Needle gauge advice..

Bloody-nine

Signed up here a little while back, decided to hold off another 3-4 months before my first ever cycle. 

I am getting things prepared and purchased early ahead of time though. I'll be pinning mostly in my glutes I think.. Im pretty naturally lean, will 25g 1" be good? What do you guys use for glutes? I'm gonna draw with a 20g ,1 1/2"

Outlawthing

I use inch on everything  but glutes then I go inch 1/2. i use 23 gauge instead of 25  and I draw out with a 20 gauge 

csancheezy

25 & 23 ga x 1" for delts and glutes, and 5/8" for quads. You may want to buy some 23 ga's and not just 25's bc some peeps oil is thicker than others and it can be a task to push through a 25 every now and then. If you heat the oil though you will usually be fine with a 25ga. Also most peeps go 1.5" on glutes, but for it is unnecessary trauma, like my wife says I got a little butt haha

peckerneck

21x1" for glutes. 25 is too small, it takes forever to push oil through them. Needles should be sharp enough that you can't tell the difference.

Uglpharma

I stick with 23gx1.5" for everything, years of poking my self I feel the smaller the better, helps with scar tissue. 25g is rather small, takes way to long to draw or PIN

SwellMel

Not a real big guy, so when I started I started using 23g, 1" for glutes and continuously experienced moderate to severe PIP.  I switched over to 1.5" 23g with same lab and the PIP virtually went away.  My theory is that I think the 1" just didn't inject the medicine deep enough for a intramuscular injection and with the longer needle the potential for coming up short was eliminated.  Just one man's theory.  I have always drawn with a 18g. Seeing some of the comments about drawing with a 20g and might give that a try when the inventory needs replenishing.

gearbankintl

23g is a good middle of the road choice for them all.  However if doing site injections or arms then 25g may be better imo. Draw needle bigger the better, bigger it is quicker you can draw it and that is all that matters.

Even with super thin items 25g does take a bit to inject because the opening is so small and it creates a lot more pressure in the syringe. With a 23g it will usually go in like butter....if.... it is well made gear that is.