So what joint supplements do you take?

NZT-49

Let's kickstart this forum and get some answers from personal experience which may help others! Personally, I take Cissus and Glucosamine. I never noticed a difference when taking Glucosamine and still had joint paints when running, but Cissus has definitely helped for me. With Cissus, there is noticeably less joint pain during and after a workout.

D

Dont_trip

HIGH DOSE I USE TYPICALLY 12 15G FISH OIL A DAY HELPS WITH INFLAMMATION BIG TIME HAD A NASTY RASH THAT DOCTORS COULDN'T FIGURE OUT IT BURNED AND ITCHED FOR MONTHS FISH OIL DOSED AT 15 G A DAY CURED IT

milkin

I too use fish oil and find it to helpful. I have tried many over the counter supplements with little to no success and would love to hear if anyone has found something that works for them. 

D

dolfanshan

I use fish oil too. I use it for heart health, but I'm with milk. I also use Glucosamine and it helps with my bouts of tennis elbow, but for the most part I find sups to be misleading scams. Watch the documentary Bigger,  Stonger, Faster and it discloses the truth behind sups.

D

Dont_trip

must be used in high doses in my opinion at least  10 grams minimum amd 3500 epa dha to reap the benefits 

NZT-49

Fish oil...who would have ever thought? So not only does high amounts of fish oil decrease the chance of heart disease as well as improve cognitive fuction, but it can also help for join pains? I am learning something new every day.

D

Dont_trip

Its a mircle supplement that everybody should be dosing,try getting 10g's a day and 3500 epa dha try it for a month you will be loving it

D

dolfanshan

One downfall though is recent studies have shown fish oil to be bad for your prostate. Couple that with aas which can also be bad for the prostate and it could be a recipe for disaster.  Food for thought

D

Dont_trip

Genetic disposition is to blame for that hopefully I used the right word.What I mean is if you are pre disposed to getting prostate cancer maybe you should steer away but I think the pro's greatly out weigh the cons

D

dolfanshan

It's basically how do you wanna die. Heart attack or prostate cancer. On a serious note you really have to look at who funded the studies because studies often times have agendas, but aas is bad for the ole prostate and fish oil could be. It's a possible double whammy. It won't deter me from using fish oil though,  but if cancer especially prostate cancer run in your family it's really something to consider. 

armonda85

Thanks for starting this form. I kind of over did a workout yesterday. Being in a workout high figured I could push myself to do more and come to find out my knee joints are still screwy. I can't do squats like I used to without having noise canceling headphones so I don't hear the Rice Krispies in my knees. I can still feel them, but hearing it deterred my workouts. I know one should listen to their body, but not being able to push myself in certain things makes me think I'm an old timer.

so fish oil is added to my regimen. 

Dolf

Glucosamine with chondroitin and msm are great for your joints and tendons. I use Osteobiflex triple strength. It takes several weeks to feel it working though.

Pumped

I take glucosamine hci1500mg +msm1500mg daily which i introduced shortly after a  repeated shoulder injury after doing so i noticed a considerable amount less of pain. During my recovery I doubled up on the dosage to achieve these results. 6months was my down time.