Liver Stress?

malthouse5656

Hello everyone, serious question here have any of you experienced liver stress Due to oral steroids? and if so what were some of the symtoms you had? right now I'm a little worried as on Friday I had slightly painful cramps in my stomach, like a stomach bug, nothing to painful, and my stool has been a green diarrhea for the past 4 days. After Friday though I had no stomach pain but could only eat 2 meals 1 in the morning and one around nighttime because i feel full afrer each meal for hours. I'm keeping up on fluid intake as well. since Friday I haven't taken the oral, i cut it short because of these sides. now I don't have yellowing of the skin or eye whites, or any of the serious sides. Does this just mean my liver is stressed, and will recover with time, or am I looking at the more serious sides coming around the corner? 

SemperFi

malthouse5656 said:
</p><p>Does this just mean my liver is stressed, and will recover with time, or am I looking at the more serious sides coming around the corner? </p><p>
</p><p>Little Brother,</p><p>Anyone who has ever taken oral steroids has experienced liver stress. That is the most common side effect from oral steroid use due to their hepatotoxic nature.</p><p>Absolutely no way of knowing the extent of your issue without having blood work done and any direct answer will be a guess. Don't be overly concerned until you know what is going on. The liver is very resilient. The liver can recover in time. It is a serious issue, if true, but you don't want to overreact. ;) I guess I am saying for the benefit of your overall health, "stay as calm as possible."</p><p>1. What was your daily dose, compound, and length of time using?</p><p>2. Are you now and/or have you been taking a liver aid?</p><p>3. Any heartburn issues prior to this? </p><p>4. Have you been taking OTC pain relievers on a regular basis?</p><p>5. How much water are you drinking per day?</p><p>6. What is the color of your urine when well hydrated (Exempt the bright yellow vitamin pee)?</p><p>7. Have you had any recent bloodwork? And if so what were your liver values (AST, ALT)?</p><p>8. Have you ever had any bloodwork? And if so what were your liver values?</p><p>Answers to these questions will help us help you. If your liver is overly stressed it is time to implement a detox protocol.</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p> </p><p> </p>

SenseiMiagi

Sounds more likely to be a gastro issue, but I am no one to diagnose.  As SF stated all orals stress the liver, but to what extent relies on each individuals response to chemicals.  Id recommend paying a visit to a doctor.  Dont take any chances, and stay on top of your health with bloodwork.

SemperFi

X2 Sensei 

Can't play no games with good health. It's like the wind. Once it escapes it is virtually impossible to catch. 

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

See a Doctor better safe than sorry.  At least for the piece of mind and know whats going on instead of guessing and wondering

malthouse5656

Okay so sides have seemed to get less intensive passing non watery stool, have eaten 3 meals so far, and plan to eat more, starting to think it was the stomach flu or norovirus as it's medically known as. But I will answer these questions you have offered to the best of my abilities. 

1) Anadrol at 50mg per day 25/25 split in morning and preworkout for 4 weeks but after feeling the effects of what  thought was my liver telling me it was hurting I quit cold turkey with the oral and continue to use test

2)I was taking liv52 the last two weeks didn't have any on hand the first 2. stopped taking that as well should I start again? 

3) only time i get heartburn is one of the rare times I decided to throw a dip in but other than than no heart burn 

4) I am not taking any other medication besides test E at the moment. No otc or anything like that 

5)I've been drinking 1 1/2 gallons to 2 gallons a day 

6) it is clear with maybe a slight yellow tint 

7/8) I have not had any blood work done ever, I'm not sure of how to do it secretively so if anyone has any insight on how to do that I would appreciate a PM for that purpose. 

Im not overly worried about this, because I can't see a short 4 weeks of a basic anadrol dose doing permanent damage, just wanted to compare to anyone else who had these symptoms for a better way to know if I can continue on the oral cycle or if when I get sides like this it's time to put the orals away and let my liver recover 

SemperFi

Little Brother,

I don't think you have anything to worry about concerning your liver. I would continue to take your liver care for 4-6 weeks. And I would even go as far as recommending a maintenance dose year round for obvious reasons - Cycle it 4 weeks on- 4 weeks off. Consider Tudca and/or NAC as well in the future. I run liver care on cycle even when I am not on an oral.

Burr has provided an excellent article concerning ordering blood work here - 

https://musclegurus.to/forum/anabolic-steroids/new-to-steroids-start-here/101634-the-basics-of-ordering-bloodwork

Make sure you give him a 'thumbs up' if you find the information helpful.

Now a little ass chewing because I know you have thick skin. If you are running steroids and you are not getting blood work then you are being irresponsible and playing a serious game of Russian Roulette. If you can't financially afford to do things the right way the first time how are you going to afford the medical bills that could potentially arise from harming yourself. Man up and do the right thing for yourself.

That goes for every member - If you are not getting regular blood work than you should not be doing what you are doing.

I know you know this and I also know you will do the right thing in the future.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Just following up on this Malt after a tiny bit of research.

I am calling bullshit on you little brother. You just completed a 12 week cycle of NPP/Test/Dbol or close to it and now you are running anadrol. WTF are you doing? Come clean or go pound sand.

Steroids are NOT a game. If what I perceive is true you are doing harm to yourself. In ways you do not even understand. If I am wrong than I will apologize.

You also need to update your cycle log. You have not in 3 months. You accepted free gear (a complete cycle) in exchange for a cycle log, photos and a non-star voting review. I am not certain but blood work posting may have been part of the agreement also.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Full blown disappointed.... You have been online every day.

Without a reasonable response Malt you are showing your youth and true character. Or you have the devil on your back.

SEMPER FI