need advice

tjay

What's up ppl. Been working out many years on and off. More "on" lately. New to this. Looking for advice in many areas of my ..... Lifestyle 

D

dolfanshan

Welcome to Muscle Gurus brother...its great to have you aboard!

tjay

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here. I just got back from the gym. Feel great. As always.  Just can't seem to put on any weight though. For a long time now. At 44 my metabolism is still fast. I probably shouldn't complain about it. So what's the deal around here? Is it cool to ask taboo questions?

siegmund

Here is the issue my friend , diet , is what will put weight  .  On you , aas will contribute , but they must feed off what you put in your body , even with a fast metabolism, if your eating 4000-4500. You should be putting weight I on  . (imo) .and if you do eat high , like 4500-5000 cal. You may have thriod  .  Issues.or something were not young my friend.fill me  .  In aon all this 

D

dolfanshan

Are you physically tracking the exact amount of calories you're eating everyday brother? Even with aas you have to eat to make more than water weight gains.

tjay

6', 180-185lbs. Not exactly sure on bf. But not much. My body will only accept muscle weight. 

tjay

Yea. That's my real question, I guess. Is it time to try aas. I know that's something only I can answer. I'm just looking to educate myself a bit more. 

tjay

I've been doing a lot of homework lately. Looking into a dbol, test e, and deca cycle. It's been so long that I've tried it that I'm not sure how much I'll need, how much to do, etc..

siegmund

Ok good idea the is alot of plp here good with diet , I suck with diet , but breakfast , eggs , oats , wheat bread , etc.  Eat a good breakfast. , then lunch , tuna , rice , orpasrt greens , dinner steak  . , talpia , or salmon chicken , brown rice I or potates , but more complex carbs ,,  your like me.in between meals.hit the drive thru ,..wont hurt us , then at night , yogurt , pb. Bagel. Etc. 

I think we can get you hi p to 200 ,while you research and get ready for your cycle ,:)) yes your ready for a test  cycle but l kill ke I said lets get that scale at 200

tjay

I know I should be. But I'm a pretty busy guy. Lately I'm trying to eat something every 2hours at least. Lots of protein of course. Haven't invested yet in aas, but looking into it. I like to get knowledge before jumping into such things. Any advice is much appreciated

tjay

I'm going to start eating a bigger breakfast. My lunches and dinners are ok I think. And I'm thinking more in between. 

D

dolfanshan

Get a phone app like my fitness pal and track your calories for a day. See where your at. A lot of guys think they're eating 4000 and in reality they're eating 2000. Its a very helpful tool brother. We are similar in height and I've been right where you're at saying the same thing. Once I started tracking my calories and made myself eat enough I exploded. You could possibly be eating too clean and may need to dirty your diet up to reach those calories. Maybe 60 clean and 40 dirty. Even if you have to eat a large pizza for lunch everyday.

tjay

I'll look into the app. I do like the sound of a whole pizza to myself every day. Thanks bro

Bash

Welcome tjay! Def do ur research before u start. I feel it's best to start once u have ur diet and training in check. Then the only variable to adjust is the drugs.. They def work. But they are not magical. But u will get the most out of them once u are eating efficiently..  Like dolf said it doesn't have to be all clean.. Good luck on ur journey!