My current cycle clean bulk diet

SemperFi

Here is an example of my version of a clean bulk diet that I ran the first eight weeks of my current twenty week cycle. This diet provided me with solid gains in that eight week period when I used my own personal TDEE. Everyones TDEE varies based on age, height, weight, BF% and activity level. All the formula numbers used are just an example. The higher your TDEE the higher your calories per pound of body weight. 

Calorie formula - 17 calories per pound  200 x 17 = 3400 

Total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) = 3029 calories

3400 calories is our Day 2 baseline.

Day 1 - Protein 400g=1600 cals, Fat 72g=800 cals, Carbs 150g=600 calories, TOTAL - 3000 calories

Day 2 - Protein 350g, Fats 72g, Carbs 300g, TOTAL - 3400 calories

Day 3 -Protein 250g, Fats 72g, Carbs 450g, TOTAL - 3600 calories

3 day average daily calories = 3333 calories

3 day average daily surplus = 304 calories

3 day average carb intake = 300g

Take note of the carb progression. Day 2 again is the base line. Day 1 is -50% of the baseline and Day 3 is +50% of the baseline.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

Thanks for posting, I'm so used to thinking that bulk meant 1000 kcal or more over the TDEE

SemperFi

Times change and that is how we evolve brother.

Cycling smarter for the future - Cycle Utopia!

SEMPER IF

SemperFi

I always go with the highest quality whole foods that my garden can grow, my fly can attract or my aim can takedown. Whatever I cannot provide myself I purchase from local sources.

I supplement with medical grade hydrolyzed whey protein, occasional beef peptide protein, peanut butter powder and use zero additional processed foods .

I can skin a buck, I can run a trout line and a country boy can survive. ;)

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

DOW sent me a cow elk tag, maybe this will be the year I put some meat in the freezer

I've got a history of taking my rifle for some scenic hikes

blastthru23

Taught my daughter to shoot a rifle this summer. Next year, a friend of mine are going to take her turkey hunting so she knows the feeling of taking down an animal, preparing it, and eating it. When i was ten i ran a trap  line, and ate most of what i caught, otherwise I'd let it go (accidentally trapped a fox in #1 single spring foothold trap). I live in a heavily populated urban area, so there isn't much opportunity to hunt game like it was in rural Michigan, but i feel it important for a kid to have the experience. I really miss eating deer, muskrat, rabbit, and fish regularly. 

Dolf

I'd love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye. Shoot him with my old .45, and a country boy can survive...

Dolf

Nice post SF. 

400 to 600 calorie surplus is good. Especially when you start to age. Although I am an advocate for some younger 20 somethings who are hardgainers to put a little dirt in their diet. 

Many people also don't realize when you're eating very clean like that how much food it takes to eat 3400 calories.

Hades

Medical grade hydrolyzed whey protein? Never heard of it. Got a link? Sounds interesting. Peanut butter powder is a staple in mine and there is no room for bullshit processed foods.

SemperFi

http://shopmusclegen.com/protein?product_id=173

If you give it a try buy it on Amazon. Much cheaper.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

That protein powder sure seems to present itself with some misleading descriptions, some how a 15 gram scoop of this stuff has 30 grams of protein?

I had a little trensomnia this morning, did some more research on this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162454451

Still not completely sold on it, but I'm intrigued 

Do you count this at full value on macros?

I might just order up a little and give it a try. I really do have some issues with most whey isolate giving me wicked gas. I take lactaid with it and it helps a little, but still pretty gassy.

I'm gonna try some myprotein impact whey 95, a 95% pure isolate

blastthru23

Kind of like a large rat, but lives in creeks, rivers, and lakes. The meat is kind of on the sweet side, but DON'T eat the inner hind legs, that's where the musk gland are (not that you will be eating one anytime soon...had to trap and fish when i was kid cuz we had no money for food for a bit after my ma kicked the step-dad out the house). Oh, they have a nice pelt to, akin to rabbit :)

blastthru23

I read that same bodybuilding.com thread last night too. I think the label may be misleading to some extent.  Its mathematically impossible to get 30 from 15. The website states that only 31% of whey protein is used, so in a 30gr scoop you're getting roughly 11gr. So, the hidden assumption is that when u take genepro your getting 97% of 15gr its "like" taking 30gr of whey because of the enzymes contained in the formula. However, the math doesn't add up. I would use this stuff for post work out perhaps given the allegation of rapid absorption. Now, as for the cost of 1 lb of genepro  if you get it through amazon, it's damn close or close enough so as to not do significant damage to yp ur wallet, in 'per-serving' cost as an $80 5llb tub of magnum nutriceuticals whey protein  (which is what i use; almost every other brand gives wicked protein farts which i think is due to the whey concentrate). I'm thinking of giving their beef protein a go for post workout...

SemperFi

Burrr said:
</p><p>That protein powder sure seems to present itself with some misleading descriptions, some how a 15 gram scoop of this stuff has 30 grams of protein?</p><p> Do you count this at full value on macros?</p><p> 
</p><p>It is all about absorption and protein utilization. The information is not misleading, in my mind, if you do the research. I am not promoting this brand. I am simply providing a example that can be bought and that I use personally. There are many brands of hydro protein. Hydrolyzed protein is like the top shelf whiskey of protein. Is it expensive? Yes and no. When you calculate what your body absorbs and can actually utilize hydro make sense and is cost effective.</p><p>Adding <strong>protease</strong> with any protein will help eliminate gas and increases absorption.</p><p>I do not count a serving of Genepro as 30g but as 15g.</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p> </p><p> </p>