It can happen

siegmund

Michael David Watson appeared in Riverton’s Circuit Court on Friday afternoon following his arrest on Thursday, January 4, 2018. Watson’s bond was set at $15,000 cash after Judge Roberts concurred with prosecutor’s statements, alleging that he poses a danger to the community due to the sheer amount of steroids that he had in his possession.

Watson is formally being charged with two felony charges, one for possession of a felony amount of Schedule III Controlled Substance in Pill Form and another for possession of a felony amount of Schedule II Controlled Substance in Liquid Form, reports COUNTY 10. If found guilty of both charges, Watson faces up to ten years in prison and/or a fine of up to $20,000.

Customs Agents discovered steroids during shipping

According to charging documents filed with the Circuit Court in Riverton, the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) International Mail Facility at LAX Airport in Los Angeles, California intercepted a mail parcel declared as “beauty products” on December 23, 2017. A “more intrusive examination” was then performed and resulted in the discovery of bottles marked as Proviron, Dianabol, and 16 vials marked as Tren-Mix 200. All items are known to be Anabolic Steroids.

After a test of one of the pills detected the presence of Mesterolone, a generic term for the steroid Proviron, CBP proceeded to seize the contents of the package. Altogether, agents seized 400 tablets marked as 25 mg Proviron, 400 tablets marked as 20 mg Dianabol, and 16 10 ml vials marked as Tren-Mix 200 (Trenbolone, Schedule III Controlled Substance).

The package was addressed to David Watson, 1220 N. Smith Road, Riverton, Wyoming and was marked as sent from Zhirong, Korean Air Cargo Terminal, Rep. of Korea, China, 22381. CBP agents confirmed that Watson resided at the address and that he was currently on felony probation.

The Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Office in Casper requested that the contents be sent to their office in order to attempt a controlled delivery. HSI agents in Casper received the package on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.

Controlled Delivery in Riverton

On January 4th, 2018, DCI, HSI, and DEA Agents, along with the USPS Inspector conducted a controlled delivery of the package to David Watson at his residence in Riverton. Watson accepted the package and signed the postal form provided to him by the undercover Postal Inspector. Watson was then served a search warrant at the residence and was interviewed by DCI agents.

Watson informed DCI agents that he knew law enforcement was at his residence because he “ordered steroids.” Watson stated that he provided William Cody Klaproth, of Douglas, Wyoming, with approximately $700 and Klaproth “ordered the steroids.” Watson explained that Klaproth requested that the package would be sent to Watson’s residence and that on arrival the two would split the steroids, with Watson getting approximately half, and Klaproth getting approximately half.

According to Watson, Klaproth informed him that due to the package not arriving as scheduled, Klaproth contacted the supplier and another package with the same contents was shipped to Watson’s address to replace the original package, which was thought to be lost.

Source: ktvq.com/story/37215666/steroids-shipment-results-in-wyoming-charges.    

There are alot of mitigating factors here , that could have brought this about but still the moral of the story is ckear. 

bigjerseyd

It would seem that he was already on some ones radar... Depending on what he was on "felony probation" for I am thinking a red flag popped up somewhere when he was receiving goods from out side of the country. and that was enough for someone to do some snooping around..

bigjerseyd

I know here in jersey a probation/parole officer can show up at your house at any time and search your home without a warrant at random.  Im sure that helped the case against him. If his probation officer was contacted and they were given the OK, they could of opened the mail without any reasonable suspicion at all.  

siegmund

Your exactly right. , thats why anonymity in this game is a must.  .. this is why i posted this. Because theres a new generation out there that to many ppl know everyones business... 

The old rule of thumb still holds true ,do you and only you. Dont let anrone know your bussiness.   

Like this guy stright ratted , such and such used my addy and i let him.   

Moral'of story.  Keep to self , dont let anyone know your buss.  And be safe 

Sig

124grovest

Too many good people have served, sacrificed and died for our right to-remain-silent. For goodness sake there is nothing dishonorable with keeping your mouth shut. If you think for moment your suspect of anything, never, never, never talk without a lawyer. Deny nothing, admit nothing, offer nothing, without representation. And no, I am not a lawyer or a paid spokesman.

ngronoc1008

appreciate this post sieg… im totally an amateur with all this stuff, but anonymity seems like a super important thing to maintain. along with being generally cautious. Question - have you ever heard of an instance where cops will pose as steroid sources in the gym, only to arrest anyone who solicits them for the substance in question?

blastthru23

Solicitation is a misdemeanor. If anything, they will be posing as the solicitor seeking to make a purchase since sales of illegal drugs is a felony. However, I have not heard of any instances of undercover agents posing as a buyer or seller. But, I have heard of one instance where someone was ratted out, and the gym management called the police. They searched the guys locker and apparently found some gear. I don't know what happened after that. Even if you are talking to a gear head about gear, be careful, because someone who has a stick up their ass about gear may be listening in, and feel it is their duty to get involved and rat you out.

Zewi

Simple rule, never tell anyone even your Bro. Just do you. Also never ever send it to your house po box, etc. With your real name. Never ever. So in the unlikely hood somehow this happens yeah may be your address but my name is not Johnny Two Shoes..