Need help understanding

82ndab

OK I got my blood work back today, and need some help understanding.  My first test was 11 -19 -13 and my second test was 12 -26 -13, everything was about the same, except good news testosterone was up 72 points.  This is what I don't understand, my LH is 0.1 on the second test, and it was 4.0 in the first test, with Normal Range 1.7 - 8.6 miu/ml, and my FSH is 0.2 on the second test and it was 4.2 on the first tests, with Normal Range 1.5 -12.4 miu/ml. Prolactin on the first test was 6.5 ng/ml with Normal Range 4.0 -15.2.  Second test did not have a Prolactin reading.  Estradiol is 28.1 on the second test, with Normal Range 7.6 -42.6 pg/ml.  Did not have as estradiol on the first test.  The testing company was lab Corp for both tests.  Need a little help.

milkin

What is your current cycle, did you fast, and were any new compounds introduced for the second test ? Usually doc will order lipid panel test too. It is good practice to chart all of your tests. 

82ndab

Currently not on the cycle, TRT with test -C at 200 MG E10d started after first test.  Fast for 12 hours, no Dr. Had a blood tests done on my own through PrivateMDlabs to compare with the first test, before starting a cycle.  Wanting to start 16 week cycle.  Is there anything to worry about before starting a cycle.

milkin

Ok 82ndab, this is an example of how to chart your levels so you can keep track of fluctuations as new blood numbers come in. You can always go to the L-corp website for more detailed info on just exactly each reading represents. Your first test that had include all the results I am guessing was ordered through Doc while your second test you claimed to have elected to get on your own. When Doc orders a test he includes a complete hormone panel along with a lipid panel, that’s why you must fast for readings like cholesterol. When you go through third party, or independent lab, the just furnish you with the basic hormone panel results and we usually order the female panel due to its estrogen results. There is more advanced hormone panel test, which would include prolactin levels, but it is significantly more $$.

-If your Testosterone is up that’s good but is it within range? Being on trt right now that’s your main concern.

-Low LH and FSH is a sign that your pituitary gland, in the brain, is not sending a signal to tell your testicles to make Testosterone. This is usually attributed to the simple fact that you have entered the world of TRT and are now supplementing your own Test production. TRT affects many other hormonal behaviors down the line. Should you be concerned? Not really since it what’s expected but run it by our Doc for sure and keep logging All levels. TRT is a delicate balance and most fail to understand why your cruise numbers are so important.

-Prolactin is within range and fine.

- Estrogen is within range and fine.

Date

Test

LH

FSH

Prolactin

E2

11-19-13

??

??

12-26-13

^72

??

Range

6.8 − 21.5 pg/ml

1.7 - 8.6 miu/ml

Range 1.5 -12.4 miu/ml

4.0 -15.2

7.6 -42.6 pg/ml

kiddbiggdogg

i dont know how the hell the two of you retain so much info. i spend so much time taking notes i cant contribute! thanks and much respect guys

82ndab

Retaining the info comes hard to me also.  I'm more of the visual retainer vs.  A reading retainer.  I have to read over and over again until the light bulb comes on.  It's  just nice knowing that there's experience people here willing to help out. Trying to make sure the journey is as pleasant, fun and safe without any unwanted nasty's, or trips to the Dr or E R's. 

82ndab

Thanks for the info Milken, you're correct first test was a Dr. Order.  Hopefully the cost is cheaper then insurance, after first test labcorp billed me $100, but total cost was over $1500.

milkin

Taking notes has just gotten easier kidd thanks to the new "favorites" icon located at the bottom right hand side of the forum page. All favorites are archived to your personal favorite sub folder located on your profile page.