New to MG but not a newbie to the game

thewire

Hello all

43 yr old dad of 2 and husband here.

Fighting the constant battle to find the balance between family life, work, training, sleeping, eating and keeping a demanding wife happy.

92kg

18%bf

Ectomorph

New to MG but no newbie to the scene, started playing with roids about 5 years ago and was a member on another forum like this one that unfortunately went downhill a bit. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about!

So, I have done 3 cycles, trying to find my way. All with bloods before during and after, so I have seen the patterns in my reaction to the substances and how I recover.

The first was the standard test cycle, then a drol/test and my last was a dbol/test.

The first was ok, just finding my feet but second two gave good results.

I’m thinking about another Dbol test and have researched a dbol, deca, test cycle. Have brought the PCT required (dex,caber, HGC, nolva, litho and clo etc but haven’t brought the actual aas as yet.

I want to check my bloods and tune my diet again before deciding what to do.

That’s where I’m hoping to find help here…..

I’m a seriously hard gainer. People can’t believe how much I eat, I’m on around 6000 calories a day of real food and only tend to use shakes as a top up or extra. It’s hard work and I have worked hard to stretch my stomach to take it, not sure if I can fit more in.

No BCAA or pre-training caffeine and my body just can’t handle creatine unfortunately. It makes me feel shit on many levels.

I sup on Vit D/K2, B12 and Canabis oil to keep my old joints and rheumatism in check.

I also take organic raw pressed aloevera (tastes like shit) for energy and digestive help, and generic digestive enzymes to make up for the bacterial cultures that seem to be missing in my stomach.

On top of that I am intolerant to all cereal  and grains. Wheat obviously and also rye, and oats.I can handle 40g of oats a day max and some sourdough bread a few times a week,

a pasta dish once a week perhaps.

I also react to peanuts and cashews. But I can handle almonds no problem I tend to eat a 25 gram mix of pine nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds every day with a little salad.

My cholesterol readings are always high in my blood test because of the high amounts of fat and meat  I eat to get the calories I need, but I make sure I drink 5 to 6 litres of water a day to keep my system flushed.

I’m also diagnosed as being sugar sensitive or pre diabetic. I don’t take any medicine for this but instead have trained myself to keep my blood sugar levels stable through the food I eat. Basically if I eat too much sugar my body reacts with an excessive insulin hit which induces diabetic and low blood sugar like symptoms. However I have a fairly good handle on all this.

As far as training goes I have been hanging around gyms as long as I can remember and have read books, articles and talked with PT’s and physiotherapists, plus my own experience, so I know what I’m doing.

Right now things look like this

Intense cardio and core training every Monday for an hour at fight club.

Then in the following varying days in the week

One session legs,

One session push,

One session pull

with stomach and calves blended in the mix  

Other than that I have a manual job where I walk around with tools and equipment all day so I burn some serious calories there

So that’s the basics about me.

If anyone can help with structuring a diet, taking into account my considerations, I would appreciate it J

TW

Dolf

Hello and welcome brotha. I apologize it's taken this long for someone to welcome you and answer your question.

If I'm correct you are 6ft 4in and weigh 203lbs?

You have a lot of restrictions. Can you eat rice and sweet potatoes? 

Do you physically track exactly how many calories per day you consume by either an app or writing them down in a log. I tend to doubt this because 4000 clean calories is a lot to consume. 6000 is crazy.

Please be forthcoming with all your answers otherwise the advice you get might not help.

blastthru23

Welcome to MG, great intro too! Have to say you have a lot of issues you're dealing with, and damn 6000 cals is A LOT. On cycle or not (unless you're in the high 200's)

strong

Welcome to MG. I too apologize that we didn't notice your intro. It happens..  Excellent intro. You joined the right place.

thewire

Dolf, Jarhead,Blastthrou and strong

Thanks kindly for the welcome, no worries about the long response.

So to answer some questions.

Yep I'm 6ft 4in and weigh 203lbs, I can eat rice and sweet potato. I'm taking a break from sweet potato and brown rice at the moment. I have eaten so much for so long that it makes me wretch. I have to force it down with a lot of water. I'm hoping a break will help me "like" it again when I gear up for my next cycle.

I still eat white rice, quality slow cook indian variety rather than the fast cook stuff. I'm loving Jacket potato at the moment.

