Should I be bulking during my first cycle to gain muscle?

mp123

Hi,

I am 38, 6’3, male, 24% body fat, been working out for about 2 years regularly.

I’ve been on my first cycle of Test (500mg/week)for 6 weeks now with 6 weeks left to go. I’ve been eating somewhere between maintenance and bulking cals everyday with at least 200g of protein. I’m seeing more muscle develop which has been great. My problem area is my tummy and love handles. I’ve had flabby fat around my stomach since I lost a bunch of weight back in 2014. It just doesn’t seem to ever go away. Adding two pics: the non sweaty one is pre- cycle, and sweaty one is current.

Now that I’m finally gaining muscle:

- Should I continue to eat bulk calories until the end of my cycle or am I screwing this up and should be in a cal deficit? I was worried that by being in a deficit I wouldn’t gain muscle so that’s why I decided to go with bulk cals.
- When should I start my cutting cycle? After my test cycle is over and as I am on my PCT? Or after the PCT?
- Should I take any other PEDs to help with cutting? And should I take these with my PCT’s? Or after?
- How do I lose this damn belly fat and be able to see my abs?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 1C23D360-2086-4C2D-A0C3-CD33416F0D94.jpeg
    1C23D360-2086-4C2D-A0C3-CD33416F0D94.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 9
  • DCFA05E0-AE80-46E6-8BE5-FEE8C6CEEE89.jpeg
    DCFA05E0-AE80-46E6-8BE5-FEE8C6CEEE89.jpeg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 9

suppsforlife

- Should I continue to eat bulk calories until the end of my cycle or am I screwing this up and should be in a cal deficit? I was worried that by being in a deficit I wouldn’t gain muscle so that’s why I decided to go with bulk cals.
staying in bulking cals you'll be gaining even more muscles, but won't lose fat.
going in cal deficient you're very unlikely to lose any muscles at that dosage of test, but you can lose the fat you want to get rid of
- When should I start my cutting cycle? After my test cycle is over and as I am on my PCT? Or after the PCT?
depends on what you aim. I would recommend after PCT because staying in calorie deficient during PCT can be hard due to mental issues. But if you're short of only a few cals a day, you can start now and continue with it.
- Should I take any other PEDs to help with cutting? And should I take these with my PCT’s? Or after?
it's best to stack them and then allow your body fully recover from everything during and after PCT until the next cycle. May start now with something as you're in the cycle. but since it's your first cycle, test alone can help. If you're sure you can tolerate another compound, can start now and stop when you stop test. Then go into PCT.
- How do I lose this damn belly fat and be able to see my abs?
create the calorie deficit, that's the only way. regardless of what you do. abs are created in the kitchen. in the gym you burn those calories, but regardless of how much you burn, you won't lose belly fat and see abs if you eat too many cals. eat clean and create a calorie deficit. stay consistent. you'll see the fat go

mp123

Thanks for this response! Very helpful.
staying in bulking cals you'll be gaining even more muscles, but won't lose fat.
going in cal deficient you're very unlikely to lose any muscles at that dosage of test, but you can lose the fat you want to get rid of

depends on what you aim. I would recommend after PCT because staying in calorie deficient during PCT can be hard due to mental issues. But if you're short of only a few cals a day, you can start now and continue with it.

it's best to stack them and then allow your body fully recover from everything during and after PCT until the next cycle. May start now with something as you're in the cycle. but since it's your first cycle, test alone can help. If you're sure you can tolerate another compound, can start now and stop when you stop test. Then go into PCT.
Which PEDs do you recommend for stacking with testosterone for first cycle?
create the calorie deficit, that's the only way. regardless of what you do. abs are created in the kitchen. in the gym you burn those calories, but regardless of how much you burn, you won't lose belly fat and see abs if you eat too many cals. eat clean and create a calorie deficit. stay consistent. you'll see the fat go

suppsforlife

Thanks for this response! Very helpful.
glad I could help.
Which PEDs do you recommend for stacking with testosterone for first cycle?
none. creatine, L-carnitine, L-arginine, protein if needed, BCAAs, maybe some vitamins and minerals if your body requests. But test alone is great. Only if you're absolutely sure you will tolerate well the added steroid, you can go for something mild such as Primo or Anavar.

Gainz.

3,000cals, 300g of protein, 1 gallon of water per day. Split the meals into 5 or 6 equal meals. So 6 500cal meals (Low fat, low sugar foods) This will increase your metabolism. Helping you gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
Stop drinking soda, juice, sports drinks, Gatorade, snapple.
Running 40mg of anavar every day for the last 4 weeks is possible. But only if you have your diet on point.
Without a solid diet... you're just fighting against yourself.