Instagram selling false solutions to getting fit

Barbarella

Instagram: A place where athletes share photos of themselves with supplements claiming this is how they got/stay fit. In turn every person who doesn't understand what it takes to get fit buys this "one stop solution". Half the people you see pushing Shredz for example didn't get that way by taking off the shelf supplements. They've spent hours in the gym, made healthy choices with diet and guaranteed they have a number of cycles under their belts. 

It sells false hope to these people who need to be educated on what it really takes to become fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Let alone why don't these athletes share how they really got the way they did, education is what the rest of the population needs to become healthy and guaranteed these athletes wouldn't get as much support if it came out that they do in fact run cycles of gear. What really needs to happen is people need to become educated that they need to get off their ass and do something and be consistent to actually get and stay fit, not be sold a magic pill. Rant over :)

Dolf

You are exactly right. They touch on this in the documentary Bigger Stronger Faster. 

siegmund

Very true babella  but unfortantly it is the world we live in today. The majority of people and industries have 0 care for the consumer .and along with that comes lack of remorse and conscious..  

An example would be like extenze and any compound to increase organ size .. It is a complete 100 % scam. Besides medical procedures. Nothing and any Dr will tell you it don't work .(sorry I couldn't think of a more better example. To make my point),,,but this is where the consumer doesn't do any research and wastes the money .. The same holds true for the supplements you speak of ..  Its sad it truly is but it is also the way of our world today .. 

I think back to times when ,family's set up shop on a piece of land and cut there there wood ,and built there home and grew there vegetables and hunted the food ... There was care and compassion for another .. Well the majority cared and the wicked were few. . sadly that reversed ..

Your right people need get off there ass and do something about it ..

Barbarella

Haha the example is relevant. 

It's just sad that the majority of the population falls for these schemes. People quit after not seeing results in less than 6 wks. It totally needs to come down to education - obesity is a legit problem in the health care system. Which could largely be solved on the proper education of health and fitness, which should be started at a young age. It is currently mostly on parents to educate their children on this matter however what about those children who are born into families who don't care about health and fitness? How are they supposed to learn? I legit think lifestyle and health and fitness should be added into the curriculum throughout the school program. This is a far more useful skill than half the stuff I was taught. People are just so naive about fitness in general, going back to the hunter/gather days there was no need for it because we were putting our bodies to use and doing what we were made for. People need to re-learn what our bodies need. 

siegmund

yes , I hear.that , I see like this baby boo boo or something like that ,where obesity,is laughed at and turned into a circus.

like you stated ,the parents should be held responsible

#1 as far as I'm concerned ,that is endangering the welfare of a child .and the adult should be help accountable ..

it is.truly sad ..