Protein Absorption

Dolf

Who thinks we are limited to how much protein our bodies can absorb in one sitting, and why? 

ramdisck

I've posted similar questions before. How much can the body take at once.  If I could I'd drink a shake with 300 grams and know in good for the day, but bro science has different things to say. Interested to hear others thoughts.

Dolf

My thoughts are this...the more lean muscle mass you have the more protein your body can absorb because there are more places for the body to shuttle the protein to. In other words a 180lb man @12% bf can process 40g of protein where a 220lb man @12% bf could process 60g. I pulled these specific #'s out my ass as an example.

blastthru23

I'm wondering if the % of protein absorption/assimilation increases while on aas given the increase of protein synthesis...? Intuitively, I'd say yes. I would also agree intuitively that the lower bf% would likely square with greater protein synthesis given the theory of nutrient partitioning (I'll admit, I'm still getting my head wrapped around this one, but, prima facie, it makes absolute sense)

Dolf

Yea your body can definitely process more protein while on aas vs natty. I also feel using digestive enzymes help as well. Take tren for instance. It's well known that tren does more with fewer nutrients as does test, but tren to a greater extent.

Dolf

Yes sir! A lot of your higher grade proteins are adding digestive enzymes to their product.

blastthru23

I'll see if mine does, I'm kinda thinking it does. I used to get hella protein farts before i switched. Whew! That wing of the house is closed!

ramdisck

What part does the rate of metabolism play. If a person like myself who metabolizes food quickly digests more protein can the body take more because it does not have to "store" it?

Dolf

Good question, and not too sure. Metabolism is measured in terms of calories/energy burned over a certain period of time (usually a day) to conduct the bodys necessary functions while at rest. It seems to me that a higher metabolism would need more macros to grow, but with less lean mass there's still fewer places for the macros to go versus a bigger individual.  

I

icdeadlifters

Dolf said:
</p><p>Who thinks we are limited to how much protein our bodies can absorb in one sitting, and why? </p><p>
. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>I looked into this a couple years ago and found this read to be informative...</p><p> </p><p>https://www.muscleforlife.com/the-truth-about-protein-absorption-how-often-you-should-eat-protein-to-build-muscle/</p>