New to MG

sweetncinti

Hello, my name is Sharon. I am 39 years old and I've been steady working out for the last 8-9 months. Ive already seen some results Ive been running Lady Var for 7 weeks now went from a size 10 to a size 6.  Still having trouble in my waist and chest area. I feel like Ive been steady and would like to see more results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Dolf

Welcome to the family! It's great to have you here!

Var is just an aid. Diet is what will help you achieve your goals. What do your macros look like?

strong

Welcome to MG...  The only thing you can do is be patient and keep working hard. The great thing is you are progressing. Document your water intake and diet and tweak it to see what works for you. Don't ever get discouraged.

dixona1986

Welcome to MG! If you're making progress, that's what counts, even if it seems slow. Remember that everything takes time. Don't forget to check out the weight loss section. There are a lot of great tips there. 

SemperFi

Welcome. Really nice to have another female part of our community.

You cannot spot reduce body fat. Unfortunately the lower chest and the abdomen are the last place that the majority of people will begin to see fat loss. Just be consistent and keep doing the right things. As your overall body fat percentage reduces you will begin to see small changes in your trouble areas.... lower chest, lower abdomen, saddle bags (muffin top for you ladies), etc.

Time + Consistency = Results

Keep up the good work Sharon. Your diet will be key.

SEMPER FI

strong

+2 SemperFi...  

This post is simple but its a reminder for me to stay steadfast in my assault against BF.  I am seeing the fat melt away from my lower chest. That is an ugly area for a man to have fat...

dixona1986

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you Sharon. I'm 30, I've lost alot of weight over the last few years, but now it's just stopped. I'm a size five, but I want to lose more in my stomach area too.

sweetncinti

honestly I'm really bad at counting macros. I've tried everything to keep track, and it's too complicated. I know it sounds lazy. I own 3 restaurants and work a ton of hours. I am very diligent with my workout routine and definitely watch my protein intake ensuring to get my115 grams of protein in daily. I keep my calories down to less than 1,200 a day. I don't go crazy with carbs or sugar and I did quit drinking soda. 

SemperFi

+3 for kickining that bastard Mr. Soda to the curb. He is a taker and offers you nothing in return. You should be proud of yourself.

Counting macros is a learned process just like anything else. It takes effort and becomes second nature in time. You can make all the excuses about not doing it but if you ever decide to commit to it your return on investment will be greater and so will your results. Everything we do is about little adjustments and without knowing exactly what we are putting into our body we will not know what adjustments need to be made or when.

Ready or not tomorrow is coming. ;)

SEMPER FI

sweetncinti

Dirty 30 lol Definitely when losing started to be a challenge.  I honestly was good til I had a car accident in October 2012. I completely shattered my right hip and pelvis. Being restricted for 6 months and unable to walk. I have had a long road to recovery and now finally feeling 100% to fully commit to my fitness. Good luck with reactivating your progress. I try to keep switching things up. Keeps my body slowly progressing.

SemperFi

We are going to keep you accountable Sweet.... not only to us but to yourself.

IRON SHARPENS IRON.

SEMPER FI