New here

TheTechnician91

Hello, I was an athlete for a number of years. I now have some health issues that make things difficult and I fell off track for a while. I got myself to start going back into the gym a few weeks ago. Now I just found this site and thought I could get some help and advice. I've been wanting to try a few things and have an idea of what I want to do but no idea how to go about it. Any help is appreciated.

MusculeX

Hello my friend, and welcome to MG maybe you could tell more about your issue with health in more details, so members could give you some advice .

suppsforlife

Hello and welcome. This is the right place for information (and not only). Yet, we need some more information about yourself to further assist you. Have you ever used steroids before? what's your age? height/weight, goals? what health issues are you talking about?

TheTechnician91

I have never used steroids. I'm 6ft at about 270, I used to maintain a weight between 210-220. I dont know that I'll ever compete in anything again but I would like to be in good shape and train. I have 2 bulging discs in my lower spine and I have a hip infringement in my right hip joint and advanced arthritis in both hip joints to the point where there really isnt any cartilage left. They want to do a full hip replacement on both sides but want me to hold off as long asni can because of my age. I can barely left either foot more than a few inches off the ground. I've done some research on deca and how that helps with joints and wanted to give it a try with hgh. But really I dont know much about steroids or hormones so I'm trying to get educated before jumping into anything.

loren

true deca or npp will help with joint not sure if its a help with injuries i just had 6 cortisone shots in my lower back and then had an RFA. radiofrequency ablation its radio waves that burn the sheathing back on the nerves so you feel pain less it worked for me it didnt fix the issue it just made the pain stop you will def. get info here on this site many members are very knowledgeable good luck keep us posted on your progress but do it slow the weights will not go anywhere and they do not feel pain be well......loren

pitbullmuscle72

Hey Technician - I can fully empathize with what you are going through. I am 12 days out from having my right hip replaced and am cruising right along. I held off as long as I could, but it just got too bad. I had used deca about to help with the joint pain along with hired a physical therapist as a personal trainer to help me build my core. It worked for a while, but in the long run, it is hard to run away from degenerative joints and arthritis. I wish I had done this 2 years ago as I am feeling so much better and it is helping me have a better quality of life.

Parameddog

No - Deca can assist with the symptoms, but it has not got the ability to reverse the damage. It can, however trigger the production of collagen which regenerates some cartilage, but at that advanced stage will just buy little time. It may (MAY) reduce the discomfort. There are some studies around this - use Google Scholar but beware the quality of the study - make sure it is peer reviewed and published in a reputable medical publication.