Meals for this week...feedback wanted and appreciated

SharonKY

Here we are folks....Sunday and I just finished my prep for the week.  For the first time in 5 1/2 weeks (since surgery), I have actually felt good enough to prep without having to sit and take a break.  Please feel free to give me honest feedback, your knowledge and expertise are greatly appreciated!

[[{"fid":"29507","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]Orange Roughy with Carrots and Asparagus

[[{"fid":"29508","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]Bison Bulgogi (Korean) with Veggie Purple Fried Rice

[[{"fid":"29509","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]Honey Sesame Chicken with Veggie Purple Fried Rice

[[{"fid":"29510","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]Shrimp Fajitas

[[{"fid":"29511","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]Veggie Purple Fried Rice

[[{"fid":"29512","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]Purple Rice Carbonara with Asiago Cheese

Thank you for looking! :)

Dolf

Damn sharon! Can I hire you to meal prep for me? All of that looks delicious. +2 for sharing 

comquick

dolf read my mind. man I sure could use a good cook. I run out of ideas. I'm so chickened out its not funny. I need some new recipes. 

SharonKY

Awwwww you guys are too kind! <3

I just get creative...I know that I can have it if its not been processed and comes from the perimeter of the grocery store.  Then I just throw it together.  I grew up with my best friend being Korean, so if I can sneak that in to my meals I will! :)  I am fermenting kimchi for the summer as we speak...should be ready in a couple of weeks. 

I would love to cook for you guys....I usually buy whats on sale.  This week Kroger (grocery store) had buy one bag of fish get one for free so I stocked up.

comquick

I leave for the keys Friday morning so I'm hoping to come back with a  shit load of fresh fish. I'm so excited lol. I wish I could use my imagination to just whip some shit up, but its baked chicken almost every night. I cook everyday when I get home and make sure I have plenty of leftovers to make for my meals the next day. my kids are mad at me tho. lol. they said if they have to eat chicken one more day there going to start to cluck

SharonKY

Awww...my husband says the same thing.  He is a marathon runner that eats junk food (I kid you not!) all the time.  He hates chicken because I like to eat it all the time.  Since my weight loss surgery I cant do pork and certain cuts of beef, so its chicken and seafood.  But I have found bison, elk, and venison in a reasonable price that I bought some recently. 
My personal favorite chicken recipe is Chicken Drummettes with a sesame honey glaze.  I eat that with kim chi and rice.  Im 100% Italian, but hate pasta. Go figure! 

We should have a recipe section on the boards that way we can share and help each other. 

Dolf

Dude! My diet is 8oz chicken breast, 1 cup white rice, and asparagus at least 3 times per day. I eat eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast, whatever my wife cooks for dinner, and another meal/snack before bed. I just try to get creative with how I season my chicken. I buy 2 10lb bags of breast at a time. 

SharonKY

Well crap.....LOL  I would like to blame it on the change in my diet and lowering of carbs....aka brain fog! LOLOLOLOLOL

Khor20

Wish had your creativity with food Sharon lol, with a 2yr old and a 14yr old to cook for every night I sometimes am making 3 different meals haha

M

Mister A

I'm only gonna date girls with an instagram full of pictures like this.

TKC432

Finished my meal prep last night and then looked at this.  Mine doesn't look as tasty as yours, nor is it as interesting.  I have Chicken, Brown Rice, Broccoli and Black Beans.  Gonna have to try out that Cauliflower "Rice" thing.  Awesome meal prep !

Dolf

Yours sounds like mine.  I started using white rice now though. Imo the difference in digestive rate of brown and white rice is minimal, and white rice taste so much better. Picked that little tidbit of info from Mrfixit and kfizzle which are two members that are competitive bodybuilders.  I also use spinich mixed in my rice for my veggie and asparagus sometimes. Broccoli gives me the farts if I eat it too much. 

SharonKY

I encourage all of you to seek out a CSA in your area.  We have been a member of one for the last few years.  Basically we pay a fee (ours is $500 a year) and we get a bushel of fruits, veggies, eggs EVERY week from a local farmer.  We just pick up at his booth at the farmers market on Saturday.  I get completely organic produce and dairy for super cheap.  This was one of our baskets recently and I couldnt get all of it in the picture...we ate EVERYTHING .....we should be getting sweet potatoes in the next couple of weeks! (well everything but the papertowels...LOL)

[[{"fid":"30621","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"height":"280","width":"280","class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"}}]]

Here is the site where you can look up a CSA in your area.
http://www.localharvest.org/

JARHEAD2

Dolf, I agree white rice tastes better, but for me the brown rice is more my staple due to the fiber. Since cutting most of my fruit & nuts out, my fiber has to be increased elsewhere. Brown rice has about 3-4 more grams per cup than white rice. White rice is definitely my favorite though!

TKC432

I completely understand the value of organic produce and eggs .... so much so that a couple years ago I did away with my front yard landscape and completely transformed it into a an edible landscape.....now I get fresh, organic veggies year round.  Got a greenhouse set up in the back yard for growing veggies in the winter time.   I also have 9 laying hens in the back yard .... producing great healthy, organic eggs daily .... and of course plenty of organic fertilizer for the garden.    My kids say I need to hang pictures of bodybuilders in the chicken coop so they know why they're laying eggs.   lol    I Guess a poster of Arnold and one of Lou and even one of Dorian would complement the chicken coop nicely   ;)