Shoulder Wrecked!!!!

kiddbiggdogg

Alright sorry for my lack of participation and input.... I haven't been working out because I have severly torn my Rotator Cuff. Initially I thought I could stretch good ice and heat and work through the injury. NOT A SMART DECISION!! I've been to see a doc and he wants to do surgery immediately! At the same time I'm hearing a lot of people say they continue to have intense pain anyway. I'm just not sure which way I'm leaning... I have scheduled an appointment for a 2nd opinion. Any suggestions comments or advice is welcome 

milkin

There is no working through that injury kidd, as with any/all injuries, proper measures must be taken to assure no further injury occurs. You are now at your doctors mercy bud and it is best to follow whatever protocol he has planned for you. Many recover from this injury all the time if they have the paitence to allow it to heal properly.

Now would be the perfect time to concentrate on core and legs since all other muscle groups would involve shoulder movement. Or dial in on that deit and set a target BF goal and beat the cardio to death. There is plenty to do while recovering so keep your chin up and good luck. ( Heck, you can even start writing to the forums about your experience with this injury, other other sport related njuries, or diet related topics )

kiddbiggdogg

milkin said:
</p>
<p>There is no working through that injury kidd, as with any/all injuries, proper measures must be taken to assure no <em>further</em> injury occurs. You are now at your doctors mercy bud and it is best to follow whatever protocol he has planned for you. Many recover from this injury all the time if they have the paitence to allow it to heal properly.</p>
<p>Now would be the perfect time to concentrate on core and legs since all other muscle groups would involve shoulder movement. Or dial in on that deit and set a target BF goal and beat the cardio to death. There is plenty to do while recovering so keep your chin up and good luck. ( Heck, you can even start writing to the forums about your experience with this injury, other other sport related njuries, or diet related topics )</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Thanks bro....honestly i did let it get me down at first. But i have my big girl panties on now. Ive cleaned my diet up alot started training with my 12 yr old nephew. focusing on plyometrics, core, and explosive movements. working with him has awakened rejuvinated my love for the sport not just lifting. ive revisied my goals and im on a mission to become a better well rounded athlete. thanks for the incouragment and i will def be writing more and more active on MG.</p>
<p> </p>

N

noveskeelite

milkin said:
</p>
<p>There is no working through that injury kidd, as with any/all injuries, proper measures must be taken to assure no <em>further</em> injury occurs. You are now at your doctors mercy bud and it is best to follow whatever protocol he has planned for you. Many recover from this injury all the time if they have the paitence to allow it to heal properly.</p>
<p>Now would be the perfect time to concentrate on core and legs since all other muscle groups would involve shoulder movement. Or dial in on that deit and set a target BF goal and beat the cardio to death. There is plenty to do while recovering so keep your chin up and good luck. ( Heck, you can even start writing to the forums about your experience with this injury, other other sport related njuries, or diet related topics )</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Great positive advice.</p>
<p>when you are able to finally start doing upper body stuff again. add in shoulder complexes and indian clubs to your pre workout. and avoid elbows out bodybuilder style bench presses.</p>

kiddbiggdogg

It has gotten a lot better than it was but still no where close to be back. I've been stretching it doing some shoulder complexes as suggested by Nove. I have not been lifting with my upper body at all until yest I decided to test it a little bit. Did some push ups with very little discomfort. 5 sets of pull-ups no pain just weak as water. The only thing that really hurt was cable cross-overs (very light weight of course). Bicep work was somewhat painful but tricep work was not. So with all that being said I still have a long road to recovery but I'm plugging along. A big thing I have noticed is a loss of stabilizer strength. Thanks for asking Milkin