Sauerkraut

blastthru23

I grew up eating sauerkraut my grandmother made. I make it from time to time and add it to my meals. It's super easy  to make, healthy for your sigest tract & liver, and it's tasty too. You may choose to add root vegetables like carrots or beets, caraway seeds add dimension in flavor.  One more thing, run the kraut through a juicer for a tasty kraut juice. Consume like apple cider vinegar, about a tablespoon to a 1/4 cup. Add jalapeño, garlic, or anything else when juicing for an added kick.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/the-food-that-changes-your-life?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article5090

Outlawthing

I eat kraut i like it my wife doesn't and since she became pregnant it makes her gag if I cook it :)  it sounds like you looked in my drawer in kitchen I have banana peppers japenos kraut olives and such laying about it goes a long way when you need to change it up 

blastthru23

Kimchi is basically the same thing only that they use Napa cabbage, and add rice vinegar and spices to it.  I believe it has a slightly different microbe profile as well than cabbage based kraut. Watch out, that stuff can be dangerous if eaten in too great of quantities! 

SharonKY

KimChi can be made with ANY vegetable and even some proteins.  I LOVE cucumber kimchi, fish cake kimchi, and spinach.  Im not a fan of the cabbage winter kimchi