I'll admit that 6000 is not possible every day, especially the weekends but at least 3 of the 4 training days.  so realistically 3 or 4 days a week and I'll also admit it's a "dirty" bulk diet. I boost my daily norm by upping my portion size at lunch and dinner and trying to squeeze a 500 cal shake in after breakfast

I use myfitnesspal for my counts

Here's how my macros stack up on my daily norm which runs in at about 5000 cals (Taken directly from the app)

Carbs    499g 37%

Fat         222g 37%

Protein   346g 26%

I get a lot of cals from the fat and I know my cholesterol is high - 746 according to myfitesspal

I want to get it down but still hit the calories, hard when I have the restrictions

Daily norm looks like this

6.00 am - Lean home made bacon 50g/egg/liver 50g/potato wedges 100g

8.00 am - home made oat cake (300 cals) made with natural butter maple syrup raisins and fruit sugar

9.00 am - Salad - Salmon 70g/egg boiled/ feta cheese 50g/ mixed beans 70g/ seeds 25g/ lettuce, tomato, cucumber olive oil.

12.00 - home made moussaka - lamb mice80g, beef mince 115g/ potato 150g/ butter, cheese, tinned tomato/onion/aubergine

14.00 - cooked meal rice or pots or sometimes pasta 120g /beef or chicken or pork 150-200g

18.00 - cooked meal rice or pots or sometimes pasta 120g /beef or chicken or pork 150-200g

20.00 - Pre training - Shake - 350ml milk, 60g almond butter, 1 raw egg, 40g oats, 60g natural protein powder, small banana. (around 1000 cals)

10.00 - After training - Jacket potato with grilled chicken/bacon/cheese - around 700 cals

It's hard work ......... 

SemperFi

Welcome. Great to see you getting active. +2

It needs to be hard work brother. If it was easy anyone could do it and then we would just be average. No one here wants to be average. 

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Thank you for your response.

Your fat intake is way too high and dangerous to your health as your bloodwork also proves. First priority for everyone here is health and safety. Aas will also jack with your cholesterol. It's a perfect storm brewing for a heart attack. You need to get your diet lined out and get your cholesterol down. Even if that means getting meds from your doctor to assist. 

Another problem could be just because you're eating 5 to 6000 cals doesn't mean your body is processing it. Try using a digestive enzyme to aid in digesting. 

thewire

Totally agree with you dolf which was why I came here to get some advice or ideas on how to adjust my diet accordingly. 

I already use digestive enzymes from bio care I find they work well for me. I also take pure aloe Vera in liquid form as it really helps with digestion. 

I have an endocrinologist and a dietician at my local hospital looking into my fast metabolism and food intolerances but they are limited. As soon as I start talking to them about 5000 calories a day they freak out. But I have had some help from them and my plan is to take knowledge from them and knowledge from MG and find the best balance. 

What I really want to line out is my macro balance and get some ideas for clean carbs. 

For example, in your opinion is the macro balance between carbs and protein a good one for a bulk roid cycle and am I actually hitting enough calories to gain weight? 

Other people seem to be telling me I should eat more carbs. Which is ok I can do that but how much exactly? 

I'm also curious to know what carbs you guys eat and how much? 

It seems clear to me that I need to reduce my fat intake and up my carb protein but because of the intolerances to nuts and grains it's hard to know where to get the "clean" calories from. 

My dietist it thinking about it but not really engaged in it because she thinks I'm eating to much and the plan she laid out for me should be enough. But I know it's not so I just boost it up with whatever I can stomach. 

Any ideas for food to eat and in what quantities, formulas or tried and tested diets for going on cycle would be much appreciated 

I have read up on several sites about diet macros and used several different suggested formulas but I seem to get different results in the the total calorie count so I don't really know which is the most accurate formula to use! 

Dolf

I'm 6ft 2in was at 210, and a hard gainer as well. My current macros for a pure bulk, not lean bulk but pure bulk are 330g protein, 400g carbs, and 80g fats. 18% bf is a bit high and a reduction in carbs and fat will help you reduce the bf. My personal opinion is to work on your diet which is the most important aspect of this lifestyle, see what your doctors find, and get your cholesterol under control before using aas. 

thewire

Ok awesome. That is a good start. 

Was there a formula you used to get to those macros? 

I know my body fat is a bit high. I used to average 15 my lowest was 12 but that was a while ago. It crept up shortly after I hit 40. Not sure if it was because of my age or because of my diet adjustments I made 18 months ago. 

Either way I know I can get it down again without any stress. 

Dolf

For a bulk I usually go with go with somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5g protein per pound of body weight, 2g carbs, and 80g fat. Small adjustments are made with the protein and carbs to exceed my tdee by 500 calories. The extreme amount of fats you're consum8ng are not good health wise or for bofy composition. 

thewire

Dolf said:
</p><p>For a bulk I usually go with go with somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5g protein per pound of body weight, 2g carbs, and 80g fat. Small adjustments are made with the protein and carbs to exceed my tdee by 500 calories. The extreme amount of fats you're consum8ng are not good health wise or for bofy composition. </p><p>
</p><p>Thanks for the advice dolf. I will start to rework my diet in the coming weeks and get my bloods done </p><p>See how things look before starting my next cycle </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>