Question: Sterilizing bottles of gear.

Eriq

I have a bottle of a long estered blend that has 200 mg/ml each of tren e, test e, and mast e ( yup, 600 mg/ml). As you can imagine it has pretty brutal pip anyway, but with the last pin on Saturday, I got an infection; after 48 hours, hot at pin site, swelling rapidly, and crazy sore. Hit the Amox/CLV and sat on a hot pad last eve and swelling and pain are already down.

While I know I should cut my losses, and toss the gear, It's a nearly full bottle. Has anyone tries to sterilize bottled gear by boiling it? I figure I could vent the bottle with a pin and heat it slowly to 200f as if trying to un-crash it. Stupid idea?

Thanks for any advice,
Eriq

N

noveskeelite

NOOOO. You will destroy the compound with excessive heat.

You could refilter the gear through a syringe filter into a new sterile vial if you want to salvage it. Are you sure you used sterile injection procedures?
Most UGL aren't making dirty shit. If you got infection it was most likely injhection gone wrong. But you can refilter with syringe filter

D

dolfanshan

I'm with nov. I doubt it's dirty gear. Most likely bad injection procedures or a piece of the stopper broke off and got into your syringe.

Eriq

Thanks guys. I thought the heat might be a problem.
I'm pretty darn careful with injection procedures. Wash hands, use hand sanitizer, clean tops and site w/ alcohol 2x.

I wasn't so much thinking the gear was made dirty, just that I might have drug something into it (although I have heard of some having issues with this lab.--not one of our top UGLs!) Also, I think Dolf might be correct about a particle from the stopper --It was hella slow to draw.
Thanks again.

N

noveskeelite

I would filter it again through a syringe filter. Just need large syringe, and a sealed sterile vial, and syringe filter. Last thing you want is another infection and more pain.

Also to help minimize PIP get some filtered GSO and cut the gear 50/50 with that. Should eliminate most if not all your PIP. Smart man having antibiotics on hand

D

Dont_trip

You more than likely got infected due to technique it happened to me....Cleaned the area everything was perfect but I brushed against my shoulder not realizing it (Nervous habit)contaminated the area and boom infected....but if you believe you may have contaminated it throw it away bro whats 30-60 dollars in the grand scheme of things...By day 5-6 my arm was so swollen and hot it was crazy LOL anti biotics saved me on that 1 k flex

D

dolfanshan

Unless you already have one I suppose the cost of a whatman filter would be quite a bit more than that bottle cost.

siegmund

Toss it bro nothing to think about !!!! DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR HEALTH , GODDAM BRO YOUR STICKING NEEDLES IN YOUR BODY YOU JUST HAD A INFECT ,, WHATS TO THINK ABOUT ???? COME BACK FIGHT ANOTHER DAY ,,, UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH ,!!! TOSZ THAT SHIT ,
I JUST GAVE 38 ML OF EXCELLENT GEAR AWAY , BECAUSE OF EO , COME ON

Standingup

As far as sterilizing, well boiling it in water wont work, but the good news is you cant destroy the hormone that way either b cause its just not hot enough. Filtration and BA is about it and I just don't see it being worth it as its far more likely an ingredient issue. I happen to love Ethyl Oleate as a solvent , I feel it works like magic, but a lot of guys seem to react. See if you can as your source if he uses EO

Standingup

A buddy of mine thought he had dirty gear. Red swollen arm, pip from hell and warm to the touch. I had such doubts the source gave him dirty gear I said "bring me the exact bottle " then I drew from it and pinned it my self. Had no pip had no trouble at all, in fact I finished the bottle.

Please don't be too quick to use anti biotics and at the very least since you have decided to do so PLEASE do your self a favor and run a cycle of pro biotics afterwards

Eriq

Crap, what an ordeal. Had a huge, swollen ass all week. I think you're right, Standing. It was an EO mix. As with many allergic reactions, it seemed to get worse every time I pinned. First pin; pip. Second; minor swelling, third; what seemed like a major infection. Like Sieg recommended, ended up tossing it. Not worth going through this again.
Funny thing is that I used EO before from another source without issue. Anyway, my body sure hated this mix.
Will keep on the antibiotics for the week to make sure I'm covered, then follow up with probiotics. Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

D

dolfanshan

It seems though that if you've used eo without a problem that it shouldn't be a problem this time. I'd check the percentage of eo in both and see if it's vastly different.