My Fitness-Pal

seymour

Hey all,

I've been using the app for quite some time now to track my daily intake and macros.

I have had good success with my goals in mind and using this app to help achieve them along with my workouts and cardio.

I'm curious though what you think about the app. Is there a better more accurate app? Do you like the app?

HGH.to

currently nothing. just trying to remember. but when been serious about it, the old way of paper and pen

seymour

currently nothing. just trying to remember. but when been serious about it, the old way of paper and pen
LMAO - I hear ya. I was more so asking what you use to look up accurate caloric values for each of the foods you're eating and taking in for the day. I don't really care about using the Fitness-Pal app or writing it down. Just want to make sure I'm getting accurate values.

Thanks man!

HGH.to

just googling it. I'm also finding lots of helpful information except for the caloric values about the specific food I'm searching for too.

Twizted

I also use my fitness pal, it's very convenient and easy to use. It seems like it is fairly accurate to me, definitely accurate enough for my goals

seymour

Thanks a lot Twizted.

I like it as well and it's served me pretty well. Was just curious what other methods you dudes used

EMachine

I’m still using pen and paper Seymour…I normally google stuff when in doubt. I’m not technically savvy but will try the app you mentioned and see how it goes.

seymour

I’m still using pen and paper Seymour…I normally google stuff when in doubt. I’m not technically savvy but will try the app you mentioned and see how it goes.
Hey dude!

The app is pretty user friendly honestly. I think you might like it. I'm happy with it and I agree with Twizted that it has been pretty damn good for the goals I've had for myself. The thread was mostly to see what methods other guys use and if there was something better I could try.

If you have a pre packaged food (say a greek yogurt cup) you can scan the barcode and it will pull up what the item is. The first time I add an item I always double check the values that it lists in the app versus what the actual container says. It's nice because after you add an item 1 time it remains in your "added or used" foods list and you never need to search for it again.

If you have food that is not pre packaged, this is the majority of my foods. Then there is no barcode to scan obviously. In this case you just type in what you're searching for and it will pull up a list of items. Items that come up with the green check mark next to them are supposedly verified and most accurate. Same concept applies for double checking the item here as it does for scanning barcodes. I will google what the food is and serving size that I'm adding and double check that the caloric values and macros are the same or very close to information I find on reputable sources online. Again, once these foods are added you never have to search for them again.

One of my favorite things is adding "recipes" you can go into the app and combine multiple foods into one meal or recipe and then in the future you don't have to add shit individually and it is a nice time saver. For example, I use this daily on my protein shake (combine my milk with the protein powder I use) also, I use this on my brown rice and chicken meal as well as my brown rice and fish meal. I also use it for my daily supplements (daily multivitamin, fish oils, and BCAA that I use daily).

It's really not much different than writing it down on pen and paper. I just prefer this because I could lose the notepad I use and with my dumbass that is likely to happen. However, if you keep track of your username and password you could delete the app for a month and then download it again, login, and then view all the shit from the past as well as continue to log things.

If you decide to give it a go and have any questions just hit me up man.

seymour

It's pretty good I think. Prob like it Supps.

LMFAO - I just realized I posted this in the "Women's Area" - hahahah that gave me a good laugh.

EMachine

Hey dude!

The app is pretty user friendly honestly. I think you might like it. I'm happy with it and I agree with Twizted that it has been pretty damn good for the goals I've had for myself. The thread was mostly to see what methods other guys use and if there was something better I could try.

If you have a pre packaged food (say a greek yogurt cup) you can scan the barcode and it will pull up what the item is. The first time I add an item I always double check the values that it lists in the app versus what the actual container says. It's nice because after you add an item 1 time it remains in your "added or used" foods list and you never need to search for it again.

If you have food that is not pre packaged, this is the majority of my foods. Then there is no barcode to scan obviously. In this case you just type in what you're searching for and it will pull up a list of items. Items that come up with the green check mark next to them are supposedly verified and most accurate. Same concept applies for double checking the item here as it does for scanning barcodes. I will google what the food is and serving size that I'm adding and double check that the caloric values and macros are the same or very close to information I find on reputable sources online. Again, once these foods are added you never have to search for them again.

One of my favorite things is adding "recipes" you can go into the app and combine multiple foods into one meal or recipe and then in the future you don't have to add shit individually and it is a nice time saver. For example, I use this daily on my protein shake (combine my milk with the protein powder I use) also, I use this on my brown rice and chicken meal as well as my brown rice and fish meal. I also use it for my daily supplements (daily multivitamin, fish oils, and BCAA that I use daily).

It's really not much different than writing it down on pen and paper. I just prefer this because I could lose the notepad I use and with my dumbass that is likely to happen. However, if you keep track of your username and password you could delete the app for a month and then download it again, login, and then view all the shit from the past as well as continue to log things.

If you decide to give it a go and have any questions just hit me up man.
Thank you!