Mini-cut

blastthru23

I go to other boards for info on "taboo" subjects so can be well informed on certain things. So far, i dont have evidence sufficient enough to entertain the use for certain things. I know that im disciplined enough to use certain things, just as im a good driver. However, i could slip up in either scenario, but theres no insurance policy that will cover hospitalization or death due to use of dangerous compounds, theres no uninsure motorist policy for a coma induced by illicit use of certain things. The risk outweighs the reward for me. Getting a pic taken of me with a fake sword and a plastic trophy just doesnt seem sufficient to risk a coma or liver failure, or death. But, it would be cool if we could and others as well, learn about the risk-reward ratio here.

You bring a lot to the table here at MG, and would certainly hate to see your involvement diminished over a rule whether its silly or not.

strong

I have a code of ethics as well. Most of my ethics go against authority...  When I'm here on MG I just feel better, train better and feel more accountable. Sometimes we question our methods of madness (or at least I do) and when things get tough and I have no energy I reach inside and work harder to not let myself or my friends here down. I want to be in the best possible shape and I want my friends to aspire to that...

I'm slowly (very slowly) seeing how my code has hampered my life... I'm learning to let go...

SemperFi

Pretty cool how life changes for us as the years pass and we gain new insight. In most cases it is for the better! 

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Mister A said:
</p><p>It's just the system and the way my own code of ethics does not fit in it. I am responsible for myself and only myself. Thank you to everyone.</p><p>
</p><p>I know exactly how you feel because I used to feel the same way. You know what I figured out? It really isn't an ethics issue. It mostly has to do with things being done in a way I think it shouldn't be done. I simply had to accept that some things are just not going to be done the way I want them to be done. Just because the tool isn't right for the job that I want done doesn't mean it won't be right for a job that needs to be done. I had to humble myself to discover this truth.</p><p>We all have a set of tools in our tool box and we get to decide which one we place in there. I have chosen (again...lol) to participate at a level thats suites me and at the same time I get to continue to help others. If I need another outlet that allows me to do things they way I think they should be done then I get to decide if I utilize that system but that does not mean I shouldn't utilize the current MG system that is beneficial to so many. In fact, I would say I would be depriving myself of something that has a positive benefit in my life if I choose not to.</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p> </p><p> </p>

strong

Yes Sir... I am learning every day. It takes time but everyone must experience their way.. I'm still a damn nightmare but I'm not a nightmare on TREN : )

M

Mister A

The system I'm referring to is not MG. It's not the rules they've set forth here. I disagree with lots of things everywhere in life and don't get bent out of shape when the world doesn't do what I want it to do. That makes me an adult.

The system I'm referring to is social media. Is this inauthentic form of communication. I won't perturb anyone's perception of this forum because I know it's a big part of many of your lives.

But to me it is not real and it will never be real. Online relationships hold little value to me. I center myself around the tangible. What I can hold in my hands. A measurable effect I can have in my own community. The people I interact with on a daily basis. The ones I know truly. I wish I could have real relationships with many of you. But I don't pretend like any of this is real. And the reason I pull away from social media is because I find myself being affected - becoming distracted, being bothered by, judging others - by something that isn't real. I have a limited number of fucks to give and an online form cannot be one of them. I wish you all the best of luck.

blastthru23

While social media has serious flaws, for me its more what i can hold in my heart rather tjan what i can hold my hands...

SemperFi

It's your toolbox brother. You get to decide what you put in it and what to leave out. 

Nice use of the word perturb. I did not know it could be used that way until I looked it up in Webster's. Your written word will be missed.

SEMPER FI