Is cutting the same for women as men?

darkvorg

My fiancée has been working at for some time but is venturing into being shredded for her first time too for wedding prep! are the principals for her the same as me? Find your TDEE and have some lower carbs and keep macros in line? Or is there a completely different protocol for women??? It would also help me with my women clients that I train too when I set them up witb meal plans. I wanna see all of us succeed brothers and sisters alike and would love the input!

darkvorg

cool cool, just checking. Didn't wanna keep leading my sisters and fiancee down a crooked road if their difference in hormones played a significant factor and needed a dofferent approach

D

Dont_trip

but if you want a boost for them have them supplement with DHEA it will

give them a very good boost and is over the counter research it

my friend and uodate us with your findings and results

flagcia

In terms of macros I agree, but the hormonal profile (estrogens) of women makes the goals a bit different from men; I mean, aim for a bit high (4% more) BF% and also a higher body water than a man would consider as "shredded", even more in ovulation week.

Apart from that, the starting %BF would make me decide for two ways:

- More than 30%: go 100% keto. (in fact, women have much more subcutaneous fat than men, and movilizing and burning fat for main fuel source is easier for them, also because they dont have to worry about loosing excess of lean muscle) Apart, some girl-friends of mine that I recomended to do keto and managed to pass the third day without carbs, had no problem keeping the diet, and also slept like never: 9-10 hours. The only important thing is to help them during the keto adaptation days.

- Less than 30-25%: I would go for a low carb but not keto, just cutting carbs after midday. Consider starting use of natural diuretics.

(sorry for any grammar mistake, eSpanish user)