Opinions on provigil (modafinil) in bodybuilding?

expdom

I have been reading a lot about this stuff, It is supposed to improve restfulness, concentration and really make you feel good all around. It is used in bodybuilding but i'm not sure how I feel about it yet, i'm kind of on the fence. If it gives you the extra motivation to get in to the gym and get it done that's great but I can't decide on how appropriate I think it is since it does not seem to improve body comp in any way.

A

Axle

about it a while back I'll see if I can find it.   I love it don't take it all the time but when you do you are there , and don't try to musty take because it won't harly let you.  You pick something and it's on.  I love it in the gym you only get distracted from the chick on the treadmill for 2 min instead of 30 min.

SenseiMiagi

Ive used it a few times and it definitely adds focus to what you are doing at that time.  Its not a stimulant, nor is it potent......however I found after taking it and beginning a task I tended to be incredibly focused on said task.  Not a game changer by any means, but could be a benefit.

csancheezy

a good chunk of reading about it and it is an interesting compound, its considered and nootropic drug used to enhance cognitive function, reading peoples experiences they either really love it or hate. Some talk about being more driven and focused than they ever have been before in their lives, and others talk about feeling sick and not being able to go to sleep. Getting the dosage right seems like the trick, idk ive never used it..yet ;)..

expdom

I believe i'm going to try hydrafinil instead, it's lesser known but what I've read it's easier to find your dose and it does not seem to cause the sides in so many people, so far the consensus it that it's a better version of the same thing. I'd maybe take it pre workout with a tne/dbol blend or something just to get to my maximum human capacity!!!! I have not been as excited to try anything in a while, it reminds me of a very slight version of the drug in that limitless movie. I read that there is a real version of that and got all excited, then after reading actual reviews and customer complaints it was a scam like that enzyte stuff. When you couldn't get it anywhere, I read they were selling it on ebay for hundreds of dollars a bottle, Nuvigil I think it's called.

csancheezy

makes me think of that movie too hahah.. Have you found reports of any sides (except for sleeplessness and maybe nausea)? (For both the modanifil and the hydrafinil)

SenseiMiagi

Provigil/Nuvigil is very expensive.  Modafinil/Modalert is generic equivelant.  200mgs in morning, or pre"whatever youre using it for" was adequate for me.  Your body does develope a tolerance, so long term use has diminishing returns.

Hope you enjoy the experience with minimal sides.  I like it personally, but havent had any in months.

alpha

Modafinil should be used simply for concentration. If you can't concentrate in the gym you're doing something wrong. Perhaps you would need to find a gym with less friends in so you can focus on training and not casual chit chat :)