ... still hurts like hell but its not red, not hot and not swollen.  I guess hitting that nerve really caused some trauma deep in there.  Needless to say I am going to re-evaluate my pinning locations .... this evenings pin will be the right delt and so far the delts have been the best for me.   

My lady, being the prepper she is, has a full course of Augmentin on hand and she suggested I take it as a precaution considering the potential for problems.  Some of you may recall me mentioning that she was trained as an EMT in the military .... She also says that the window for infection in the medical field goes out to the two week mark .... so basically if its not infected by the 2 week mark it isn't gonna happen.  Naturally she says that about 90% of infections start much sooner but you always need to be aware of that 2 week mark.  So ... that being said I popped my first Augmentin yesterday.  2 a day for 5 days.  Strong stuff .... kinda makes me feel a little crappy for a couple hours after each dose but it beats the alternative. 

Thanks everyone .... for caring. 

swolesam

TKC - sorry for pitching in late, but better pitch in late than never :)  Def glad you're doing better, at least the swelling is subsided. 

I dont use quads for that reason, too many nerves running through. I rely heavily on delts & glutes. If needed, i hit pecs which are fairly decent, but not my ideal spots either. Now, PIP is there with delt injections especially since i shoot them right before i head out the door for upper body workouts. I feel the pain (and major tightness in the muscle around it) in the gym in the injected delt, but i enjoy it since i know "its working". swelling the night of & the next day happens alot, my last injection in delt made it swell up like a golf ball is sitting in there. Couldnt even sleep on that side for 2 nights, but i dont pay attention to that. As long as i dont see major redness in the injection site and a big thing for me is fever, if you get a fever, its an indicator your body is trying to fight something, probably an infection. I've been lucky, never had that, cause just like you im VERY ANAL about wiping down with alcohol multiple times before & after inject & wash hands real well before, and sterilize the surface im preparing this shit on.

Sounds to me like you're just reacting to the nerve you hit & the tilted needle pull out. Just be careful next time, pick other injection sites and rotate and rotate and rotate some more injection sites :)

TKC432

Today is the first day that the pain is somewhat less .... not a whole lot less but its nice to see some positive change.  Still no redness, swelling or fever etc...  Still taking Augmentin .... 5 day course so I will complete that this Friday.  Pinned my right delt last night ..... next pinning will be Saturday morning and thats when I have to make a tough decision.  I have been rotating between delts and quads and this Saturday would be back to quads .... but considering my issues of late I am very apprehensive about pinning my quads again .... Delts seem to be the best for me but only have 2 of them..... Not sure, but by Saturday morning I've gotta pick a location .... Left delt feels fine after last Saurday's pin ... perhaps I may hit the delt again?  Smaller muscle group so not sure how much oil can be packed in there.  I assume with Test E it takes a couple weeks for the gear to fully be absorbed ?  So only one week later pinning another cc of oil in the same general location will not be a good idea ?    Now, I know everyone is gonna say that I should be pinning glutes .... but the sciatic nerve thing really scares me ... especially after hitting the nerve in my quad last week.  And according to my lady, I ain't got no ass so pinning there isn't an option. 

B

Burrr

you are not gonna hit the sciatic nerve in your glute. 

It's petty much a 100% pip free spot for me, upper /outer quadrant of your ass cheek, I can even pin that myself holding with both hands.

swolesam

glutes are the EASIEST sites, you dont have to have a big ass for it either lol Iv been pinning glutes for at least 8 years now without any incidents. check this thread out for rotation spots & great links 

https://musclegurus.to/forum/anabolic-steroids/steroids/112267-more-injection-sites-to-make-rotation-easier

B

Burrr

glad to hear that the pain is easing up.

I think a week is about the longest I ever had PIP.

My kids girlfriend is complaining about wicked pip after getting a birth control shot in her delt.... had the girl really scared.