Muscle Gurus Rocks

swolesam

Hey everybody - i see a lot of great info here about topics that interest me, as well as like minded people with great info to share! So def excited to join.

Me, I am a wallstreet investments manager, with a die hard passion for bodybuilding. Been loving it since i was 15 years old. I am 5"11 , 228 lbs, 37 years old. I am on TRT regimen currently for the past 5 years now, and love to blast on cycle once or twice a year. i see alot of gems on this site, so am looking forward to eat this information up & contribute whenever i can.

Lately, i've been interested in HGH & peptides to supplement to my regimen. But been having a shitty time with peptide companies being inconsistent or straight up BUNK altogether. I hear the same thing about HGH as well. 

But anyways, thats my short intro, and looking forward to good reads & fruitful discussions! See you on the boards :)

swolesam

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Sure looking forward to take in all the info.

Strong - appreciate the +1 karma point, now i can walk with some swag around here ;)  lol

B

Burrr

nice intro, and welcome to MG.

Do you see the market getting bullish any time soon?

ramdisck

I didn't been in meetings all day.  That's awesome.  I also see I'm really close to Silver.  Looking forward to giving some Karma where Karma is due!

swolesam

market's been overly volatile in the past few months. The severe drops are triggering alot of automated stop losses causing the prices to drop further causing deeper drops, and the tailwind continues.

Whats sad is 2 major principles that alot of people applied for the longest time to get by in the market are no longer profitable:

1) Buy & Hold for the near long term is a NO GO. If its for the FAR FAR long term, maybe. But you are talking about a very small % of folks who can afford to jail-lock funds into holdings without needing them for extended periods of time (5+ years)

2) Trading ETFs over individual companies to mitigate high risk moves per day. That's no longer viable either. Look at most of the indexes , they move in 3% plus per day. A while back, ETFs would move 0.80% per day at the most. So it was a nice vehicle for low risk trading. No longer the case.

In the end of the day, when you see sectors crash that hard, your best bet is to sit on the sidelines with cash in hand. Let all the stop losses & the fear to play its role. But, you will need to pounce once a bottom or a top has been established. I personally dont try to guess bottoms or tops in the market, i apply the "alligator feeding" principle, meaning watch carefully, apply technical and fundamental analysis, and build your shopping list. Then watch for a confirmation for a solid bottom or a solid top, when its formed (takes usually weeks to form) identify the least risk entrance point & pounce in. Even then, trade with stop losses and/or extreme vigilance in case market manipulation is in play and what you thought was a top or a bottom was really a "head fake" in either direction. If its a head fake, your low risk entrance point should mitigate deep losses in your portfolio, at that point, dont be scared to EXIT the market & sit back on the sidelines again. Rinse & Repeat.

i know ... TOO LONG OF A RESPONSE :)))  its just no short answer these days when it comes to stock market with the automated trading, automated order executions, and the market manipulations.

strong

Swole, no way too long. Ive been riding the shit out of amazon. its 30 up or down and ive capitalized. I'm in pause mode cause I know ive been lucky, If its not oil its China or brazil.. Shit Disney hit their mark but not what was projected. Now ESPN is there fear if they can grow. its all smoke and mirrors. This week should give us an idea. i'll ride the FANG. not too worried. I believe in Amazon and somewhat Netflix. Believe it or not I road o'reilly auto parts right too. I'm sitting tomorrow to see whats up.  Don't worry I wont pm u asking for hot pics :) ive been playing the market for 20+ YEARS. I know the game. very different than 15 years ago..

swolesam

nice. I have been at it about 15 years, day in day out. Make sure to preserve your capital, and never haste into any trade until you do full analysis on it. The "herd mentality" trading slaughters accounts! I learned that the hard way early in my career LOL

amzn is a long for me if it goes above 520 , and a short under 471. Thats just my calculations.

If you like amazon, eft FDN is an "Internet companies Fund" holding 10% amazon, 12% facebook, 5% salesforce.com, Paypal,... 100% US Holdings. In case, you want to stay away from amazon as an individual risk & spread your risk it across multiple "Internet" companies. 

Brother, feel free to reach out to me at any point for advice, recommendations, or just to shoot the shit. Im happy to help out!

Outlawthing

Wrote you a book bro in pm :) +1 for the intro and thanks for the market advice  I'm gonna go dump all my money into it first thing :)

JARHEAD2

Glad to have ya in the family bro & sounds like you have some awesome experience to share with us & im looking forward to hearing from ya! +1