Lost my career as a firefighter

getswole2127

hey all, so those of you that know me know that I was a firefighter. my mom has been sick and went in for surgery last week, I took some time off went to see her, came back and received a phone call from the fire department, they wanted a meeting. I asked them what it was about and they said they weren't sure to just come in. Usually situations like this calls for me wearing my class A uniform. I go into work dressed nice to find out that, " you're not up to par" i asked them what they meant about it and they said that I haven't been meetingmy requirements Which is funny because I have been training my dick off day in and day out, they tell me how well I'm doing. About a week ago I had a discussion with my supervisor over what the chief may think may or may not be appropriate, which what the argument wa about was so petty. I told him how I felt and that if the chief didn't like it, he would come to me and to stop making excuses for what the chief said and take take responsibility for himself. He didn't like that. So I get forced to resign over something stupid like that? This has had me heated, can't sleep. Woke up 4 hours into my sleep and had to hit the gym. I am looking for work and may possibly lose my house, and everything else. I've never had anything like this happen in my life. Not this serious. It's shitty that you stick up for yourself and you get forced to resign. What kind of bull shit is that? Thank you for everyone who read this. Sorry if it doesn't make any sense... needed to get that off my chest 

siegmund

that sucks swole , 

now is when that inner beast and drive needs to come out..   looks like construction in the future unless you got a degree. 

the way i see it is , you can sit there , disappointed , pissed off , depressed im sure ..or get busy with your next move. YOU HOUSE IS IN YOUR CONTROLL ,  now you got to get busy my friend. ,, not sure what part of the country your from but the weather is breaking here , and i iwn asphalt and masonry. and i will tell you this .. i pay between 10 and 12 to start depending if the person has a pickup ect. .. if a person comes out and excells. breaks his ass , is willing to learn and takes some initiative in my bussiness it is nothing for me to bump someone up to 15 over night. .. and ao on learn my paver , learn the roller , learn how to form and set up sidewalks. ect ..

i guess what im saying here is you can sit there and dwell or get busy immediatly and get work. its out there espicially construction this year 

getswole2127

Sieg!! Thanks a lot brother! I have something in the works, I just need right now lol I have applied to 12 places today, tomorrow is the follow up process. Thanks for your help and encouragement. Definitely helps, the beast is being unleash . I live on the east coast.. this is definitely making me stronger, not breaking me. I am grateful for all the northern and sisters I have on here. Thanks MG family for the support. 

time to kick ass and taken names. I will upda everyone weekly.

swolesam

swole - it happens bro. Most things happen for a good reason. So maybe this door needed to close for another bigger & better door to open up for you. Embrace the change and roll with the punches brother. 

Adapt, Adjust and Overcome!

Best of luck & best of wishes to you. I'm here if you need advice or words of encouragement. I know i would appreciate words of encouragement if my feet where in your shoes bro. We're here for you.

Hey Swole! I am sorry about this news! I have never gone through anything like what you are but I can imagine it is tormenting on the self esteem and you as a whole person. There is always a reason for something like this. Even though it seems so difficult right now it could easily have been that something terrible could have happened to you while firefighting. So this could be a blessing! I know, easier said than done! There are a lot of opportunities all over this country and maybe this is the chance to do something you REALLY love!? Personal training, maybe back to firefighting or who knows. But knock down that damn door of opportunity, walk through it with pride and go kick some ass out there!!! 

JARHEAD2

Sorry to hear that man! Keep your head up & press on. You have two options..... 1 Quit. 2 Press!! Nowfor myself I don't leave an option that way it's not considered, now press Bro!! I pray all is resolved very soon :)

B

bigmurph

Brother you're thinking very negative think positive maybe you can gain a position at a good company or even with another fire department. You can become a cop or correctional officer.

Don't underestimate your value if you are a firefighter. That means that you are well respected by the community and you should be able to get a good job if you plan on changing careers.

Keep your head up and just put one foot in front of the other eventually you will end up somewhere.

Good luck brother 

jewsir

An old man once told me life is like a mountain range! I asked how so, and he replied " Nothing grows on the mountain tops, only in the valleys and lower plateaus. When we are up high with the clouds we cease to grow. When all is well, sunshine and rainbows, we become content. Contentment leads to complacency, which leads to desolation of spirit. Like the wind swept peak of a lifeless mountain top. However when we are at emotional and spiritual low points, "the valley", that complacency is stripped away and desolation of spirit is replaced with desire and hope. For what is there to desire or hope for when we have it all. And with this new hope and desire we Grow up out of the valley."                                                                                                                                                                                                               This is just a valley for you to grow in brother!

calmb4dastorm

I'm sorry to hear that! Life always throws curve balls, trust me, i know firsthand. But we get up and keep pressing forward! I'm willing to bet you land Something better than you had before! ;-)

getswole2127

Thanks a lot for the support Brother! I have been absolutely killing the gym. Had a physical agility today and I have an interview tomorrow. I have experience in the fields that I have interviews for. 

I got this this in the bag :) thanks again for all of your support Brother!

getswole2127

You are absolutely right! an opportunity has just opened up for me to live one of my dreams. iwning my own gym and a clithig company is my ultimate dream, but this career opportunity that I have tomorrow will open doors :) 

thanks again for all of your help and support as always! You rock! Keep up the amazing work as well. you kick ass ;)