Most everyone here is from where?

unclem

I'm born and bred in Australia. I've lived for some short periods in UK and USA, can't speak for everything but leaving aside the destitute (remote indigenous, homeless mental health cases etc) even the poor in Australia do alright. Which is not what I saw in UK or USA. As an example, my old school friend is a single mum with two profoundly disabled children. Welfare is her only income, she lives in government housing in the outer suburbs, yet twice a year she has her hair done by a celebrity hairdresser in the ritzy suburbs. She says it's her treat for herself. Now she doesn't smoke or gamble and hardly drinks but how many welfare dependent people in the world can afford something like that? Australia is an awesome place!
iam born in america rather live out of the country for awhile who knows maybe be ill get the chance.

NyangoStar

USA, though I used to live in St Ives, Cambridgeshire in the UK back in the 80s for a spell.

That was a cool little town. Lots of old buildings and amazing smells from bakeries and restaurants wafting through the air and near constant fog and moist overcast weather that makes you want to go Goth.

Attachments

• istockphoto-1155601168-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-1155601168-612x612.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2