Iron Addict Recovery

Feel compelled to post this today. As some know underwent surgery 2 weeks ago today. Had twins installed; but it was actually 3 surgeries in one. Surgeon wanted to do this surgery at 2 different intervals but I declined. Did not want to miss the gym now and in 6 months again. He thought I was nuts...but I explained that I have a serious addiction to "iron." 

The last 2 weeks has been hell to put it lightly. Physically this has been a piece of cake. Mentally not being in the gym has about taken me to my knees. As you all can relate...the gym is truly something we are addicted to. Its kind of like asking a heroin addict to quit cold turkey. The withdrawal is a bitch! I think there should be a group out there called Iron Addict Anonymous LOL. I would be in full attendance right now :)

I have been blessed enough to still train a client in the gym; although supposed to be on restricted rest for 2 more weeks. Have to say its been my savior. Nothing like walking in and smelling the smells and hearing the weights hitting the floor. Only way I can put into perspective is its like an airline pilot who loves the smell of jet fuel in the morning LOL. 

Woke up today feeling more normal than I have in 2 weeks. Strength is coming back and mental clarity is getting in check! Only 6 more weeks to go until I can lift again, but hell who is counting! ;)

About week 4 I imagine I am going to be like the Tasmanian Devil wearing a hole in my carpet LOL.BUT come 4/1 is my first cycle (lose my virginity) and back in the gym! Oh how I cannot wait to smell the smells and hear the sounds! 

Thanks MG family for those have been checking in on me and seeing how recovery is going. The beast in me will unleash soon! I know you all can relate to the "iron withdrawal." 

PEACE!!!!!

SemperFi

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning..... it smells like.... Victory! 

Welcome to the world of Magnificent Obsession.

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

The withdrawal will just fuel the fire, a good time for planning the future.  Glad to hear the healing is on track be patient.

siegmund

hmmmm. 

im concerned. honestly , you have had some time off ., your muscles and tendons and ligs. , are going to need a few weeks of catching up here bb. ... if it were me and im sayining me.  

april 1 is when you can , medically be released to train agion correct ?? well i would personal loke to give my body a little cach up time .... unless im miscalulating this , and you will get a few weeks in pre , compounds ???? but.if your release.date is april 1.to train agion. i would suggest starting cycle april.15th ...and.let your body do a little catch up..so it can get the full benefit of the compoinds with out injury.  

just my opion. , dont want to see you hurt agion. ..

blastthru23

Addicted, full blown iron junkie here! I love it when the music is too low to hear, and the sound of plates is all the sound there is, along with good honest grunts. It's pure bliss... can't wait to get there today. It's quad day today :)

Hey Sig. You bring a valid point and one I need to seriously consider! Maybe good to start the cycle after a couple weeks! Thank you for the advice!!!!

Hey Blast..for sure! The sounds and the smell are like no other! The only other place that even gets me half that "high" is the ocean! 

Gotta love them endorphin's!  It's sort of like the saying..I am not an alcoholic I just like to drink..same thing here I am not an iron addict I just love to lift LOL

Get them quads today! Rip it up!

Dolf

My favorite movie to this day is Full Metal Jacket 

Lee Ermey made that movie. Who could play a DI better than a real DI?

Being a pig gunner for a few years this was one of my favorite scenes

[[{"fid":"33499","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Full Metal Jacket- Get Some","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

Dolf

Sorry I side tracked your post. My mistake, but SF's fault for his smell of napalm comment. Sometimes I'm like an old tick hound. I try to focus on something, and all of a sudden I'm like oh look a squirl : )

siegmund

i know.i had time off and went back to quick.  and INJURY.  then im set back more , just something to consider , do what you can get up to 100%    

then kill it bbb. :))   we dont want more.down time.