So what do you do with your used needles?

milkin

This topic came up on the gym floor a few weeks back and I was shocked to learn how some people dispose of their used needles.

One clown said he wraps it up in a paper towel and throws it in the garbage. Jackass !! Another guy said he fills a plastic ziploc bag then puts that in a brown paper bag and  chucks that in the garbage. Another jackass.

Personally I use a sharps container but not everyone has access to one of these so out of curiosity I called my local county to ask them the proper protocol. I was told that my county did not have a needle recycling center, usually through a local medical center, and to perform the following:

Place all used needles and syringes in a hard plastic jug, such as a used milk or laundry detergent jug, then wrap in a plastic bag and tie tight. It is now ready to go directly in the garbage.

I found this interesting since they usually burn medical waste but it sure sounds better then wrapping them in a paper towel.

So I was wondering how everyone gets rid of their used pins ?

dlovett

Mine go into a detergent or a milk jug - seriously! I write "SHARPS" on the outside with black Sharpie and when it gets full, I bring it to the Emergency Room (I live in a metropolitan area and am reasonably near to one of the many hospitals) where they have a sharps disposal/biohazard waste container available to the public.

ON A SIDE NOTE - the looks I get from people when I dispose of my sharps is priceless... They see me, 6'2" and 240lbs walking up to the receptacle with a gallon-size milk jug filled with syringes and their heads short out for a second because they are used to seeing IV drug users depositing. It takes them a second to think to themselves, "Either that's the world's biggest junkie or he's on a different agenda..."

milkin

Dam D,  guys are rough. I bet you and KP were the school bullies stealing everybody's lunch money back in the day.Yell

Hulksmash91

i put mine in used protein tubs or my preworkout tubs and then tape them up and throw them away. same as a hazmat container