pinning sites

1wolverine

Ive pinned many times using delts and glutes. Tried ventrals, but didnt like that because of awkward reach/pushing the plunger. I never tried quads, but I am interested because I want to train new sites for a prop cycle pinning 5x/wk. Where is the best place to pin in the quad? Its a very large muscle and Id like to get the best place or places. Thanks brothers!

siegmund

I've just started using quads ,,I used upper outter ,and seems to work OK it didn't cripple me but ,I felt it ,,ain't going to lie I was worried pinning them but ain't that bad 

N

noveskeelite

Ive heard some guys swear by quads and others like me say shooting quads just cripples them. Heard other people say you just gotta find the sweet spot. I followed spot close to whats advised on spotinjections.com and each shot left me limping and unable to train lower body for minimum of 4-5 days.

N

noveskeelite

Just test.

Used same gear in other spots with no pain. It is very likely just a matter of finding that sweet spot man. And only way to know is to try a few injections.

Standingup

So weird, I had done quite a few very easy quad pins with nary a pinch going in, then one day BANG I hit a nerve. I figured it must have been a fluke, well twice more in the quad I hit a nerve and the last time I involuntarily yanked the needle back out. After that I have been afraid to go back and just rotate the glutes and delts.

I had a friend tell me hes been using his calves because he cant rotate his body to see his glute. I dont understand that because I do a gluteal injection with one hand not even looking. Just reach around and stick, so darn easy .

N

noveskeelite

depends how big you are man. I cant reach back and push plunger. I got needle in but couldn't push plunger.

Standingup

Try jabbing the needle in then letting go of it, then you can reposition your hand so the palm is pushing the plunger and your two fingers around it. 

Are you so big you can not put a business card in your back pocket ?

1wolverine

hey noveskeelite, was it prop, enan, cyp? Ive heard a lot about pip with prop. (this thing is giving me trouble replying under the reply tab??)

N

noveskeelite

ive used both and both caused about same amount of PIP in quad.

I cant confirm this personally but my friend is also using and injected into front of quad......I used side as shown on spot injections.com. 24 hours later NO PIP.......except mild soreness.

pain is without a doubt location dependent and just finding that sweet spot

N

noveskeelite

Standingup said:
</p>
<p>Try jabbing the needle in then letting go of it, then you can reposition your hand so the palm is pushing the plunger and your two fingers around it. </p>
<p>  Are you so big you can not put a business card in your back pocket ?</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>im 240lbs and went for top of glute. couldn't push plunger man. yes I can put a card in my back pocket and I can easily wipe my ass. however that's a lot different than guiding in a needle and keeping it steady and pushing a plunger.</p>

Standingup

Hey just relax a little, I dont know where the ass wiping came in to it but you sound a little worked up.  I mention the business card in the back pocket because thats about the extent of the reach you need. I can pin my glute without even twisting my mid section around, I think you are making it harder than it is.  If you simply stick a few fingers in your back pocket (like slipping a business card in) then push with your fingers thats roughly whwere you need to be.  Try like I suggested above where you just put the needle in first , them completely let go of it to reposition your hand in a comfortable way.

N

noveskeelite

1wolverine said:
</p>
<p>pinned quad first time this morning. hurt more than usual sites going in, but smooth sailing since. no issues.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I just did mine like 5 mins ago. Hit front this time and not side. Im hoping and praying this time it doesn't hurt lol. I agree it is a little uncomfortable going in.</p>
<p>My FAV spot my by far is front delts. needle goes in so easy I don't even feel it. side delts and quads theres a lot of meat to push through</p>

siegmund

Like I said delts ,by far my favorite but I think I over used them so I had to venture else where ,I told you Nov I have old lady hit the glutes ,I was gonna say ass but just didn't sound right lol but I have a problem reaching ,,don't no what happened I use to love glutes and was easy ,think I got spoiled what happened

1wolverine

update. ended up havin helluva pip in quad! I'll stick with it tho, bcuz I hope it lessens. that tren a, test p, mast p cycle for 8 weeks has me excited!! oh, yeah! woodie!! 

N

noveskeelite

1wolverine said:
</p>
<p>update. ended up havin helluva pip in quad! I'll stick with it tho, bcuz I hope it lessens. that tren a, test p, mast p cycle for 8 weeks has me excited!! oh, yeah! woodie!! </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>aahhaha me too man. My shit swelled up AGAIN. and ive hit same quad three times. not touching quads again. mostly delt injections for me from now on.</p>
<p>My training partner somehow has done 2 quad shots now with no pain or swelling. Pisses me off lol</p>

N

noveskeelite

fortunately my PIP has reduced quite a bit today. still have some swelling but I should be able to my heavy deads tomorrow. just the other day I had nice lump and even some redness to go with it. nothing like the pain and stress quad shots give me.