Injection site pain, swelling etc

HeelHook

hey all

been on TRT for years, injecting 200mg test cyp with no problems. Every once in a while I’d get a small lump that would go away in a day or two. I injected in my delts for years with a half inch needle and recently switched to subq injections EOD with insulin needles with much success  

Ive recently started my first real steroid cycle and the Test cyp is higher in concentration that what  im used to. 300 mg per mL. I’m injecting 1 mL 2x per week For 600mg per week. Due to the higher concentration I injected into my glute for the first time  followed proper protocol and used sanitary needle with alcohol pads etc  

I did my first lute injection on Monday and it wasnt too bad until I woke up Tuesday. Painful, a little swollen, felt like a big lump under my ass cheek. 

Today, dnesday, the pain is a little better but the swelling is still there and the red mark onmy ass cheek is pretty crazy. 

I just wanted to make sure everything I’ve told you seems ok? I feel fine, except for the literal pain in my ass. 

Will a full mL in my delt be a bad idea? I wanna switch up injection sites. 

I heard that the higher concentration steroids could be painful and I just wanted to make sure what I’m experiencing isnt over the top crazy or anything. 

TL;DR version:

injected high concentration cyp into glute Two days ago. Still very sore and somewhat swollen with a red mark on my ass cheek. Normal?

thanks all

siegmund

300 imo is not high mg gear for cyp or enath,,  and im 100 % nothing extra than ba and  bb is needed to hold it  ,i can be wrong but send your source a email or pm  and ask what solvents im couruous also  

HeelHook

I found an article via google search that said anything over 250 could be painful for cyp and figured that was the majority of the problem. Thank you for your reply I’m gonna look into it. 

blastthru23

Some sources use Ethyl Oleate, to which some folks are allergic. Some labs use it to hold higher concentration (300 isn’t “high” really), or because it’s thinner than typical carrier oils such as cottonseed. Check with the source, or in some cases it’s on the label. One of my favorites uses EO, but I’m not sensitive to it.

As an aside, benzyl alcohol (ba) is at 2%, and is a preservative, and benzyl benzoate (bb) is usually between 15-20% and is used as the solvent.

Richard Cheng

Possibly contaminated drugs.Oily injection infections are rare (most products are oily).Use reputable drug sources and avoid water based suspensions.

Do not inject in the same place for many times.

SemperFi

HeelHook said:
</p>
<p>Due to the higher concentration I injected into my glute for the <strong>first time</strong>  followed proper protocol and used sanitary needle with alcohol pads etc  </p>
<p>I did my first lute injection on Monday and it wasnt too bad until I woke up Tuesday. Painful, a little swollen, felt like a big lump under my ass cheek. </p>
<p>Today, dnesday, the pain is a little better but the swelling is still there and the red mark onmy ass cheek is pretty crazy. </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Two things come to my mind that has not been considered - Virgin muscle, if it is the first time you have ever pinned this site and a Steroid Flare.</p>
<p>Steroid flares are caused from the carrier oil being absorbed too quickly before the compound itself can be dispersed. This causes a larger concentration of compound to crystalize in a smaller area causing pain, swelling and redness.</p>
<p>Both of these condition can be mitigated by heat and massage immediately post injection. </p>
<p>SEMPER FI</p>
<p> </p>

BobbyO190

Number one, are  you still using half inch needle? If so that might not be enough for your butt!

I did that once and didn't get far enough into the muscle, the oil gets traped in the epidermis and/or fat and stays a LONG time and gets infected. I was scared to death I was going to have to cut the abces out but it healed eventually (red lump, looked scary, gave off very minor heat, got worse before it got better, hurt)  My experience is go to a one inch needle for the future. For now drink a LOT of water and trust it will go away.

Now to the other, my experience is that once I go to 300mg vs 200mg I go from zero PIP to bad - every damn time - PIP.  All I can guess is that is the EO oil's but I have been told I could also be the 'crystals' taking longer to dissolve into the tissue. Either way I would rather do two big ass shots or three normal shots every week and avoid the horrible PIP.   I know the guys that have been around longer than me and who have done a lot more than me say that 300mg isn't truly high (and you can buy a lot higher) but like you I experience terrible PIP from it so my advice, drop back down to 200mg.  

I look forward to what others have to say as I will learn a lot from this as well.

PS: If you decide to finish the bottle this will help. #1 warm it up; #2 massage the heck out of the area shortly after shot; #3 try to work that muscle group within an hour or so of injection. All of this will help to disperse the product into your flesh with a lot less pain.

HeelHook

I used a 1 inch needle for the glute

great info from everyone so far, thank you all. So happy I joined this forum

HeelHook

I used a 1 inch needle for the glute

great info from everyone so far, thank you all. So happy I joined this forum

strong

1.5" for glutes. Once the needle breaks Sub-Q it enters the muscle and should not be any more discomfort weather you use 1" or 1.5"... It is said that the oils should pinned deep in the muscle.. I would chalk this up to virgin muscle..  For the guys that mentioned EO in the brew... That shit kills me and leaves me with a Knotted up, red area that resembles an infection. However, it does dissipate after a few days.. You will get to understand your body as you move forward..

HeelHook

On Monday the real pain started about 5 hours post injection. 

Today, I injected 1mL into my delt with a 1/2 inch needle. Made sure to inject very slowly. Things seemed to go well. 

Im now 5 hours post injection and I’m not having any pain. Hopefully the PIP on Monday was virgin muscle as some of you have said. 

Ill keep you guys updated. Again, thanks for the info and replies!

X2 Strong.

Sounds like a virgin  muscle issue. Contrary to what we normally do, oil based AAS can be injected sub-q. In fact, there are studies stating absorption is more efficient sub-q rather that IM. The real problem is volume. Most would only find 1/2ml comfortable and  1ml can leave a real bump that you feel for a entire day. When I tried it I hated it. It burned a bit and just seem very odd to me. Years of IM just seems more natural.

I personally have never had issues with anything more or less than 1" at any of the the three major IM spots. The glutes will generally require longer pins for obvious reasons but I don't think depth is the issue this gentleman is dealing with.

Griz

Got them virgin glutes. Nothing crazy sounding here. Best thing I ever did was buy a Hitachi. I turn it on full blast and massage the site before and after injections. Glutes, quads, delts, biceps, triceps, pecs, lats, traps. Everywhere. I have run some pretty heavy cycles and with the amount of oil I use there's no way I could do it without a vibarating massage wand. I never have any pain anymore. Ever.

Also 1mL in your delt depends on the size of your delt. If oil seeps out afterwards then no good. I can put 2.5cc in each delt head without an issue. It all depends on your mass.

HeelHook

quick update. Been injecting in the delts with no problem and much less pain. They’re “seasoned” since i used to do the majority of my TRT injections there. There’s definitely something more painful about this compound but it’s very bearable in my delts. 

Yeaterday I decided to give the delts a break and did my first thigh injection.  Felt great literally no pain.... till the middle of my overnight shift. I can’t walk FML. Virgin muscle again I guess. 

BobbyO190

For what it's worth I don't agree with everyone else that its virgin muscle. Quit using the thighs.  With this compound stick to delts and glutes and if you have the courage the pectorals.   

I think your thigh muscle just isn't large enough to handle the harsher compound/oil.  Remember you have 4 of them of varying size, you get the picture.