Quick question

Mleblanc

What are you guys using, as preworkout ( it could have stimulants or not or just  protien base) and as a Nitrogen booster?

I was just turned to,this C4 Ultimate, it has stim. But not ridiculous amounts without  hard crash and does also have a N.O booster.  Which i was looking for in the first place lol not really a preworkout when I got this stuff but oh well  ,  I really wanted to try a N.O booster with hydromax. It suppose to be the best in the game. I see many companies using it.   This C4 doesnt have Hydromax, but the bang for the buck it really seems to be alright. I really would like to see what you guys are using ( besides TNE) lol  as a pre intra and post. I also use JYM'fast acting carb powder before my session as well.   Im just curious to see whats everyones favorites and get our minds bacj to what we do here

Have a blessed day

blastthru23

Preworkout ingredients need not be many. Many ingredients in pwo drinks arent even necessary or dosed too low to have any real benefit, like beta alanine. Cituline malate, which research shows to be much more effective than arginine, is under dosed in all brands as far as i know. Evedently, the dose should be 4-8g per serving. At any rate, from my understanding a preworkout needn't contain any but the following (i'll a couple ingredients that arent necessary but have been shown to boost the others)

1. Citruline Malate (4-6g) [CM metabolizes into arginine, and due to the metabolic pathway, it results is greater amounts of arginine. The amount of actual arginie needed to equal that which is produced from cotruline is massive apparently]

2. Caffeine (not necessary, but it helps. 200+mg)

3. L-norvaline (helps slow the breakdown of arginine, the metabolite of citruline malate)

4. Theobromine (extends the half life of caffeine

5. Potassium 800-1000mg

Ill add some info on beta alanine later; have to find the article or podcast going in depth on it. Btw, its fine in a preworkout, but does nothing for pumps, or energy.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/we-do-science-the-guru-performance-podcast/id885246231?mt=2&i=1000355374009

Thats it. Proprietary blends phooey!

calmb4dastorm

Are so varied now. I am currently using Blacktsone Labs Dust. I prefer C4. I get a decent pump with it, but more of a crash than with the C4. Just like my gear, I cycle my preworkouts. When I finish this Dust, I will go back to C4. I usually rotate from C4 to Stimul8 to B-Nox Androrush. 

Mleblanc

but Calm, im glad you brought up Dust i been wanting to try their V2 version, the Dmaa and dmha bersions  seems a bit to much stim for me lol, this Black label C4, I been getting really good pumps and way more focus on muscle mind connection, and really causing to feel each muscle I hit. To where I had trouble before, i really been following black stone alot too.  Im thinking of giving their glycolog a shot.  I also liked B-nox, even though its been while since i used it. 

i know you have to becareful,with the stims because it can restrict blood vessels. In which kind of does opposite of what we want. Blood flow !  Im not so much in to the stims like i use to be, now I just want good focus and freaky pumps. Thanks Calm and Blast for your input. Its always greatly appreciated!.

calmb4dastorm

I tell you that Dust has me itching from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. LITERALLY. Eyelids, eyeballs, ears everything. That's my biggest complaint with it. I get minimal itchiness with the others.

Mleblanc

Extreme shock dies that to me, if im pushing under a bar it feels as if im pushing freaking ants out my face , lol I hate that feeling also,  

ramdisck

SharonKY is in the house!

I gave up on the preworkout.  I take my usual supplements and a caffeine pill 200mg.  I buy bulk powders for the taurine and beta alanine creatine  etc. those I'll mix in with a shake pre or post. Save a ton of money.