M.G.

B

Burrr

stoked for you Coalman, especially the part about getting above ground without black lung or other injuries. I hope you are an outdoorsman, there is so much to do outside in those appalachian states. 

C

coalman

Not much into the outdoors but I have already started my new job. I have had a layoff job over the years. Its something I really enjoy and fits into my training and family time. I don't think I could stay home all day. I have a few regrets but it was time to move on. Thanks for the reply.

C

coalman

Hopefully demand for steel will improve. Its trending up. Good luck.

strong

U got that right I C, Dolf knows how to lead. The guy leads by example. Works hard, Family man, Loyal friend and he has changed his whole physique. I don't care older or younger, I look up to the guy. Makes me want to be better. I asked his humble ass once if he was an educated man? He laughed and said hardly... I have to disagree with my brother on that one. Doesn't mean you are not an educated man if you teach yourself to be great... Its actually more honorable to never settle and want to be the best you can be at what you do.

Someone told me the man pisses excellence.... Oh yea, That was him : )

Khor20

Pisses excellence, classic! Since I joined I've been finding myself online quite a bit combing thru these topics and discussions it's fantastic honestly, so much to learn I love it! Keep pouring that gold

C

coalman

Sometimes common since and experience go along way. The school of hard knocks. I had to take my foremans exam twice. I didn't take the class I just studied the book. Another guy with an engineering degree took a class and failed it seven times before he got it. I'm not smarter than that guy I just new how to ventilate the map because I had hung curtain many years. Hanging rag is the lowliest job in a coal mine. Experience cant be taught its earned.

strong

I hear u Coalman. I definitely have common sense. I graduated the school of hard knocks. I love to learn by doing things.  Now I know why u a are Coalman.

I

icdeadlifters

Ahhhhh the good ol coal miner.... Spent a lot of time (training) in the alleghany mtns.... Camp David, Washington d.c., Virginia, west Virginia.. Etc. Love some coal miners...  Hard working folk..... I'm a gold miner now. Hard rock, placer, glacier, open pit....etc. Its hard work. And it takes a great deal of knowledge to find gold. As well as mining coal. That's some hard work... You can obtain the most out of a cycle working mine fields.......  :)

Dolf

Thanks strong. I look up to you as well. You're a bit hard on yourself at times, but you have great values and traits that anyone who strives to be a real man must possess. Anyone who has the drive to hit rock bottom, get up, dust themselves off, and work their ass off to the top is a leader as well. 

C

coalman

It was a Union job. LOL  Its not like anything you see on T.V.

C

coalman

This is the whole point. This site is positive. I guess MG members handle there hormones better.

F

Frankie-knuckels

any bullshit here my friend just some real ass people..!!

calmb4dastorm

MG is the place we feel comfortable enough to call home for many reasons as the aforementioned posts state...its a place we can come to and be ourselves... undisguised. You will not find what we have here anywhere else... welcome home!

strong

MG is a wonderful Place to be you. I Came here to find gear and learn to cycle Safely. I sure do get a lot more out of it than  that. I think most of us will post some seriously personal stuff without bashing. It helps me realize that we do think alike and we are all going through "Life" together.  This life can be scary at times but if you strive to be the best you can and keep moving forward and evolve, You will be fine. I think that we are all searching for excellence and that's what makes me proud to be a member..  REMEMBER, We can never get this day back so enjoy, learn and prosper...