KNOT ON MY QUAD STILL THERE

Kfizzle

I'm not overly concerned but this deserves mentioning. This injection site on my quad has a decent sized knot that refuses to go away. It has been around 4-5 weeks now.

I have had one of these knots before that lasted a few weeks on my opposite quad and it just went away on it's own. Note that there is absolutely zero pain even when pressing on it. There is no redness or fever to it at all. It's just annoying that I can see it and it's throwing off my muscle shape and symmetry. This is about a 1.5" diameter knot that's deep in my muscle.

Anyone else experience this before?

Me and my quads have a love hate kind of relationship when it comes to pinning. Some go sooooo smooth and some damn near drop me... but that is a whole other post I'll get to one day. 

Kfizzle

I thought that as well and hoping it does go away all on it's own. Have also read about pooling of oil know the muscle that needs to be broken up using foam roller or some sort of massage... 

N

noveskeelite

Could possibly be a sterile abcess. Those usually go away with time. Quads can be finnicky with how they absorb oil too. Ive had lumps in quads just didnt last as long as yours. Sounds like sterile abcess.

Dont confuse what im saying with an infected abscess. 

N

noveskeelite

Yeah as long as it doesn't hurt foam roller should help a lot. You might have just injected too fast or something. Or due to angle oil didn't get in muscle.

D

Dont_trip

Your muscle it's knotted up (tensed up)from the inflammation from the original injection  take a muscle relaxer and massage it lol should be good brother has it happen to me  you just need to loosen the muscle

N

noveskeelite

Yes but I don't think a knot would cause lump. Lump is likely cluster of oil. sterile abscess. either way tho as he already knows its nothing to worry about and should go away on its own. Or with some massaging.

siegmund

Ive had a few of them , k fizz , in my shoulder and quad tho , im not 100% sure of the actual cause ,," my guess for me at the time was , I pinned near , or into somekind of tenden or hit the muscle wrong , and like I said this was my guess only " but there also was no ipain or signs of abcess , and  .  It xid work I it self out , its funny because I never truly did get a deffente answer , but I know it went away , I also thought it might have been some kind of reaction to compounds , but its wierd whymonly in one inject site ,.. im gonna be following this post because I would love to know also.. and 5am like I said my answers were only , semi educated guesses

Kfizzle

Appreciate the replies fellas,  pretty much what I was expecting to hear from this. I'll update any changes or when it goes away.  Probably hit foam roller in a few days. Like I said I've had em before but this fucker is persistent lol. Never go more than 3cc in quads. Glutes can handle 5cc just fine though for me.  

Kfizzle

I continue to not pin my right quad and massage the area through the day.. no changes still. This knot may be here to stay.

D

dolfanshan

That's crazy kfizzle. Have you researched it on google to see what it might be?

Outlawthing

I get small knots sometimes figure it was just where something was just not quite right they never hurt and go away in a few days I have even had this happen with my prescription test for trt. I will say this you guys are bad ass hittin quads I have tried twice and that's a hell no for me.... Lmao

milkin

Sounds like it's it definitely oil that has not absorbed which we all know as a sterile abscess. Eventually it will turn hard it that's what it is.

prettyboy83

I rotate upper front quad and then rear quad on both legs and throw in delts to give quads a break. I've never gone glute and don't think I will solo ever.

milkin

One would think is should dolf but some say that the compound just "Pools" eventually hardening as it turns to scar tissue. Personally, i have a hard time believing why it would not eventually absorb....http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/injection+site+abscess